Skip to content

Browns Presser live (four horsemen)

The Browns Board
26 16 2.1k
  • All I can say is "Wow".

    I watched the whole thing and it wasn't hard to do considering my first observation:

    Mike Holmgren is in charge. I suppose it isn't that others haven't "tried" to be in charge but I suppose that when it's someone that carries a lot of respect around the league,...the press shuts up and the boss controls the room. Mike Holmgren says we're not going to discuss Donte Stallworth today...then damn it...we AREN'T talking about Donte today.

    I have always been impressed with Philly's approach to player personnel. They draft smart. They don't let guys like TO hold them hostage (but they aren't afraid to take a chance if it's a good deal and the player might help them). That said, Heckert seems like a great fit. Did you hear him in his straight denial that his refusal to come here last year had to do with Mangini? They didn't know each other and last week it was reported that they couldn't exist together but wait, they can.

    Ultimately, I can't help but feel better about Eric Mangini when I see him surrounded by those three people who can worry about things that he frankly can't do on his own. He looks relieved. I think that if you noticed, Mike Holmgren said a lot of nice things in passing about the coach. He said that while he CHOSE to try and be the GM as well as coach...EM was thrust into it. I'm starting to get the sense that Mangini didn't have a lot of help around and this could wind up being very good for him in his growth. These aren't just warm bodies....these are competent football people who are PROVEN.

    @earl34 said:

    All I can say is "Wow".

    I watched the whole thing and it wasn't hard to do considering my first observation:

    Mike Holmgren is in charge. I suppose it isn't that others haven't "tried" to be in charge but I suppose that when it's someone that carries a lot of respect around the league,...the press shuts up and the boss controls the room. Mike Holmgren says we're not going to discuss Donte Stallworth today...then damn it...we AREN'T talking about Donte today.

    I have always been impressed with Philly's approach to player personnel. They draft smart. They don't let guys like TO hold them hostage (but they aren't afraid to take a chance if it's a good deal and the player might help them). That said, Heckert seems like a great fit. Did you hear him in his straight denial that his refusal to come here last year had to do with Mangini? They didn't know each other and last week it was reported that they couldn't exist together but wait, they can.

    Ultimately, I can't help but feel better about Eric Mangini when I see him surrounded by those three people who can worry about things that he frankly can't do on his own. He looks relieved. I think that if you noticed, Mike Holmgren said a lot of nice things in passing about the coach. He said that while he CHOSE to try and be the GM as well as coach...EM was thrust into it. I'm starting to get the sense that Mangini didn't have a lot of help around and this could wind up being very good for him in his growth. These aren't just warm bodies....these are competent football people who are PROVEN.

    Well, there's already a distinct difference between how the press chooses to treat Mangini and Holmgren. During the season, EM had to answer the same question more than once, sometimes three times, when he initially answered with "I'm not going to discuss it at this time." All it took to shut everyone up today was for the Big Show to say it once in regards to Stallworth. That's respect, but it's also a good sign for the troubling times ahead. Decisions made going forward will not be portrayed in the propaganda-ish way of the past. Of that, I'm certain. That will only continue to portray the organization in a favorable light. And, believe me, in this town that's an unbelievably tough accomplishment.

  • I also noticed that when Mike said he wanted 'everyone' to be working toward the same goal, he specifically included the media, gesturing in their direction. Very Interesting. We'll see how that goes over time.

  • Anybody have a link?

    WSS

  • Anybody have a link?

    WSS

  • I just love listening to Holmgren. He is an EXCELLENT public speaker, makes sense when he talks, and makes you feel comfortable when he discusses whatever topic is flung his way. Heckert also has those characteristics. Mangini sort of looked like the overshadowed little brother but his work has already spoken for him which is what MH looked at when giving him another year.

    Exciting stuff!

    @cribbswalker said:

    I just love listening to Holmgren. He is an EXCELLENT public speaker, makes sense when he talks, and makes you feel comfortable when he discusses whatever topic is flung his way.

    Exciting stuff!

    Holmgren just oozes confidence,control & success

  • Did Heckert act in his younger years??

    tomheckerteagles.jpg

    Looks like Stiffler to me. That should make for some entertaining PC's

    stiffler.gif

  • xxxx, I'm excited.

    I clapped like a trained seal after it was over.

  • newregime.jpg

    Sorry to ask, but who's the guy on the left? lol.

    @dawgpound16 said:

    newregime.jpg

    Holmgren is a little better in his age as not to crack up laughing while Mangini is doing his best with a silly smile.

    The question that should be asked is, who cut the cheese?

  • Just looking at the pic and how the guys are dressed....

    Wiedmeier.....he looks professional in a GQ kind of way and could make a $350 suit look good.

    Holmgren...trying to look hip and not all that worried.

    Mangini...looks like a coach should.

    Heckert....dump the crappy suits, or suits for that matter because unlike Wiedmeier, he could make a $1400 suit look sloppy and unkept.

    The guy needs to stick to polos.

  • Did Heckert act in his younger years??

    tomheckerteagles.jpg

    Looks like Stiffler to me. That should make for some entertaining PC's

    stiffler.gif

    @ballpeen said:

    Did Heckert act in his younger years??

    tomheckerteagles.jpg

    Looks like Stiffler to me. That should make for some entertaining PC's

    stiffler.gif

    LMAO! God bless ya Peens!

    - Tom F.