Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. We get to quit paying one of our former coaches

We get to quit paying one of our former coaches

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
19 Posts 13 Posters 2.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
    • 1k Posts
    • 448 Reputation
    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Romeo is causing a hoopla in my fridge right now since he has agreed to become the Chiefs defensive coordinator and we can stop paying him.

    ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DawgTracker D
      • 774 Posts
      • 1 Reputation
      D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Are you sure we don't have to pay him the difference? I don't know, just wondering

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Earl34 E
        • 1k Posts
        • 11 Reputation
        E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        You have to pay him the difference.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • bjh2130B bjh2130

          Romeo is causing a hoopla in my fridge right now since he has agreed to become the Chiefs defensive coordinator and we can stop paying him.

          ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @bjh2130 said:

          Romeo is causing a hoopla in my fridge right now since he has agreed to become the Chiefs defensive coordinator and we can stop paying him.

          I didn't know you had access to the teams contracts.

          It would be highly unusual for us to be released from our obligations because the guy took another position.

          I am not sure you know what you are talking about and fairly confident I do.

          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
          bjh2130B 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 8k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
            #5

            I thought most contracts had clauses in them stating that if a coach took another job, his former team would be relieved of it's duties to pay him. Maybe that's not the case when you get fired, though. I don't really know.

            But, I did hear something on First Take about this, and they were debating whether or not Romeo should take this job, or sit at home and receive the 8(?) million he was supposed to receive from us for the duration of his contract. The way they were talking, they made it sound that if he were to get a job elsewhere, he would immediately stop getting the money from us. I wasn't paying too much attention, because outside of Jay Crawford I have no loyalties to that show.

            I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
            B 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

              I thought most contracts had clauses in them stating that if a coach took another job, his former team would be relieved of it's duties to pay him. Maybe that's not the case when you get fired, though. I don't really know.

              But, I did hear something on First Take about this, and they were debating whether or not Romeo should take this job, or sit at home and receive the 8(?) million he was supposed to receive from us for the duration of his contract. The way they were talking, they made it sound that if he were to get a job elsewhere, he would immediately stop getting the money from us. I wasn't paying too much attention, because outside of Jay Crawford I have no loyalties to that show.

              beefjerky B
              • 548 Posts
              • 26 Reputation
              B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

              I thought most contracts had clauses in them stating that if a coach took another job, his former team would be relieved of it's duties to pay him. Maybe that's not the case when you get fired, though. I don't really know.

              But, I did hear something on First Take about this, and they were debating whether or not Romeo should take this job, or sit at home and receive the 18(?) million he was supposed to receive from us for the duration of his contract. The way they were talking, they made it sound that if he were to get a job elsewhere, he would immediately stop getting the money from us. I wasn't paying too much attention, because outside of Jay Crawford I have no loyalties to that show.

              that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

              jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • B beefjerky

                @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                I thought most contracts had clauses in them stating that if a coach took another job, his former team would be relieved of it's duties to pay him. Maybe that's not the case when you get fired, though. I don't really know.

                But, I did hear something on First Take about this, and they were debating whether or not Romeo should take this job, or sit at home and receive the 18(?) million he was supposed to receive from us for the duration of his contract. The way they were talking, they made it sound that if he were to get a job elsewhere, he would immediately stop getting the money from us. I wasn't paying too much attention, because outside of Jay Crawford I have no loyalties to that show.

                that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

                jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @beefjerky said:

                that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

                yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

                ballpeenB B 2 Replies Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • manbearpig manbearpigM
                  • 454 Posts
                  • 3 Reputation
                  manbearpigM manbearpig wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  The recent hirings of coaches Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis not only gave the Chiefs coaches with experience, but also left them with a coaching staff that outweighs their defensive line. Most Kansas City fans are unsure about the addition of Crennel, but the localKrispie Kream stores are unanimously in favor of his presence. The local ChineseBuffets have taken a different approach by switching menu's in order to prevent a possible Weis-Crennel buffet perfect storm. When a reporter asked a Chinese buffet owner why the switch, the owner replied, "I can barely serve Godzilla, no serve two." The combination of Weis and Crennel will likely lead to less wins for the Chiefs and a Big Mac famine for Kansas City. Cranes are the only thing that can get these big boys out of the city, good luck.

                  Taken from http://hotsauceinmybag.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • kpolen4 K
                    • 107 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    K kpolen4 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I thought there was a clause about that to cuz I heard that John Gruden didnt wanna coach this upcoming season cuz then the buccaneers stopped paying him if that was the case and he isnt happy w/ them so he wanted to make them keep paying but idk if its true or not

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • jrb12711J jrb12711

                      @beefjerky said:

                      that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

                      yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

                      ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 9k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @jrb12711 said:

                      yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

                      That sounds great.

                      I had a pretty good work ethic, but I wouldn't take a job paying less than unemployment until unemployment ran out.

                      The whole purpose of unemployment is to give you the opportunity and time to find something better.

                      To do anything differently is stupid.

                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ballpeenB ballpeen

                        @bjh2130 said:

                        Romeo is causing a hoopla in my fridge right now since he has agreed to become the Chiefs defensive coordinator and we can stop paying him.

                        I didn't know you had access to the teams contracts.

                        It would be highly unusual for us to be released from our obligations because the guy took another position.

                        I am not sure you know what you are talking about and fairly confident I do.

                        bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 448 Reputation
                        bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
                        #11

                        @ballpeen said:

                        I didn't know you had access to the teams contracts.

                        It would be highly unusual for us to be released from our obligations because the guy took another position.

                        I am not sure you know what you are talking about and fairly confident I do.

                        Coach Romeo Crennel signed a two-year contract extension with the Cleveland Browns, his reward for helping turn around a NFL franchise in disarray for most of the past decade.

                        The 60-year-old Crennel still had two years remaining on the five-year deal he signed in 2005. The extension, believed to be worth about $4 million (2.7 million) per season, takes Crennel through the 2011 season.

                        So if he accepts this job in Kansas City, Randy Lerner saves about 4 million dollars.

                        That all depends on what the Chiefs sign him for though. If they sign him to league minimum which is close to 900k a year then we will have to pay him the difference per year so 3.1 (1.8) million. Again they could sign him for more than that though.

                        I am fairly confident I know what i am talking about also.

                        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • CoachShmaltz C
                          • 31 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          C CoachShmaltz wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          it would be very easy to laugh at romeo because he is so fat but i can't laugh because i'm a fat ass and right now i'm eating chicken wings with barbeque sauce and blue cheese dressing.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • bjh2130B bjh2130

                            @ballpeen said:

                            I didn't know you had access to the teams contracts.

                            It would be highly unusual for us to be released from our obligations because the guy took another position.

                            I am not sure you know what you are talking about and fairly confident I do.

                            Coach Romeo Crennel signed a two-year contract extension with the Cleveland Browns, his reward for helping turn around a NFL franchise in disarray for most of the past decade.

                            The 60-year-old Crennel still had two years remaining on the five-year deal he signed in 2005. The extension, believed to be worth about $4 million (2.7 million) per season, takes Crennel through the 2011 season.

                            So if he accepts this job in Kansas City, Randy Lerner saves about 4 million dollars.

                            That all depends on what the Chiefs sign him for though. If they sign him to league minimum which is close to 900k a year then we will have to pay him the difference per year so 3.1 (1.8) million. Again they could sign him for more than that though.

                            I am fairly confident I know what i am talking about also.

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @bjh2130 said:

                            Coach Romeo Crennel signed a two-year contract extension with the Cleveland Browns, his reward for helping turn around a NFL franchise in disarray for most of the past decade.

                            The 60-year-old Crennel still had two years remaining on the five-year deal he signed in 2005. The extension, believed to be worth about $4 million (2.7 million) per season, takes Crennel through the 2011 season.

                            So if he accepts this job in Kansas City, Randy Lerner saves about 4 million dollars.

                            That all depends on what the Chiefs sign him for though. If they sign him to league minimum which is close to 900k a year then we will have to pay him the difference per year so 3.1 (1.8) million. Again they could sign him for more than that though.

                            I am fairly confident I know what i am talking about also.

                            +1 that's my understanding of the situation- the Browns are still on the hook for his HC salary, minus whatever KC pays him. BTW, I heard somewhere the money RC got for doing those Coors Lite commercials deducted what he got from the Browns too.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Gips GipsG
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 34 Reputation
                              GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                              #14

                              KC now known as "the krispy cream chiefs" are going to be hell to deal with after adding weiss and crennel as coordinators both these guys are excellent coordinators just not HC material..randy will still have to pay romeo's difference in pay and rightfully so ,hopefully this has served as a lesson and randy has learned NOT to hire GMs and HCs on his own! 😉

                              While the Krispy Kreme express will enjoy solid coordinating on both sides of the ball im not so sure that daboll will provide the browns with the same ,it may be a wasted year unless mangini rids himself and us of this somewhat uncreative newbie OC before TC begins..

                              We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                @beefjerky said:

                                that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

                                yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

                                beefjerky B
                                • 548 Posts
                                • 26 Reputation
                                B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @jrb12711 said:

                                yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

                                when you have millions of dollars, I would think that most people would find something better to do than "sit around and do nothing all day".

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

                                  http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

                                  hoortaH ballpeenB 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                                    OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

                                    http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

                                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 20k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                                    #17

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

                                    http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

                                    😆 I've been to Arthur Bryant's- a long time ago. Interesting place for having a national reputation. A hole in the wall joint in a bad part of town. They just toss your ribs directly on a plastic cafeteria tray. But you should see the stuff hanging on the wall from people who have eaten there- including a couple of presidents.

                                    These guys had better start upping their beef order too. Best KC Steakhouses

                                    I've eaten at the Golden Ox & Hereford House (checking out the best steak joints in town is one of my avocations) and I'll attest to their quality.

                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • hoortaH hoorta

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

                                      http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

                                      😆 I've been to Arthur Bryant's- a long time ago. Interesting place for having a national reputation. A hole in the wall joint in a bad part of town. They just toss your ribs directly on a plastic cafeteria tray. But you should see the stuff hanging on the wall from people who have eaten there- including a couple of presidents.

                                      These guys had better start upping their beef order too. Best KC Steakhouses

                                      I've eaten at the Golden Ox & Hereford House (checking out the best steak joints in town is one of my avocations) and I'll attest to their quality.

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @hoorta said:

                                      😆 I've been to Arthur Bryant's- a long time ago. Interesting place for having a national reputation. A hole in the wall joint in a bad part of town. They just toss your ribs directly on a plastic cafeteria tray. But you should see the stuff hanging on the wall from people who have eaten there- including a couple of presidents.

                                      These guys had better start upping their beef order too. Best KC Steakhouses

                                      I've eaten at the Golden Ox & Hereford House (checking out the best steak joints in town is one of my avocations) and I'll attest to their quality.

                                      Well, you know it is not totally unlike Hot Sauce Williams here in Cleveland which has a great reputation for barbecue. Even Anthony Bourdain went there when he was in Cleveland.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                                        OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

                                        http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

                                        ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
                                        #19

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

                                        http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

                                        There you go....I have actually had Oklahoma Joe's ribs....good stuff.

                                        I still think Dreamland in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, Ala is better, but Joe's is pretty darn good.

                                        http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/

                                        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate