Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Uh Oh!

Uh Oh!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
5 Posts 4 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Thaak ThaakT
    • 1k Posts
    • 26 Reputation
    ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #1

    From PFT:

    Is the NFL ready for another Ryan as head coach?

    Rob Ryan hopes so, and he made it clear that he hopes to be considered for the Raiders job if Tom Cable is let go.

    "Hell, yeah, I'd have interest," Ryan told USA Today. "I haven't talked to Mr. Davis because he has a coach. Let's see what happens."

    The Browns defensive coordinator doesn't lack for confidence. No surprise there.

    "I will be a head coach in this league, and I will be damn successful, too. . . . There are a lot of good coaches out there, but there are only so many Ryans."

    The words are a small surprise because Ryan seemed eager to leave Oakland a year ago. But he reportedly didn't burn any bridges and even had kind words for JaMarcus Russell a few weeks back.

    He must really want that job.

    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • halfsane halfsaneH
      • 696 Posts
      • 49 Reputation
      halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Well, I hope he doesn't leave this soon, but you can't blame him.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ThaakT Thaak

        From PFT:

        Is the NFL ready for another Ryan as head coach?

        Rob Ryan hopes so, and he made it clear that he hopes to be considered for the Raiders job if Tom Cable is let go.

        "Hell, yeah, I'd have interest," Ryan told USA Today. "I haven't talked to Mr. Davis because he has a coach. Let's see what happens."

        The Browns defensive coordinator doesn't lack for confidence. No surprise there.

        "I will be a head coach in this league, and I will be damn successful, too. . . . There are a lot of good coaches out there, but there are only so many Ryans."

        The words are a small surprise because Ryan seemed eager to leave Oakland a year ago. But he reportedly didn't burn any bridges and even had kind words for JaMarcus Russell a few weeks back.

        He must really want that job.

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
        #3

        @thaak said:

        From PFT:

        Is the NFL ready for another Ryan as head coach?

        Rob Ryan hopes so, and he made it clear that he hopes to be considered for the Raiders job if Tom Cable is let go.

        "Hell, yeah, I'd have interest," Ryan told USA Today. "I haven't talked to Mr. Davis because he has a coach. Let's see what happens."

        The Browns defensive coordinator doesn't lack for confidence. No surprise there.

        "I will be a head coach in this league, and I will be damn successful, too. . . . There are a lot of good coaches out there, but there are only so many Ryans."

        The words are a small surprise because Ryan seemed eager to leave Oakland a year ago. But he reportedly didn't burn any bridges and even had kind words for JaMarcus Russell a few weeks back.

        He must really want that job.

        Wasn't he with the Raiders before coming here? And isn't this jumping the gun? Cable hasn't been fired, has he?

        ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The GipperT The Gipper

          @thaak said:

          From PFT:

          Is the NFL ready for another Ryan as head coach?

          Rob Ryan hopes so, and he made it clear that he hopes to be considered for the Raiders job if Tom Cable is let go.

          "Hell, yeah, I'd have interest," Ryan told USA Today. "I haven't talked to Mr. Davis because he has a coach. Let's see what happens."

          The Browns defensive coordinator doesn't lack for confidence. No surprise there.

          "I will be a head coach in this league, and I will be damn successful, too. . . . There are a lot of good coaches out there, but there are only so many Ryans."

          The words are a small surprise because Ryan seemed eager to leave Oakland a year ago. But he reportedly didn't burn any bridges and even had kind words for JaMarcus Russell a few weeks back.

          He must really want that job.

          Wasn't he with the Raiders before coming here? And isn't this jumping the gun? Cable hasn't been fired, has he?

          Thaak ThaakT
          • 1k Posts
          • 26 Reputation
          ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @the-gipper said:

          Wasn't he with the Raiders before coming here? And isn't this jumping the gun? Cable hasn't been fired, has he?

          Yes, he was D-coordinator over there. He left cause it was a mess. Actually I think Mangini wanted him when he started coaching the Jets, but the Raiders wouldn't let Ryan go.

          Ryan may also believe that this would be his best or rather quickest chance to be a Head Coach since Al Davis is insane (dementia?). Because many folks look at stats, I doubt his performance as D-Coordinator for the Raiders and Browns wouldn't endear him as a HC yet. He first needs a well performing unit (ok, stop with all the jokes.)

          Yes, it is perhaps jumping the gun, but Ryan was probably responding to a silly media question with the blunt candor he's known for.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Gips GipsG
            • 3k Posts
            • 34 Reputation
            GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
            #5

            Rob Ryan would make an excellent head coach he has that fire that gets players pumped and playin for him ,if cable gets canned i would hope he doesnt throw his career away by being the next one and out coach compliments of crazy al..i like him here..😉

            We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate