Skip to content

Falcons Fan here

The Browns Board
9 7 1.5k
  • If memory serves me you guys had a little bout with staph infections. Now there are whispers that trainer Marty Lauzon is now planning to become a member of my Falcons. Should we be worried? What can you guys tell me about this guy? Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill here or is there a reason he was pushed out.

    I come in peace by the way just trying to lay some fears to rest.

    thanks in advance and good luck in the upcoming draft and season

  • I don't think it had anything to do with him.

    I think Winslow picked it up and spread it all over....since he has been gone, we haven't had a problem.

  • I don't think it had anything to do with him.

    I think Winslow picked it up and spread it all over....since he has been gone, we haven't had a problem.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't think it had anything to do with him.

    I think Winslow picked it up and spread it all over....since he has been gone, we haven't had a problem.

    Actually peen...every team in the league has had at least one MRSA and in the 2008 season, one team had five (and it wasn't the Browns). The Browns get criticism and to a small degree it's not really fair since the prevalence is as high as it is. God forbid the players themselves should exercise hygienic practices.

  • I know it's a problem everywhere. We just had a few high profile problems.

    It had nothing to do with the teams trainers or facilities any more then it is a problem in any locker room anywhere.

  • one positive of a serious outbreak like we had is the new hygienic culture that was put in place might have long lasting, preventative effects.

    the bugs don't seem to be winning anymore.

  • There was some rumor the Berea facility wasn't very clean until Mangini came and saw to it.

  • There was some rumor the Berea facility wasn't very clean until Mangini came and saw to it.

    @peterbell said:

    There was some rumor the Bera facility was very clean until Mangini came and saw to it.

    I've never heard such rumors. Not to mention the infections took place while he was still in New York.

  • @peterbell said:

    There was some rumor the Bera facility was very clean until Mangini came and saw to it.

    I've never heard such rumors. Not to mention the infections took place while he was still in New York.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I've never heard such rumors. Not to mention the infections took place while he was still in New York.

    Sorry I meant was NOT clean until EM had renovated.

  • According to Roman Oben, Lauzon left the Browns because Mangini was making him stay late when he had an ill son at home.

    Roman Oben@R_Oben
    Mangini was making him stay late w/ an ill son RT @ProFootballTalk Former #Browns trainer going to Atlanta http://tinyurl.com/yefhog7 #NFL