my 4 round Mock draft
-
1st Round-
WR, Dez Bryant, Okie St
6'1 210 projected 40: 4.42
i know ill get killed for this BUT unless we get one in FA we need a #1 WR, Bryant has the Speed, Hands and route running to be a great #1 he's a smaller TO without being an attention whore and a locker room cancer.
Career Stats:
147 Catches
2425 Yards
29 TDs
and thats in 3 years where he missed 12 games (10 due to suspention) which is a whole season in its self
some say they want Haden but the reason i dont think we should go for Haden is because this is a very deep CBs and S class, and a few coaches have said Eric Wright is one of the best Cover Corners in the game so Haden maybe only a #2 guy getting but end up being one of the top paid CBs in the NFL as a rookie on top of it he might not even work out plus Francis looked great in Pre-Season wish we could have seen him in the regular season. some want McClain but IMO if we Bring Jackson back then where does he play? Bowens looked very good at ILB and unless the coaches want him to be on the bench thats likley where he plays next year with the emergence of Roth and in the limited time he got Miavia looked very good so the staff might wanna give him time to develop.
2nd Round-
CB Perrish Cox Okie St
6'1.5 190 Projected 40: 4.45
yes i know its the 2nd Round with an Okie st player but he has the Size and Speed to be very good the most catches he allowed in a game was 4, he finished the season with 4 Ints and 15 Breakups (most out of the projected top 10 CBs) he would come cheaper then a 1st round guy alot cheaper and is a great player also him and bryant can both return kicks and punts
3rd Round-
OG Mike Johnson Bama
6'6 305
great run blocker can play both G spots, very physical, rated the #2 G in the draft but last years #1 didnt go untill the 5th round and a G wasnt taken untill mid to late 3rd rounds last year very good chance he is still there and would be a huge upgrade at RG leaving Womack and hadnot to be very solid backups at the G spots should Steinbach or Johnson get hurt. Johnson can also play RT
3rd Round-
S Major Wright UF
6'1 205 Projected 40: 4.55
although he has a slow 40, he has polamalu type playing abillity very fast and quick to the ball his 40 makes him look slow but he has about 4.30 football speed and the kid is a monster hitter for someone his size just a ballhawk that entered a very deep draft class (would be a 1st rounder next year)
4th Round-
TE Andrew Quarles Penn St
6'5 250 Projected 40: 4.60
great athletic TE with very good hands and showed to be a good blocker he reminds me alot of antonio gates but Quarles has somewhat of a work ethic problem but some say he's turned that around
-
No need to get killed....it's just your opinion.
Bryant would be a good pick no doubt even though I wouldn't select him. Nor would I take a TE...I think we are pretty good there.
But again.....just one posters opinion.
I like the Johnson and Wright picks.
If I was going for a receiver, I take Freddie Barnes at the top of the 3rd....I doubt he will be there by the time the draft rolls around...his current 4th round grade...thereabouts...is sure to go through the roof....I think he gets picked in round 2...say mid to late round.
-
1st Round-
WR, Dez Bryant, Okie St
6'1 210 projected 40: 4.42
i know ill get killed for this BUT unless we get one in FA we need a #1 WR, Bryant has the Speed, Hands and route running to be a great #1 he's a smaller TO without being an attention whore and a locker room cancer.
Career Stats:
147 Catches
2425 Yards
29 TDs
and thats in 3 years where he missed 12 games (10 due to suspention) which is a whole season in its self
some say they want Haden but the reason i dont think we should go for Haden is because this is a very deep CBs and S class, and a few coaches have said Eric Wright is one of the best Cover Corners in the game so Haden maybe only a #2 guy getting but end up being one of the top paid CBs in the NFL as a rookie on top of it he might not even work out plus Francis looked great in Pre-Season wish we could have seen him in the regular season. some want McClain but IMO if we Bring Jackson back then where does he play? Bowens looked very good at ILB and unless the coaches want him to be on the bench thats likley where he plays next year with the emergence of Roth and in the limited time he got Miavia looked very good so the staff might wanna give him time to develop.
2nd Round-
CB Perrish Cox Okie St
6'1.5 190 Projected 40: 4.45
yes i know its the 2nd Round with an Okie st player but he has the Size and Speed to be very good the most catches he allowed in a game was 4, he finished the season with 4 Ints and 15 Breakups (most out of the projected top 10 CBs) he would come cheaper then a 1st round guy alot cheaper and is a great player also him and bryant can both return kicks and punts
3rd Round-
OG Mike Johnson Bama
6'6 305
great run blocker can play both G spots, very physical, rated the #2 G in the draft but last years #1 didnt go untill the 5th round and a G wasnt taken untill mid to late 3rd rounds last year very good chance he is still there and would be a huge upgrade at RG leaving Womack and hadnot to be very solid backups at the G spots should Steinbach or Johnson get hurt. Johnson can also play RT
3rd Round-
S Major Wright UF
6'1 205 Projected 40: 4.55
although he has a slow 40, he has polamalu type playing abillity very fast and quick to the ball his 40 makes him look slow but he has about 4.30 football speed and the kid is a monster hitter for someone his size just a ballhawk that entered a very deep draft class (would be a 1st rounder next year)
4th Round-
TE Andrew Quarles Penn St
6'5 250 Projected 40: 4.60
great athletic TE with very good hands and showed to be a good blocker he reminds me alot of antonio gates but Quarles has somewhat of a work ethic problem but some say he's turned that around
1st Round-
WR, Dez Bryant, Okie St
6'1 210 projected 40: 4.42
i know ill get killed for this BUT unless we get one in FA we need a #1 WR, Bryant has the Speed, Hands and route running to be a great #1 he's a smaller TO without being an attention whore and a locker room cancer.
Career Stats:
147 Catches
2425 Yards
29 TDs
and thats in 3 years where he missed 12 games (0 due to suspention) which is a whole season in its self
Thanks for the mock! I really like the OG Mike Johnson from Bama. We could also use some depth/help at TE so that was an interesting group you chose.
Hey, Dez Bryant is a talented football player so don't worry about crtics. My biggest caution to you would be a 1st rd WR going to a team without a decent QB in place isn't always the best place for him. I mean POOR Lee Evans - look at the nightmare he's been through in Buffalo. I've also read some discrepancies on Bryant's 40 time ranging all the way into the 4.6s so keep your eye on that when it's time to impress those scouts weighing 1st rd projections. FWIW, ho-hum forties never stopped Michael Irvin, Cris Carter Jerry Rice or Steve Largent from greatness.
- Tom F.
-
1st Round-
WR, Dez Bryant, Okie St
6'1 210 projected 40: 4.42
**********************************
This IS a nice pick. I didn't go with him, because it's also a draft with plenty of fine wr's in it. I wouldn't complain if
you're right about Bryant being the pick... Bryant is worth it. I just went with the #1 cb in the entire draft because
I really think Cox may very well not be there for us in the second round, and Haden is a flat out immediate starter shut down cb.
Well, that and getting one of the legit RT's in the draft.
2nd Round-
CB Perrish Cox Okie St
6'1.5 190 Projected 40: 4.45
*********************************
See above. If we go Bryant and Cox 1-2? I won't complain much, except I don't see a legit RT past round two.
If the Browns found a fine RT in FA, I'm fine with these two picks.
3rd Round-
OG Mike Johnson Bama
6'6 305
****************************
Johnson is a nice pick at OG, and maybe could be at RT in the NFL, but look at the pass rushers in our division...
he doesn't project as a LT because he has some problems in pass protection.
Let's see, who does that remind me of on the Browns... Shaffer at RT? His successor? Womack has filled in nicely,
temporarily, but I'd rather have him back at OG. I'd rather we nab a RT in the second round, to even be able to
switch over to left tackle as a backup if it's ever necessary, God forbid. Hopefully, Joe Thomas never gets the flu,
because we don't have a backup for him.
*****************************
3rd Round-
S Major Wright UF
6'1 205 Projected 40: 4.55
*******************************
If Wright is here, it's a nice pick. "They" say he's more like 6', and may lose a few lbs to get his
time to below his usual 40, which was mid 4.4's. I liked Kam, the killer hitter better, speed and size wise,
which means Alo found a lot of fault with it. I just think I'd want the safety to be able to knock Hines Ward out of bounds
from midfield. LOL
If Wright does get his combine 40 at 4.3-4.4, he may very well not be there
for the Browns' second third round pick and may go in the middle of round two. Who knows? Nobody ! GGG
-
Kam Chancellor looked great in the Shrine Game, Cal. I still think he's a safety/linebacker tweener who'd be better off bulking up to play LB, but he reportedly did enough this week to convince teams he could stick at safety. I'd probably take Major Wright over him.
Dez Bryant was excellent in '08, but I suspect he's more of a 4.5 guy. The Combine will be especially important for him, as he needs to dispel concerns about his character (he's been described as "very immature") and work ethic (Coach Gundy said back in September that Bryant needs to learn to play hard every down).
With big-bodied wideouts who dominated in college, you always worry about them fattening up and losing their explosiveness. Hopefully, Bryant will show up in good shape and quiet those concerns.
Perrish Cox is a great athlete and has good upside as a corner. However, character's an issue with him: he was arrested in August and suspended for the team's bowl game. Doesn't always play smart as well.
-
No need to get killed....it's just your opinion.
Bryant would be a good pick no doubt even though I wouldn't select him. Nor would I take a TE...I think we are pretty good there.
But again.....just one posters opinion.
I like the Johnson and Wright picks.
If I was going for a receiver, I take Freddie Barnes at the top of the 3rd....I doubt he will be there by the time the draft rolls around...his current 4th round grade...thereabouts...is sure to go through the roof....I think he gets picked in round 2...say mid to late round.
No need to get killed....it's just your opinion.
Bryant would be a good pick no doubt even though I wouldn't select him. Nor would I take a TE...I think we are pretty good there.
But again.....just one posters opinion.
I like the Johnson and Wright picks.
If I was going for a receiver, I take Freddie Barnes at the top of the 3rd....I doubt he will be there by the time the draft rolls around...his current 4th round grade...thereabouts...is sure to go through the roof....I think he gets picked in round 2...say mid to late round.
I like freddie barnes a lot and got to watch him play a few times this year as i do go to bg but i was watching the east west shrine game yesterday and mccshay said barnes wasnt even invited to the combine and is likely a late round to possible free agent so i wouldnt waste a third on him
-
No need to get killed....it's just your opinion.
Bryant would be a good pick no doubt even though I wouldn't select him. Nor would I take a TE...I think we are pretty good there.
But again.....just one posters opinion.
I like the Johnson and Wright picks.
If I was going for a receiver, I take Freddie Barnes at the top of the 3rd....I doubt he will be there by the time the draft rolls around...his current 4th round grade...thereabouts...is sure to go through the roof....I think he gets picked in round 2...say mid to late round.
I like freddie barnes a lot and got to watch him play a few times this year as i do go to bg but i was watching the east west shrine game yesterday and mccshay said barnes wasnt even invited to the combine and is likely a late round to possible free agent so i wouldnt waste a third on him
I like freddie barnes a lot and got to watch him play a few times this year as i do go to bg but i was watching the east west shrine game yesterday and mccshay said barnes wasnt even invited to the combine and is likely a late round to possible free agent so i wouldnt waste a third on him
Thanks for the info.....he wasn't invited to the combine???
-
1ST - Joe Haden CB (Florida)
2ND - Anthony Davis OT (Rutgers)
3RD- Dan LeFevour QB (Central Michian)
3RD- Reshad Jones S (Florida)
4TH- Jon Asamoah OG (Illinois)
Well, there is my top prospects for the browns in the first 4 rounds. I can only hope.
-
Anthony Davis is apparently, per Alo, I think, on his way to being a high first round pick.
My hunch is, in the first 3 rounds, the Browns draft a RT.
-
Anthony Davis is apparently, per Alo, I think, on his way to being a high first round pick.
My hunch is, in the first 3 rounds, the Browns draft a RT.
-
Here is mine
1st -Olando McClain LB 6' 4" 248 playing inside. We need a Ray Lewis type to get after the QB and strike fear into a running back that tries to cut inside.
2nd- Patrick Robinson DB 5' 11" 194 Can be an eite DB, has blazing fast speed.
3rd- Ciron Black OT 6' 5" 320, Has massive potential.
3rd- Dan LeFevour QB 6'3" 226, This guy will be stellar in 2 years, he will need groomed though
4th- Harry Coleman S 6' 2" 205, He is a pretty good run stuffer in the SEC and will be able adjust to the NFL very well.
Im going to give a few more picks, becuase im bored.
5th- Freddie Barnes WR 6' 2" 212
5th- Chalres Scott RB 5' 11" 228
5th- Eric Olsen OG 6' 5" 300
6th- Daryll Clark QB 6' 2" 232 or Tim Hiller QB 6'4" 234
7th- Doug Worthington DE 6' 7" 271
Also, I would give LeGarrette Blount a shot as a Non draft FreeAgent if he is available.
That is all.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login