Let me start by saying I'm new to the board. Browns fan as long as I can remember and living in the Steel City. I have enjoyed reading some posts on this board and laughed out loud at others. Unfortunately all I hear these days is Pittsburgh media..as much as I hate to admit, for the most part they know their football. Unlike parrot nosed Grossi, some Pittsburgh sports reporters are actually intelligent. Here are some of my biggest issues with the state of this team/fanbase/media:
1. Team - culture (without a doubt). We dont have one. haven't in the last decade. Until we determine who we're going to be and dedicate the time to build it, things will never change. I like Mangina because he's the first that I can remember that has addressed team culture. Cower made this point prior to the game/during halftime on sunday....no culture. I like what I see with Mangina and Ryan. With a few more playmakers we might be respectable on D. Offense still has no direction, this issue needs to be addressed in offseason.
2. Fanbase/media - too quick to judge and often miss the mark. Fans/media calling for Magini's head, Anderson vs Quinn arguments, are all Retarded. Hate to break it but the HC and QB are not at the core of our problems. We have the same problem on the field as I have with my golf game. LOFT. Lack Of F***in Talent (RB, secondary, LB, ROG, ROT, TE, WR).
Dawson kick off OB, no big deal. Poteat gets a free ride for a bone headed pass interference on the last play? Rogers (who had his helmet off and was late getting down the field after the penalty - leading impart to the timeout) gets a free pass. This team sucks and we need playmakers with intelligence, yes hard to come by but they are out there. Give someone sime time to find them.
Choose to blame the first year HC or the QB (who ever it may be) but realize the players on the field who did not execute cost us this one.
Give someone a chance to build a team, develop a culture, draft some playmakers and then worry about plugging qb in to lead the team.