Going to address a couple posts in this thread at once here..
Drafts don't need to be flashy to be good. The Browns didn't see a pick at 5 that they thought would be worth the money involved, so they traded down a couple times and added more picks to provide depth. Good move. They picked the best center in the draft (probably the best center that's come out of college football since Nick Mangold). Teams should be built from the inside out. What have Kokinis and Mangini done? They drafted what looks like a great center to solidify the center (or guard) position for years to come. The offensive line looks like it will be very good. On defense, they added a very solid 3-4 DE in Kenyon Coleman. He'll either start, or share time. I think he'll start. That gives them good depth and a pretty good rotation of 3-4 ends. The defensive line should be solid, at worst.
Off the lines now.. WR was probably the biggest position of need. They're apparently keeping Braylon, who is a #1 when he catches the ball. I'm hopeful that he will in a contract year. They signed two guys who should compete for #2 eventually, although I think Robiskie gets it right away. He's technically sound. I think he would fit better opposite a burner, but he'll be a very good possession guy. Massaquoi is a very good blocker, he's big, and he can jump. Good red zone threat, solid third WR. He needs to work on his drops. They added a RB for depth in James Davis, a guy who is thick and is a good cutback guy. He racked up a lot of yardage and scores at Clemson, despite Clemson having a terrible offensive line. With a good line, I think he could be good as a backup, but likely a third RB.
In the secondary, the new regime added a starter in Abram Elam and a whole lot of depth. The corners are still a question mark IMO, but if they progress they should be decent.. nothing spectacular in the secondary, but it certainly won't be worse. Elam makes them better, Wright is solid, McDonald can be solid. Corey Ivy is a very good depth player, Poteat I'm not too sure about.
I will admit that I was hoping for a little more at the LB position in the offseason. Eric Barton is a good addition and led the Jets in tackles last year if I'm not mistaken. He's not a pass-rusher, which is still a big need, but is a good tackler. Upgrade. Veikune prefers the OLB position, but will probably be a backup this year. He has good potential. Wimbley obviously needs to step up, and he'll have the opportunity with the upgrades made on the defensive line. Inside linebacker is still a question mark.. and the biggest need on defense.
I'm not a Browns homer, not even a huge fan, but I like what they're doing. They're building solid depth at all positions and will address the game-breakers when they have good depth. Sorry for the long-winded post. Some people need to think about what's going on instead of assuming that since the Browns didn't get a big name that they're failing. A lackluster season was coming no matter what they drafted or signed, so it's good to see that they're building for the future instead of unrealistically trying to win now. If you expected playoffs this year, you need to watch more football.
EDIT: I got a position/player mixed up.. I thought Barton was an OLB when I made this. He's not. So that means the Browns did better in the draft/FA than I originally thought. I thought ILB was a question mark when it was addressed with the signing of Barton.