I don't know where the taking plays off criticism comes from, but I watched almost every OSU game last year and I regularly saw Ogbah chasing WRs, RBs, and TEs down after the lbs and DBs whiffed on tackles. That defense wasn't very good. Other than Peterson and Lampkin he had nothing around him. If you watch their games you will see a few games where he just dominates the competition.Do you want fair criticism? He's a body beautiful DE who questionably fits a 3-4, takes more than his fair share of plays off, and has a rather poor work ethic. He's purely a project player - much like our first round pick.
For a team that is supposedly revolutionizing the way their front office works, they are basically repeating the same garbage past regimes have done.
On their own, not terrible picks. But with what was currently on the board, very questionable draft board management. And IF those guys were truly at the top of their board, then that speaks to the fact that this scouting department is rating pure athleticism over anything else.
But because nobody can shit talk the Browns without being some type of "moron" - this will get diluted down to "fucking pussy boo hoo".
Edit: I'm a Lions fan and I would of been happy if Lions picked him at 16. If Browns use him as a 4-3 DE he'll play well. He never played in coverage or out of a two point stance in College however.
241att 937yrds 3.9ypc 11td 24rec 228yrds 0tds