Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
57BelAir5

57BelAir

@57BelAir
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
7
Topics
0
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Another Reason I Like Colt
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    nothing to add but two thumbs up


  • The Coaching Staff's Handling of Colt McCoy
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    A

    I agree with the tact of not specifically naming him as a starter -- so far -- as a way of keeping that factor of pressure off the situation.


  • Hillis on Rome
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    'preciate it. after being up late working, great treat to listen in on that.


  • Early thoughts on offensive rookie of the year?
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    @longhorn said:

    I just browsed thru nfl.com .....

    A browse on ESPN brings up a 1-to-10 ranking by Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc., for Nov. 17.

    Previously Not Ranked (NR) is McCoy at No. 5, with the headline featuring him.

    Rookie Watch: Colt McCoy keeping up (ESPN)

    For this week, from 1 to 5 (showing draft pick)

    Bradford (1)

    Bryant (24)

    Williams (101)

    Suh (2)

    McCoy (85)

    Far as I know, Colt's had the least playing time, and, of course, wasn't even expected to play at all.

    Additionally, Bradford's Rams have not won a road game. Needing to win on the road is mentioned in that piece.

    The remaining games for St. Louis have 4 of the 7 on the road.

    If Colt stays at the helm the rest of the way and Browns win the majority of those, including tough road games, it will begin to show something special.

    Colt started on the road. Won on the road (Saints).

    At the time of the games, each opponent had 6 wins.

    Colt may have played against the combined best record of any 4 opponents anyone has played in a 4-game stretch.

    All those opponents rank in the top 10 defenses (I haven't the data in front of me, so think that is correct).

    I think among the opposing starting QBs, there were 6 Super Bowl rings.

    For one month of play -- four games -- McCoy has done well as a rookie. Guess that's rather obvious.

    I'm ready for Sunday.

    Oh, saw this... in a power ranking (ESPN page), Browns at 22. The note beside said (to this effect) the team no contender wants to play the rest of the season.


  • Anatomy of A Play
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    Glad to see such a post. I had just been thinking that I'd like to learn the mechanics of the modern NFL game, so to better appreciate what IS happening and then later what HAD happened, in replaying the game.

    I had also been thinking for a long time now, that the public is exposed to all kinds of X's and O'x talk during the game and afterwards (ESPN), but where does a novice to the game learn the complete vocabulary of the game and a fine understanding of how both sides of the ball are playing -- to a man -- on any given play?

    Does a Madden-type game on XBox deliver that level of demonstration, including FB 'speak' and vocabulary?

    Without this knowledge, even listening to post-game pressers is--for me--like listening to an explanation of how the experiment went at the Large Hadron Collider.


  • NFL Replay
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    Worthy game for many reasons in spite of the way it ended. I'm putting it on DVR to watch a different replay than what I saved for the game itself.


  • Browns fans pack local church to hear from Colt McCoy
    57BelAir5 57BelAir
    The Browns Board

    @earl34 said:

    I get the feeling that you won't be finding him in a college bar asking "bitches" to "take [his] shots".

    A model citizen that Cleveland can be proud of on and off the field.

    There was one game here in Austin, maybe his junior year, where he got beat up pretty bad in a game (I think it was a night game up in Lawrence, KS where he took a neck stinger) and he and his roommate friend Jordan Shipley still made it to Church the following morning. And then the story up in the Dallas area, in the off season, where he and his dad were fishing at dark, and heard a cry across the small lake. Because of time to get around the lake, Colt swam over and assisted a man on a pier who'd had a heart attack, while help was on the way. May sound like a tall tale, but is true. In this third round pick, as they say in the country, Cleveland got a "good'un". He's a winner on and off the field. And the more I get to know the Browns players and staff, Colt could not have gone to a finer organization and community. I'm more than happy for all of Cleveland.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate