acidhead
Posts
-
***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread*** -
Harrison released by steelers.Hell, the Browns would improve their roster if they signed Bart Starr and Franco Harris.
-
Survey WednesdayHere is This week's survey. Give your thoughts/opinions:
1. On a scale of 1-10 rate Hue Jackson's performance so far as HC of the Browns. D+
2. The next 4 games on the Browns schedule are the Colts, Bengals, Jets, and Texans. How many do they win? 2
3. Corey Coleman is out...again...with a broken hand. What, if any, bones have you ever broken? Toe
4. A. Who is the best looking rookie QB you have ever seen on any team. Ben Roethlisberger 13-0 B. Same for the Browns Tim Couch
5.A. Who was the most overmatched rookie QB you have ever seen on any team. Troy Aikman 0-11 B. Same for the Browns Which year are we talking about?
-
Garrett Hurt Already -
Browns 2.5 pt Road FavoritesBrowns are 2.5 pt road favorites at Indy...Colts must really be playing like dolts.
-
Next four gamesColts, Jets, Bengals, Texans
How many will we win? They're all winnable.
Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast.
All four are winnable if the self-inflicted wounds are kept to a minimum, but after that the schedule is brutal. However, I think that one more win after mid-season is possible if they gain some momentum and confidence with a string of wins.
-
This Week in the AFC North... Revised,Balance of the Division EditionYup. Red rifle more like water gun. That throw on 4th down was to who exactly? Haha.
It looks like the Bungles are once again the Bungles. Not many QB's have the wits to throw the ball away on 4th down to avoid the INT. Marvin Lewis' picture is in the dictionary under "Deer-in-the-headlights."
-
Ghoolie Verses Hoorta - The stage is setOK Larry, unless I am mistaken, this should be a great year for us to once again reprise the are OL fatasses a dime-a-dozen, or are they hard-to-come-by athletes who determine if a QB is successful or not?
FIRST
If I understand you correctly, your feelings are that with the loss of veteran Linemen, the Bengals offense, especially Andy Dalton is going to suffer, and be far less effective. I honestly don't follow OL at all. I seriously have ADD on this topic based on my knowledge that the individual players are all interchangeable.
Fun thing to watch #1 - I believe the Bengals will have a more explosive offense in 2017 than they did in 2016, and may be unstoppable. They added pizazz at RB and WR, which are far, far more important than some 300 pound, clumsy fatasses.
However.........if OL men are as important as you say, then the Bengals O should struggle.
SECONDLY
According to most here the Browns have assembled a great OL, and by your philosophy should translate into a remarkably better offense. This end of it is a little harder to quantify because we probably will have a better starter in Ass-Oiler than we did with RG3 and Kessler. Kizer potentially coming in has a tremendous upside, so the Browns OL performance may have very little to do with an improved offense by way of a better QB.
This is the hard thing about football analyses. There are too man variables sometime to really get a cause-and-effect picture. I think in Cincy though, you are out on a limb. They lost integral OL, and by your measure the offense is going to struggle. I don't believe they will miss the fatasses, and I think their O will be improved.
Let's see who is right.
Whelp, the evidence seems to be rolling in.
Cincinnasty may be taking the place of the J-e-t-s as the weekly stooge in my survivor pool, at least during bye weeks.
-
***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***@boo-fagley said:
The scoreboard says that Browns lost by 3.
Would you be happy if they lost by 21?
Just pointing out that scoreboard is scoreboard, a loss is a loss. Browns looked better than last year for sure, but need to convert to wins.
-
***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***@boo-fagley said:
The 7 sacks are misleading. They did a decent job vs the run I suppose because they were daring Kizer to throw.
Steelers fans should be concerned about their defense.
Sure. Pay no mind to the stats or scoreboard...brilliant take.
-
***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***I see a shift in the AFCN:
Steelers 11 wins & div
Ravens 9 wins poss. wildcard
Browns 7 wins on upswing
Bungles 4 wins and cellar dwellers for years to come
-
***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***Moral victory? I see improvement.
-
Hue "irate" with Haden cut -
This Is Steeler Week - At Homebrunch in PA:
You know that the term "Cleveland Steamer" is actually in the dictionary.
-
This Is Steeler Week - At HomeI don't buy into all these people predicting a huge Pit blow out. The first reason is that these games are usually pretty close and second is that I don't think they are that good this year. In fact, I think Balt is the team to beat. Guess we will see how it plays out tho.
And I thought I did too many drugs.
-
Calvin Pryor being released -
Calvin Pryor being releasedGreat week of preparation for the Steelers
-
Browns/Steelers Trivia2. Five (5) Quarterbacks who have started a Super Bowl at one time have also played for the Steelers. Name all 5.
Len Dawson, Earl Morrall, Terry Bradshaw, David Woodley, Ben Roethlisberger.
Pgh sure didn't do much with Dawson or Morrall when they had them. Also had John Unitas and cut him, true story. Had three really good QBs all in a short span of time. Jack Kemp too.
Bonus: Explain why Pittsburgh sucks
They beat the Browns with regularity.
I did not have Woodley...but, I see he DID play for the Steelers....OK, make that 6. I also did not include Unitas..though I don't think he ever actually started a regular season game for the Steelers, did he? So he would not actually count. There is another that has not been named. Morrall was the surprise for me.
Let us not forget Neil O'Donnell...MVP for the Cowboys in SB XXX
-
Tackling Big Gay BenBig Ben does have a hell of a talent for keeping a play going.
Lotsa sacks though. At least 40 three years in a row.
Maybe the browns can add to the sack total with the new faces that have been added on defense.
the clowns have no sack to offer!

-
Kiper's 4 Round Mockhappy talk...they'l blow it again.


