Drafting Tannehill or Claiborne at 4
Drafting Weeden earlier than the 4th round
Not getting a difference maker at RB WR and RT
Drafting Tannehill or Claiborne at 4
Drafting Weeden earlier than the 4th round
Not getting a difference maker at RB WR and RT
Do we need this thread? Really...I mean turn on Sportscenter
Free Agency, I'm hoping we get an OLB and RT and possibly a veteran WR (though there aren't many left), and even maybe a decent depth player at CB, DT, and//or OG. Also, we will need to get a safety if Adams signs elswhere; eventhough I think Young and Hagg can take over for him, but we will need somebody to back up Ward.
All-in-all - we really only need to use FA for either OLB or RT at this point. Our roster right now is very young, so hopefully we can develop some of the other areas of concern w/ guys on the roster.
Draft, just a thought. Trade down to Jax and let them get Blackmon, then trade up for Hill. We get 2 playmakers and an extra 4th rounder. Plus, after watching even more film of the QBs in this draft, I think Cousins is the 3rd best (reminds me of Dalton). Let another team take Tannehill, but we should go after Cousins to compete with McCoy.
1a: traded #4 to #7 (Jax) for 3rd & 4th
1b: #7 – (from Jax) Trent Richardson RB
1c: #18 – (from SD) Stephen Hill WR
1c: #22 – (from ATL) traded and #71, to SD
2: #37 – Kirk Cousins QB
3: #68 – Bobbie Massie OT
3b: #71 – (from Jax) traded to SD for #18
4a:#100 – DeQuan Menzie CB
4b: #101 – (from Jax) – Vontaze Burfict ILB
4c: #118 – Jaye Howard DT
5 #131 – Terrell Manning OLB
5b: #138 – (from KC) - Jamie Blatnick – DE
6: #165 – traded to KC for # 138
7: #199 – traded to KC for # 138
BTW - I will be changing my profile name immediately
Thanks
Tommy Streeter - WR - Miami - fast as hell and huge. 6'5" 219lbs 4.4 40 time (2nd or 3rd round)
Chris Givens - WR - Wake Forest - blazing speed and 1330 yds & 9 TDs last season as a junior. (3rd or 4th round)
Don Barclay - OT - West Virginia - 3 yr starter at LT. (Solid 5th rounder)
Ronald Leary - OT - Memphis - 4 yr starter, 3 at LT (solid 4th rounder)
Trevin Wade - CB - Arizona - played tough all season. Strong, good vertical. 4.5 40 will keep him at day 3, but may become a good nickel corner
Jamie Blatnick - DE - Oklahoma State - 6'3" 265, 4.8 40, 13.5 TFL and 8 sacks in 2011. (4th or 5th rounder)
Julian Miller - DE - West Virginia - 11 TFL and 6 sacks in 2011. Good mix of size and speed, stats are skewed b/c he played all different line positions throughout the season. (4th rounder)
Kirk Cousins - QB - Michigan State - IMHO the 3rd best QB in this draft... but that's just my opinion. Love to have him in the 2nd.
All these guys could be starters right away for most teams
There are a bunch of RTs available in FA and the draft that are wayyy more serviceable than Pashos
Nothing personal, just business...pal
Where was the vote for trading down?
Draft Tannehill and Steven Hill in the first, and pick up an extra 2nd... possibility?
Maybe Mike Adams and a LB or CB in the 2nd
I'm really into Tommy Streeter as well
Just finished watching some tape on Tannehill... he's Good. I'm starting to think we may trade down from #4 to get some picks and get our QB. Tannehill is incredibly athletic, physiclaly built like a QB, and can make ALMOST all the throws. He struggles throwing the deep ball, but he's only played QB for one full season, so this can be fixed.
This guys is looking more and more like a top 15 pick, and I wouldn't mind havin him in Cleveland
Take Biermann off the list, he re-signed with Atlanta yesterday,
But maybe we should look at Kareem McKenzie, as a short-term replacement at RT. He was just released by the Giants.
Jeez, teams are getting smart and re-signing all their good players and dumping all the garbage... what's with that???
And...
I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but what's going to happen with Hillis? Do you guys really think it's a good idea to let him test the market? He's a starting running back with incredible power, and soft hands out of the backfield, in his prime... I gotta think some team is going to want him, leaving us with a HUGE hole to fill... literally
I would almost bet that New England will give up their 1st rounder for Mike Wallace. It was stupid of the Steelers to not try harder to re-sign him, but they are having some serious money problems... which is finally good news for us; however, Wallace in New England with Brady is just scary
Some more names...
OT
Anthony Collins - Cincinnati - age 26
King Dunlap - Philadelphia - age 26
Neither are great, but could start at RT for us
DE
Kroy Biermann - Atlanta - age 26
Jeremy Mincey - Jacksonville - age 28... highly doubtful he leaves
Mario Williams - Houston - age 27... I wish
William Hayes - Tennessee - age 27
I'd probably rather have a 2nd to 4th rounder. A lot of talent at this position in this year's draft
OLB
Rocky McIntosh - Washington - age 29... love the name. would fit 4-3
RB
Mike Tolbert - San Diego - age 26
Tim Hightower - Washington - age 26... recently injured
Kahlil Bell - Chicago - age 25
All would fit well in WCO, but don't have experience w/ it (other than Hightower in AZ), and could be suitable replacements for Hillis if he decides to leave; however, I still take Hillis over all 3 of these guys.
Seriously????
He's better than any of our current WRs. We can't just expect to draft a #1, we need to take a look at this guy.
However,
I agree that he doesn't deserve #1 WR money, but DAMN... we need to look into this guy and make an offer. Along with a few other FA WRs
THIS IS NOT A DRAFT TALK THREAD... THERE ARE ENOUGH OF THOSE!!!
With free agency beginning a week from today, I thought it would be nice to look at the Browns possible plans and what we could see them doing in free agency this offseason.
I know, for many, last season was a disappointment as far as FA went, but I believe this year will be different, in some ways, but similar in others.
I don't think the Browns will add too many FAs, but they NEED to fill some holes. Here are some ideas:
QB
Matt Flynn - The Browns will certainly put their feelers out and talk to this guy. He has everything we need at QB, but I don't see us paying a ridiculous price for him.
Peyton Manning - Holmgren will want to talk to him, but it's highly doubtful he ends up with us
RB
Peyton Hillis - I think he ends up a Brown when it's all said and done
WR
Pierre Garcon - Has the speed we need, and we should certainly push for him
Mario Manningham - Probably won't want to come to Cleveland, but maybe his hometown roots pull him back to Ohio
Robert Meachem - I heard the Saints are talking to Randy Moss. They must belivev that Meachem and/or Colston will be gone. He has never lived up to expectations, but still an upgrade in our WR corps
OL
I don't really care who they sign, but I think they really should address the RT position in FA. It would be a shame to spend a high pick, especially if we trade our #22, on another tackle. I also wouldn't mind getting some depth at the G position so our two young guys aren't the only two battling for the RG position. They don't need to break the bank to get a top name OT, but they really need to get starter-quality via FA.
DE
Not too many guys out there. I think Jayme Mitchell will be released this year, add in Bernard and this position could be addressed in the first 4 rounds of the draft.
OLB
Phillip Wheeler - Skilled 4-3 OLB who is good at stopping the run. It would be nice to pick this guy off of Indy's team while they're over-focused on the Manning situation
Any thoughts, or other ideas?
Some FAs I'd be looking at if I was in the FO:(in this order)
1) Philip Wheeler - OLB - IND - 6'2, 240lbs... good against the run, much needed
2) Pierre Garcon - WR - IND - 6', 210lbs... fast, could be #1 (drops quite a few passes)
3) King Dunlap - OT - PHI - 6'9", 330lbs... some health concerns, knows WCO system, knows RT
4) Kroy Biermann - DE - ATL - 6'3", 255lbs... quick, improving against run (small, gets pushed around)
5) Steve Slaton - RB - MIA - 5'9", 209lbs... lightning speed and quickness (small)
6) Mario Manningham - WR - NYG - 6', 185lbs... possible #1, not as explosive as Garcon
7) William Gay - CB - PIT - 5'10", 190lbs... possible depth behind Brown and Skrine, has experience as starter
Nothing groundbreaking here, but these guys are all good, younger veterans who could improve positions of need. Some of these positions will be filled by draft picks, but we could definetly use some FA help by getting at least 3 of these guys, or better...
Plus, I would love to see us re-sign these guys:
Hillis, Adams, Jackson, Dawson, Patterson, Norwood
I still say re-sign Hillis and draft Richardson... listen to yourselves
"We're set at RB if we resign Hillis..." really?
Hillis missed half of the season
Hardesty is consistently injured and hasn't performed all that well when healthy
Jackson missed all of last year
Oh but wait... Obaganayayanaa............ that's our answer?????
Newsflash**
Luck and Blackmon will probably be gone by our pick. Unless you are sold on RGIII, there is nobody else worth taking other than Richardson. We NEED NEED NEED the best offensive weapon we can get. Passing on this kid would be stupid, especially if your argument is that we are "set at RB"
Give me a break...
I would love, love, love to see the Browns...
Re-sign : DQwell Jackson and Peyton Hillis
Sign : Mario Williams, Matt Flynn, and Mario Manningham
Call me crazy, but that is some talent right there and is certainly possible... Williams I see as the most unrealistic signing of the bunch
Starting to like the idea of re-signing Hillis, and drafting Richardson...
Would make for a nice ground and pound offense w/ a strong defense that could produce, similar to the 49ers (minus some on D)
Also, would take pressure off of our QB, whether it is McCoy or somebody else
Picking up Flynn this offseason would be a great move for the Browns... Him and McCoy can battle it out this year, one of them has to be good enough to be our guy
Keep in mind that the Browns "points allowed" is hugely impacted by the fact that the opposing team doesn't have to score much to beat them. When you can play "ball control" offense from the opening kick-off and still beat the opponent, there is no need to play aggressive.
While there is truth to that... you have to give our young defense some credit. They aren't ranked that high ONLY because the poor offense and poor run defense. They have had a few nice goaline stands that kept points off the board, and have made some nice stops in key situations. Unfortunately, they have also given up big plays at big times. But they do deserve some credit for easily outshining the offense the entire season
"If we'd just snap the damn ball and catch some passes, we'd be 7-6."
Smartest thing I've heard about the Browns season so far came from the Czar himself. You can all blame the FO, the coaching, etc... but in all honesty it's been the poor execution of the players that has held these guys back from having a winning record right now.
Once they add some talent and have a whole offseason to actually do some coaching, I see a lot of upside in this regime. It would just be crazy to cut the head off now and restart. And, with who???????
mikeyP72 said:
Mangini gets canned with 5-11 and improvement..
What's Murmur get with a shitty 5-11 with an easier schedule?
Praised.
Is it just me or is nobody on this board going to give Shurmur ANY credit for some of the adjustments he has had to make this year...AS A ROOKIE HC... I think he deserves as much leway as a rookie QB or any rookie player for that matter. His adjustments going into the last game against JAX are praiseworthy. Let's see what he does the rest of the year with devastating injuries on O and D against some fierce competetion.
Sticking with Luvao and Pinkston was a good decision, as they are seeming to get better each week...
Getting McCoy to throw downfield against JAX...
Sticking to the running game, despite being down to your 4th string RB...
Letting Norwood get involved and show his RAC ability...
Cutting Robiskie...
You'll never convince me that his coaching game-plan hasn't gotten better each week. Give him time to develop as a coach. My fear is that many ignorant fans in Cleveland will be too busy calling for his head to give him a chance, but what do I know???