1. In much the same vein as Styx, Journey. Really, all that '70's arena rock is just cheesey as hell.
2. All hair metal. All of those bands sound the same and they are all god awful.
3. This:
1. In much the same vein as Styx, Journey. Really, all that '70's arena rock is just cheesey as hell.
2. All hair metal. All of those bands sound the same and they are all god awful.
3. This:
ive seen about 45 shows, sating back to '95.....and sorry to say....they're not at the top of their game...not even close.at least trey wasn't so wasted he forgot half his lyrics, but they still can't get thru YEM without xxxxing it up.
maybe after another year or 2 and they tighten up a bit, i'll go again.
FWIW, even some of the folks that were hating on this tour thought the Gorge show was tits. From what I've heard from this tour, there was clear improvement from beginning to end, so I'd expect them to be back on top of it by next summer or so. I have some friends that are gonna be at their Halloween festival, and I expect that to be better than anything from summer tour.
Also, while there were some rumors floating around about a fall tour, the speculation now is for a NYE run, and a Spring European tour. I'd also expect a summer or fall tour next year. As I mentioned in another highly derailed thread, I heard a rumor that Phish is working on booking 2 nights at Legend Valley (about 25 minutes east of C-bus). Actually, I know for a fact that LiveNation contacted Legend Valley about it, but they are just talking at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it gets worked out.