Yeah I'm just gonna stop responding to this thread because at this point it's a huge waste of time. I've had ZERO issues with the others team I'm investigating (I've posted my survey on fan forums for all the teams I'm looking at). This could just be because I'm a Ravens fan, or it could be because you all are just stubborn old men who won't take 30 seconds out of their day to help someone out (like seriously you won't die by filling out a survey that you deem to not be 100% accurate). I've stated my reasons for the Browns 2018-2020 "rebrand" numerous times, so if any of you want to take the time to read the whole thread, be my guest. I'm not even going to give any of you the satisfaction of saying you "broke me down" or "defeated me" because you honestly didn't. I've never really had any negative views towards the Dawg Pound, but this whole discussion has really showed the true colors of the Browns faithful. I guess one positive that come out of this is that you guys truly do represent your team because just like a "dawg" once you bite, you don't ever let go. Good bye to you all.
Apereg11
Posts
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research Project -
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectI think you missed the entire point, and I am trying to help you.
Now 1st, I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you are who you say you are. And as such, you shouldn't be spoken to like a few have. Of course I do have a different view of kids that aren't mine as I have coached a long time. But, it also does seem a bit strange that you happen to do this on a week that the Browns and Ravens play. So that is why you are getting some push back from others.
Now on to what you have said, you will certainly get some negative feedback for saying it is a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore. That is just completely inaccurate. Everything STAYED in Cleveland aside from the current individuals in the organization.
I used Jacksonville for a specific reason. They couldn't be considered a rebranding (as you described) because their 1 good year was an outlier.
And I have no idea how you can use what you said in this post as evidence. In 2018 (if you are using Bakers 1st year) they did not have a new coaching staff. If you are meaning after the 2018 season when there was hope that Browns had turned a corner, they certainly didn't have a reputable staff, as they had 2 head coaches last year, and NEITHER are on the staff.
Now I am certainly not in your class or your teacher, but your idea/definition of a rebrand is so off that I don't think that anyone will be able to follow including your teacher the way you are describing it. But let's use a few different things instead of football to show how this is coming off to an outsider. Lets use Basketball 1st. So in your description of a rebrand, the Golden State Warriors have went through 3 rebrand in the last 10 years. Pre Durant, With Durant, Post Durant. Or lets use a company, say Mountain Dew, when they add/remove a new flavor or change a top executive is that rebranding?
Thank you again for the constructive criticism, and trust me I wouldn't lie about being a high schooler because of all things that puts a larger target on my back. As I mentioned in my first response in this thread, my definition of a rebrand is more of a mentality change surrounding the organization. I didn't pull this definition out of my ass. I have been researching marketing in sports for the past three months and the identity of a team is what people tend to consider most when choosing their fandom. In my survey it mentions only the hiring of Stefanski as part of the rebrand, not the Freddie Kitchens disaster. With my definition of a rebrand, the Warriors wouldn't be considered a rebranded team over the past ten years because their identity as being a title contender hasn't changed (besides last year, but that was because of uncontrollable injuries). Mountain Dew adding a new flavor would also not be considered a rebrand with my definition because the company has the same identity in the public's eyes.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectJust look at this as a bunch of old men yelling, "Hey kid, get off my damn lawn!"?
Smile and keep working hard in school.?
Also shout out to this guy
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research Project1. "perennial losers"
Coming a ratbird fan, this is smack, and deserves to be treated as such.
***************************************************************************
2. "recently rebranded"
"Often, this involves radical changes to a brand's logo, name, legal names, image, marketing strategy, and advertising themes. Such changes typically aim to reposition the brand/company, occasionally to distance itself from negative connotations of the previous branding, or to move the brand upmarket; they may also communicate a new message a new board of directors wishes to communicate."
We KEPT our logo, we KEPT our name, we KEPT our history. and marketing and advertising isn't all that different across the NFL I don't think. Don't misuse words, that is what I think. It helps dramatically in communication with other people.
***************************************************************************
So, you're a senior, cool. You aren't a child then. Don't use the "child" victim card.
When you graduate, here's my advice, btw, don't go to Ft. Lauderdale - we decided to go take a two week trip to central Ontario, to the end of the highway, to the end of a 6 mile jeep trail, and camped for two weeks on the other side of a remote wilderness lake. You can talk about it in your later years, and be very proud you didn't get in trouble partying in Florida.
See, this is the real criticism I can actually take. Thank you for not insulting me just because I'm not a Browns fan, and I'll make sure to go nowhere near Fort Lauderdale.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research Projectyes, you are childish and insulting. In the past, we've met a few ratbird fans at a tailgate - a few years ago - and they
were great guys.
You, not so much. I kick squealer and ratbird players off my fantasy football teams, if the computer picked them for me when I was out of town, don't care about your survey...but don't you have 9th grade homework to do?
Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectZombo said:
It won't be a "good one" for you, you little history-denying Ratbird Bastard, I hope no one else fills out your gay survey.
Z
Do you feel accomplished for attacking a child? At least the rest of the people here have the dignity to correct me with facts and offer suggestions for my survey. I don't understand how an adult can feel dignified by saying that.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectYou see young man, like I said before, YOU are the one who changed your criteria. You 1st just went with your statement of rebranding. And as you said, that for your purposes can be defined by you.
But then you went to calling the Browns perennial losers. If you had simply quantified that as being from the resumption in 1999 then you would not have gotten the responses you did. But when YOU entered into data the 80s, then you open that up to the entire history.
So would you quantify an organization with 8 titles as a perennial loser? Now, if I were you, you better hope that your teacher doesn't have the knowledge or does the research to quantify what a perennial loser is. Because then you would be starting on a false premise.
And speaking of, wouldn't your premise of a rebranding be a bit premature anyway? Because just a couple years ago by your original thought would have been bestowed upon the Jaguars. And look at them now.
I'll be a man here and admit I was wrong. I shouldn't have included the 80's playoff loses in my original explanation. I understand that the rebooted Browns of '99 are a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore in '96. I also want all of you to know that I'm not including the background of each team in my synthesis paper, so your beloved Browns reputation won't be tarnished.
I should have also mentioned that with my definition of a rebrand, I view the 2014 Browns as also having rebranded. The 2018 point that I clarified in my survey was an attempt for the Browns (yet again in my eyes) to reverse their reputation because they knew they had a lot of young talent and a new reputable coaching staff.
In regard to the Jags, their recent rebrand was the opposite of what I view the Browns rebrand to be. The Jags are going from a defensive minded Super Bowl contender to a rebuilding team who's only real identity is looking forward to the future where as the Browns are going from an unsuccessful team (in the 21st century) to one that looks to be a contender for years to come with loaded young talent.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectOne last time I just ask as a fellow human if any of you would be willing to help me out and fill out my survey (5-10 more responses would be ideal). This whole thing wasn't meant to be an attack on the Browns in any way. I know it's not often that a Ravens fan appears on a Browns fan page, so I know obliterating me with facts must have been tempting and enjoyable. This is a lot to ask for, but if there's any way that the few people who filled out the survey can share it with close friends or family, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again and I wish you all the best of luck on Monday night against Baltimore, it's gonna be a good one.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research Project -
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectLook guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectIn my research paper I have the ability to define "rebranding" as practically whatever I want considering I'm the one conducting the experiment. I'm not just thinking about team name, location, and uniform changes as rebranding, but rather the identity of a team as a whole. The personality and attitude that a team portrays is what fans cling to the most when choosing their fandom. During the 21st century and practically for their entire existence, the Browns have been perennial losers. Through the heartbreaking playoff loses in the 80's to the constant QB carousel, the Browns have been the epitome of failure and that attitude has been reflected to the public. With the changes to the team listed in my survey, I pointed out the steps that the Browns have taken to reverse their misfortunes and change the public's view of the franchise as a whole. That's why I said that the Browns have "rebranded" since 2018. Let me know if there are any mistakes in my logic (I am a Ravens fan after all), and thank you in advance for those who participate in research process.
-
NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research ProjectHello NFL fans! I’m Adrien Peregoff, a senior at Glenelg High School in central Maryland. This year, I enrolled in a mentorship class where the goal of the course is to create an original synthesis paper on a topic of your choosing. Being heavily interested in all aspects of the NFL, I chose to research how the on-field team performance of a recently rebranded NFL team affects fan acceptance of the rebrand. For the data collection portion of my study, I’ve created a survey for fans of NFL teams that have recently rebranded. Since you are a fan of a team I’ve chosen to observe, I kindly ask if you would take the time to complete this survey. All you have to do to complete the survey is click the link below, answer all the questions to the best of your ability, and then press the submit button at the bottom of the page. Your help is greatly appreciated!