Here are the best and worst offenses and defenses for week 15. This is the ranking that looks the production on the field for every strategic area.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/12/16/n...efenses_week15/
Here are the best and worst offenses and defenses for week 15. This is the ranking that looks the production on the field for every strategic area.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/12/16/n...efenses_week15/
Here is some cool information on the probability of winning the next three games. It also looks at winning 2 or 1 game. There is a second table that looks at the head to head probability matchups.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/12/15/n...s-odds-winning/
Winning is a lot more fun. Here is the balanced rankings for offense and defense for week 14. This shows where we stack up against everyone else.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/12/09/b...fenses-week-14/
Two wins in a row. That is right. Ok, so I don't want to get too excited but it is nice to win back to back games. Here is the power rankings for playoff chances from the computer program that looks at the team strengths and the remaining schedule. We are moving up but still have a ways to go.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/12/07/n...k-14-hot-teams/
Another win and it was a close win. I am glad we pulled it off against the Panthers. It is a relief but not a satisfying win. We had to hold them off. I know we are not close to the playoff chances yet. It is a dream, but here is the power rankings for playoff chances.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/30/n...hances-week-13/
We have had some tough games lately. Here is the chance to bounce back. We can keep up with many teams and the Carolina Panthers should give us an opportunity to win.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/25/n...-gobble-gobble/
After two loses we are starting to look cold. I know we are trying to get better and I expected a tough season but sometimes I feel we are really close to becoming a playoff contender. It must be the hope in me. Either way I love football and continue to watch.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/23/n...hances-week-12/
We don't have the best statistics this year but we are a tough team. We can compete with the best of the teams but something always happens and we have a tough time at the end. Hopefully this will change.
Here are the best and worst offenses and defenses for week 11. This is a balanced ranking system that looks at the left, middle, and right side of the field.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/17/w...week-11-upside/
We played a good game against the Jets and we could have won that game. We still have a chance this season. I know I am being optimistic but even though we are on the outside it is still a chance. We just need to keep getting better each week. I would call giving the Jets a run for their money a good game.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/16/n...week-11-charge/
We have the balanced rankings for the offenses and defenses. This measures the performance on the left, middle, and right side of the field. The Browns need some work but we are still competitive.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/12/b...fenses-week-10/
Cleveland is making big gains on the playoff power ranking board. So you're telling me there is a chance. 
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/09/n...layoff-week-10/
We all know that we need to improve in different areas of the field. This year hopefully we can build and keep getting better. Our best performance so far is our rushing offense. We are not where we want to be but it is our strength at this time.
We ran the statistical numbers for yardage again this week. Those of you that have read my posts before know that we break down three areas of the field. We look closer at the left, middle, and right sides of the field. We try to find weak spots and strengths in the different teams. Our complete rankings are at http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/04/w...efenses-week-9/
I usually write about the upcoming games but we had a contributing writer submit this article. It is kinda fun.
I know this is a tough game and it looks like the Patriots are again putting together another good team but here are the keys to the game.
Patriots vs. Browns
The Patriots have the best record in football. There strengths in this game should be running the ball against a poor run defense. They can also attack in the air and work the left side of the field. The Browns keys to the game are running the ball also. The run defense is a weakness for the Patriots. When the Browns throw the ball expect the right side for bigger gains.
That is my take on the statistical advantage that the Browns have. I did break down the averages and they are at http://www.armchairreport.com
We actually gained on the playoff power rankings. We run the entire schedule each week after updating all the statistics to find out how teams are doing on their way to the post season. I get it we are still not in a great spot but we hopefully should improve. That is the optimism that I want to cling to. Is optimism bad? Anyway here is the link to the updated rankings.
Here are my predictions again this week. The Browns are off this week and I still make predictions every week and here is the link to my site. The rankings for the offense and defense is also up. You can see all the stats and info at http://www.ArmchairReport.com
Respectfully
E. Hartman
Just let us be at least optimistic. We beat the defending superbowl champions in New Orleans.
We have every reason to be happy beating the Saints at their home. That is not an easy task. Let's take it one game at a time and a win now and then will make me smile.
By E. Hartman
Week seven and sparks are flying in the NFL. We are seeing dominance from new teams and surprises that keep us guessing. Oakland? New Orleans? Controversial calls? Broken quarterbacks? These are just some of the amazing events that happened in week 7.
Cleveland show'd the NFL what we can do. If we continue to play this way the NFL needs to take notice.
I enter in the plays for every NFL team each week and compute the power rankings, upcoming match ups, and offense and defense rankings.
Complete rankings at http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/10/26/p...layoff-chances/
E. Hartman is a contributing writer for www.ArmchairReport.com
Guys,
I was not sure where to post this. I was looking for a general NFL section. If you have another spot for that let me know.
Respectfully Armchair
My thoughts were on the topic of an 18 game season. I was wondering what anyone thought? I do have some thoughts in a longer rant at: http://www.armchairreport.com/">Armchair Report</a>
Other than that, I personally believe that the the players are the most important part of the game. Without them we don't have an NFL. I wonder if stretching the season out will hurt more players. It is a problem now.
There is still time to climb.
Complete rankings at: http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/10/19/m...">Who’s Making The Playoffs?: Chances | Armchair Report</a>
Six weeks done and we have some separation within the league. But anyone who is paying attention sees this season as one of more parity than ever before. We’ve written about how parity is good for the league and suffering defeats make the wins that much more sweet. So for many teams this is going to be as sweet as honey coated strawberries. Others its turning a little tart.
Gainers: The Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, and Philadelphia Eagles all made big gains to jump into the playoff mix. Other notable gainers but still on the outside looking in are the Minnesota Vikings and Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins schedule is a little tougher than the Vikings so the edge goes to the Vikings but the Dolphins are having more games go their way.
Slipping: These teams slipped this week. The biggest surprise was the Indianapolis Colts but the change is less to do with them and more their competition. They are still right in the mix and it is early but the AFC is a tough beast. In fact I would not be surprised if an 8-8 team made the playoffs from the NFC. I’m not saying, but I’m just saying. The San Diego Chargers seem to have everything in their favor except the ability to make friends with the letter W. Tampa Bay Buccanneers and Washington Redskins fell also. I personally think the Redskins are playing much better ball than last year.