Chickenwang said:
U guys can talk all you want, but I'm sure everyone in here purchased an Ouch jersey. What a waste of talent and money that guy was
Courtney Brown, still stings a bit!
Chickenwang said:
U guys can talk all you want, but I'm sure everyone in here purchased an Ouch jersey. What a waste of talent and money that guy was
Courtney Brown, still stings a bit!
As I was watching the 1st round, Steve Young commented on this pick.He said, "Only the Steelers could take a Center in the 1st round."
I'm like... What about the Browns last year you f'ing idiot.
I think there were several times when Gruden was ready to lay Steve Young out, and I think there were a few others that would've liked to have knocked him off his high horse, all the props to him for his great career, but frankly he just seemed clueless on his draft commentary!
Rorbotron said:
No idea, he's a monster. If he can work his way in to a rotation this year he an Mendenhall are going to totally abuse defenses. We'll than have the Tank at Full Back and Moore spelling occasionally. The Steelers have done really well over the last 3 days. Totally happy with how things have come down.
He drops because he is just as talented in the buffet line as he is in the backfield. He came into GT camp last season over 20 pounds his playing weight during the year, which by the way was not the playing weight that the staff wanted him at! The guy has a discipline problem, or should I say a dish-again prolem. Could be bad news when the tailgates fire up on gameday and he never makes it to the locker room!
I agree that McNabb is their now QB and they know that they he will only be serviceable for a couple of years, and Campbell isn't their future, I still think they take a QB somewhere in their early picks! Colt has got to still be in their sites.
2. About Bradford's shoulder. He had a grade 3 shoulder seperation. The injury is not terribly serious. Bradford merely returned too soon hoping to play against arch-rival Texas. He has already been checked out at the combine with doctors stating his shoulder "checked out really well." The shoulder is not an issue
Grade 3 Shoulder seperations are verging on the very serious, Pt's under 20 are expected to have a 100% chance o recurrence, while players in there early 20's (Bradford 22) have a recurrence in the high 80 to mid 90% chance of recurrence. However, after his second dislocation (which was bound to happen sooner or later) he did undergo surgery, which is usually done after a second instance. The surgery basically gives you 85-90% chance of being good to excellent condition. There is still some question and risk, all though lower after the surgery.
nmills said:
Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO
CB's are on island, but that island can have a whole different look depending on the job of your front! It can either mean you are on vacation in paradise or stranded and LOST! If you can get pressure on the QB your CB's have less time to cover and can make plays easier. Take the Jets philosophy when they signed Cromartie, they said basically with the pressure they can put on a QB, their Corners only have to lockdown for 2-3 seconds rather than try to cover a reciever all over the field. So IMO you start improving your secondary by making your line good and build it with players stout against the run and able to quickly get pressure on the QB from the ends.
RB-we could use another RB as you dont know what you have in Jennings or Davis would really like to get gerhart or matthewsWR-Could use a fast/tall WR
I agree with the reference to getting Gerhart, Just a personal feeling but I really like what he offers in athletic ability alone. Would make a great 3rd round pick up for us! i think Mathews will go before the 3rd.
As for WR, I think we need a true number one! We have Mass and he could be the guy, but I think he is a better #2 than #1. Just not sure beyond Tate in the second if there is a true #1 that we would take. I do realize that Tate isn't the tall reciever you said, but he is Fast as shown in the combine and he is built in the mold of Steve Smith (CAR not NYG).
Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move
Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.
Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills
Don't get me wrong, i am not a big Joe Haden fan at all, truthfully don't really think he is the guy. But, many analyst have stated that his technique was horrible out of the gate when running his 40, and when you are talking tenths of a second that surely can make a huge difference. My worry with Hadden is the talk of him and how stiff he was during drills, if he is that tightly wound for the combine just what is he going to be like lining up opposite some of the recievers in just our division alone.
I think Roth showed alot in the role he played last year, I would want to see the same continue through camp before I commited to starting him.
As for Berry, I would be more than a little giddy if he fell to us at #7, He is IMO the biggest immediate impact player in the draft. You better have them laced up tight when he unloads on you!
nmills said:
I think we have the depth that we can afford to lose him for a second round pick. You can find good ILB's in the 4th and 5th rounds if needed, then you can use that 2nd rd. pick to address another position
I am not so sure I would be completely willing to give up on Jackson yet. I still think he has the potential to be a good ILB for us. Now "potential" is a dangerous word! Anyone who has coached or has been around any sort of athletics knows alot of potentially great athletes that just never reached the ability everyone thought they had. So I would side with the camp that would keep Jackson and give him a chance to play healthy and see if he can reach his potential!
David Bowens(LILB) Scott Fujita(RILB)Matt Roth(LOLB) Coleman(LE) Rogers/or Rubin (DT) Smith(RE) Kamerion Wimbley(ROLB)
That's the projection for next year's starting lineup, assuming everyone stays, including Big Baby.
Not exactly a menacing group, but solid none the less! I definitely can get excited about the direction we are starting to move in.
uh what the hell are you talking about?he's only missed 8 regular season games in 9 years
its not like he's always injured
he also had over 80 tackles every year except 1
players on the team who can say that:
a big fat ZERO
so once again what in the hell do you honestly think your talking about?
I think what he was referring to is Fujita and his injury issues last year. GOAT you make some good points, but why do you have to be so abrasive about it! People would take your comments much more serious if presented in a little different manner.
so your saying theres no way he cant play all year? so your saying Kolb cant have a career ending injury in the pre-season?complete opposite situations
I am saying that the Eagles for see Kolb as their future, and they like the Falcons have no way of knowing what can happen to the current incumbant. I am sure the season ending injury you propse that could happen would be a easier pill to swallow if it happened and they had Mcnabb still in the line-up. I am not responding to McNabb is a better trade option than Kolb, I am responding to original post.
To be quite honest, at the point Schaub was traded he wasn't believed to be the heir to the position anytime soon, the difference is the Eagles brass has indicated that Kolb is.
100% wrongyou compared him to brett farve
which is the opposite of what i did
In addition you might want to send the same advice to Vikings FO, because that seems to be what they had to do when seeking Favre's services and starting him in front of the QB that completed training camp.
never try to compare T-Jackson to Farve ever againFarve is far more experianced, more accurate, stronger arm, better pocket presence
thats why they got to much higher levels
Uhm no! The statement Farve is more, would reflect a direct comparison to the Jackson, unless you were talking about the 31+ other QB's in the league.
@jb32goat said:
so is everyone who proves you 100% wrong a dick as well? it doesnt seem hard to prove you wrong
http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php
Careful who talks without backup!!!! Atleast half of the updated mocks in the last two days have Berry gone by the seventh pick, and yes you have to actually look at the draft pages because the walters page isn't always in line with top 5 picks on the actual site!!!
never try to compare T-Jackson to Farve ever againFarve is far more experianced, more accurate, stronger arm, better pocket presence
thats why they got to much higher levels
Well thanks for the attempt at a knock while at the same time proving my point! That is exactly the comparison that you just made, please stop being childish as you were asked in other threads and let those of us that attempt to share our opinions and trade ideas, do so with a slight bit of maturity!
the comparison simply is he is not a quarterback that can elevate a high level team for the very reasons that you expressed, so he more than likely can't do it with a team plugging away at trying to build a winner.
IF clausen is on the board and berry is gone how about this:#7 Pick
Rogers
for
Kolb
Eagles 1st & 3rd
we get a QB, trade down and get another pick
Philly gets a top 2 QB prospect and a great DT
I think the Eagles have probably learned a lesson or two from the Atlanta Falcons. Trading your highly coveted back-up QB can easily explode in your face. Granted the pick of Ryan made all in Hotlanta soon forget, but there were powerful lessons to be learned. Schaub was highly sought after and eventually let go to Houston, just a short time after that Falcons franchise QB Vick finds his passion for animal cruelty and what transpires is a dismal decent into QB hell for a year! Now everyone doesn't find the nugget that Atlanta found in Matt Ryan (ie. Couch, Quinn, Harrington etc...) Just don't see the Eagles giving up the QB the brass seem to think is the future.
Don't think jackson is the answer. He had his shot in Min and Favre took basically the same team to much higher levels. i guess my point is, if he couldn't get the most out of a talented team on the verge, how can he get the most out of a team that is building and trying to find a system that works.