Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
A

AZBrowns

@AZBrowns
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
300
Topics
6
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • No QB in 2010.
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Jake Locker is being hyped up by people who watch him on highlights because if you would actually sit down and watch him for a full game, you'll realize how inaccurate and overrated he is.

    His career completion percentage is below 55 percent and is only completing 56% of his passes this year.

    If it weren't for his legs no one would notice him. He is below average. No thanks.


  • Per a league source
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    @irisheyez said:

    I don't really care, we have a billionare....

    We would be one of the "yankees"...especially since your going to make boatloads of cash here.

    A billionaire who cares about soccer.....


  • Steelers agree it was a blown measurement
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    I dont get where people think Ward caught the ball. By rules, he clearly dropped the ball. You have to complete your motion as you hold on to the ball and fall to the ground, in bounds or not. As soon as that ball fall out of Wards hands, it was incomplete. I have seen that happen and it has been explained on a few different occasions before.


  • Cribbs on block??
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    @sony-reed said:

    This is another example of Browns fans overrating a player

    Cribbs is a specials team player with at best 3 years left the way he plays the game

    People here call him a playmaker and the best player on the team, the guy was terrible as a wide receiver and yes he is a great kick returner but no team would give you a 2nd rounder for a guy who returns kicks and is a gunner on the coverage units.

    This tells you everything about the Browns when your supposed best player is a kick returner

    I am so tired of people saying Cribbs can do this and that and put him in the WildDawg, Cribbs is only good in space and on gimmick plays, when he is in the backfield the plays don't work because the defense knows what plays he is running from the shotgun, Cribbs is a guy you can use 4-5 times per game in specialty packages, this is not a guy you give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for, maybe a team looking for that last piece might offer a 3rd round pick.

    Tell me the last kick returner traded for a 1st or 2nd round pick, this is the NFL not fantasy football people

    No, it doesn't tell you all you need to know beause Cribbs isn't the "best" player on the team. He could be the most explosive or even the most athletic, but he isn't the best.

    The Browns two best players are guys that play in the trenches - Rogers and Thomas-- not Cribbs. Cribbs is a very important piece to the puzzle but not the best player on the team.


  • Browns vs. Steelers...
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Formerly Stone said:

    The Joke thread is HERE

    I know


  • Browns vs. Steelers...
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Browns 36 Steelers 3


  • NFL Scouts on 2010 QB's
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    @solon16 said:

    NO FKING WAY he slides to the 5th....NONE!...I whole heartedly disagree with this years assessment of the QB's....especially since no one is mentioning Ryan Mallet! To me he has the package as a drop back passer. lil slow but we lived with bernie...so he is "the flash" comparatively.

    McCoy and Bradford will be good pro's...Bradford is Ryan IMO. Claussen, mallett and pike....I predict this QB class will be up there as all-time...

    P.S Rudolph is a sophomore

    You guys need to back away from the Locker kool-aid because these guys are dead-on with him. He has a ton of potential, but he came into college with a run-first mentality and Sark has basically handcuffed him and told him not to run unless he has to and the results haven't been as great as you have been led to believe.

    Washington is playing basically with one legit running back and he's nothing more than a run-of-the-mill freshman and while that would hurt a normal pocket passes, Locker's running ability keeps the opposition more honest than you would think. Even considering all that, Locker struggles as a pocket passer and that's what he will have to be in the NFL.

    He has a career completion percentage in the low-to-mid-50's and doesn't throw well unless he is given a ton of time in the pocket. He doesn't have the quickest release at this point. He needs to stay for his senior year unless QB's stock plummet across the board and he feels like he can sneak into the first round.

    With a great finish to 2009 and a great senior season, he could be a top-10 pick for sure, but as for where he currently stands, he's a 4th or 5th rounder.

    Did I mention he is 6-16 as a starting QB?


  • Cribbs on block??
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    They will not trade Josh Cribbs.

    That is all...


  • Everyone Ready To Go 0-5 ??
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    I didn't read your post, but felt like replying anyway. Why is that?


  • Observations for Friday 10/9
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Thank god it isn't someone like Jamie Lee Curtis again


  • I Thought He Missed It, Too
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    AdaM said:

    It would piss off bungle fans, which I would enjoy.

    Touché


  • Please, beat us.
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Browns 45 Bills 3, TO loses it on the sideline. Someone throws poop at him......


  • I Thought He Missed It, Too
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Dude, getting a tie back could be crucial to the Browns playoff chances 😵


  • Oh no, we don't have a superstar
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Masters said:

    I liked your post and I wasn't really arguing against most of your points (not sure how it really related to the context of my post, and what it was in response to).

    The only guys in that first list that I see as "core players" you can build a team around are Thomas and Rogers. Don't get me wrong, I like the other guys, but you got a ST specialist and some average guys there. W/ better talent around them, I am sure they could be very good. But I can't make them out to be more than they are, which is NFL starters.

    It's a little early to say any of the young WR are promising young talent. That right now is still only hope. One good game by MoMass is exactly that, one good game. Andre' Davis had a couple of those.

    2000 Pats roster had a good number of core guys that would also emerge as stars. But again, CLE isn't NE and EM is not BB. It may all work out, but it is kind of asking for lighting to strike twice. As I said earlier, how many teams have had the success NE had w/ that approach?

    I am hoping it works in CLE, but it's far from a sure thing.

    In hindsight, Bill Belichick is a Hall of Fame head coach.

    Nine years ago, he was basically Eric Mangini with a little more experience as an assistant.

    I know people are tired of comparisons and I don't personally think Mangini will be Belichick in terms of success, but like young players, young coaches progress as they get older. I don't hate Mangini and I think he is much more "there" than RAC was.

    As far as the MoMass reference. My opinion differs a little from yours based on what I have been told. Everything that I was told about MoMass was on display Sunday. He needs to do it consistently, yes, but I am not one to get too high on a young player (with the exception of Joe Thomas) without having a firm opinion of his talent and I TRULY think MoMass develops into a reliable #1.

    Time will tell of course, but the way everyone is still flipping out on the guy is insane. They are buying into this media hype bullcrap.


  • Oh no, we don't have a superstar
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Masters said:

    At the time Alexander, Hutchenson, Hasselback, Womack, Jones, Trufant, Darnell Jackson, and Engram weren't exactly noboiess and underperforming WR (if anything over performing WRs).

    How did they end up doing in that SB and since then too?

    Cribbs, Thomas, Steinbach, Mack, Harrison, Rogers and Jackson are pretty damn good players in my book.

    The idea is to build a TEAM atmosphere and THEN see if a star will come out of the group or fit into at a later point.

    No one is expecting a Super Bowl with THIS group, however, the pieces they have in place at key positions (LT and NT) are some of the best in the business, some very promising young talent at center and WR.

    Sure, there are holes all over the place and that's why you see a 0-4 record. However, creating an atmosphere the guys in charge feel comfortable with is essential to what they are trying to do. Even Belichick went 5-11 his first year in New England. Go look at the 2000 Pats roster. There are a few good players on there (their defensive line was awful ), but look at the roster. It doesn't look like anything special to me. A few very good players at some key positions and they built around those.

    In no way am I trying to compare the Browns to the Pats, but the point is, how many Pats fans were ready to hang Belichick after the Pats started.... wait for it..... 0-4 in his first four game as Pats head coach?

    Pats fans thought he was a joke. They pointed to his track record and thought the Pats were a lost cause. The next year, with a slightly retooled roster, a new QB who was extremely effective (Tom Brady was a "game manager" as people put it, in his first year) and a little luck against Oakland, they ended up "stunning" the Rams in the Super Bowl and they ended up winning two more.

    Will that happen in Cleveland with Mangini? Meh, chances are slim. But how are we going to find out if this team keeps firing coaches, drafting me-first malcontents and overturning the roster every three-to-four years like this is a college football program?

    Chances are, the Browns will keep chasing their tails by keeping players like Winslow and Edwards on the roster and by firing coaches the second they fail to meet anyone's expectations.

    I am by no means approving of the job that Mangini has done so far, but the more I am watching this team, the more I realize that this teams problems stem much deeper than Mangini. He is gutting this team of the ones that are holding them back, whether the talent exists with that player or not.

    I like what he is doing for the team down the road. Whether he does a good enough job on the field or not is for another argument, but in terms of building a TEAM atmosphere, I certainly approve of that aspect.


  • What kind of dog do you own?
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Pitbull / German Shepherd mix. He's a very lovable dog who is also out of his damn mind at the same time.


  • Why would any established coach want this job?
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    These were the same questions Bucs and Pats fans were asking 15-20 years ago.


  • Modell did not hose the Browns
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    @bestplayer52 said:

    Ray Lewis was drafted by Baltimore. The Browns would have passed on Ray Lewis like they passed on Adrian Peterson, Big Gay Ben, etc.. The Browns were not going to any Super Bowls soon so Modell took a group of guys elsewhere and won.. Don't blame a winner because the Browns have been 10 year losers.. 10 years is a long time to keep making excuses. Get over Modell and wise up already.

    I didn't say Ray Lewis wasn't drafted by Baltimore, I said the Browns set that pick up for you and if you truly don't think they did then I have some ocean property in Yuma that you would love. I can see that B-more education lacks the teaching of reading comprehension. Perhaps if I wrote on the back of a bottle of antibiotics or a crack pipe you could undeerstand it more.

    And don't forget douchebag, you started this thread. Don't tell us to get over it. you're the one who is on the board and riding the jock of one pathetic franchise.


  • Modell did not hose the Browns
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    Oh and it took longer than four years to build. You do realize the team was still the browns when they made a deal with the 49ers that allowed the Niners to draft JJ Stokes, right? In return the Browns got a first-rounder from the niners in the following draft - That pick turned out to be the Ravens second ever NFL draft selection - Ray Lewis.

    The pieces were already there for you.

    The announcement of the move itself plummeted the team so bad that it went from being considered a Super Bowl contender to allowing the Ravens to select Jonathan Ogden with their first pick.

    So yeah, you can pretty much than the Browns for helping you build a Super Bowl team.


  • Modell did not hose the Browns
    A AZBrowns
    The Browns Board

    @bestplayer52 said:

    well I guess the only question is:

    Why was Modell the only owner to get the Browns competing for Super Bowls? 10 years is a decade and the Browns still seem lost without him. Drafting and coaching have been putrid and irresponsible.

    Modell took a team that was winning championships pre-Super Bowl era, decided to fire Paul Brown and the team didn't appear in the NFL's championship game (Now called the Super Bowl) until he took a devil's ransom to move to Baltimore.

    I think it's funny how Ravens fans pretend to know the whole story when they didn't even care about Art Modell before 1995. The only stories you guys have to go off of are the ones your cute little media outlets tell.

    They don't tell about how Modell botched his deal for facilities at the Gateway complex not once, but twice.

    They don't talk about how all Modell wanted was a refirbished stadium for the longest time, but when Baltimore came crawling with the dough, it wasn't enough for him.

    They don't talk about the years Municipal Stadium sold out and the Browns selling tons of merchandise and making tons of profit but Modell somehow operated in the negative during the end of the original Browns era. .

    This isn't like the Colts move where Baltimore was having trouble filling half the seats before the Colts left.

    Get a clue.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate