There seems to an urge on the part of national media to minimize team changes from year to year. For instance, the Steelers are coming off a .500 season with a loss of key talent and a still-questionable patchwork O-line, but I've seen them ranked much higher than I would have expected. They track older than the rest of the division and I can't understand the logic of picking them 18th in power rankings. Or maybe I'm looking at another team? I don't know. Ravens are the same - loss of major talent in the off-season, key defensive and offensive weapons, yet we're assured the rookies will step in with no noticeable change in performance.
Please, they're not that good.
I guess if I had my druthers I'd rather have the Browns in the basement right now. That way idiot teams like the Steelers can look past us and count their '2 guaranteed wins' every year. With the stupidity of hubris, maybe we can anticipate some more clueless play-calling on their part, like last year
I cannot vouch for our offense, but our defense is far stronger, younger and faster than last year, whereas Pittsburgh's offense hasn't changed much, unless you count Wallace walking off to Miami. I can't imagine that was what Steeler management wanted, but now it's reality.
I guess there's a reason we play the games and don't take the word of the sports press, who seem mired 2 years back. Tell me where the Colts were ranked at the beginning of last year. How accurate was that?