Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
B

Bigalow80

@Bigalow80
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
306
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • And We Have Quietly Forgotten About......
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board drew forbes

    It all depends on how these younger players develop. If Hudson, Forbes, Hand, Dunn, etc. are really growing and show promise, than I certainly could see the browns dealing Hubbard for a late round draft pick. His versatility has value plus he is on a fairly cheap deal. I could see a team that needs a back-up or someone to step in b/c of injury offer a 6th or 7th round pick for him. 


  • Andrew Berry
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA


  • NFL Draft Round 4 and Beyond
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    I really like the Felton pick. He can play both the RB and slot WR positions. He absolutely torched everyone at the Senior Bowl. I think this is Kareem Hunt insurance. I'm not saying they are the same player, but a guy who is good at both catching and running. He adds more versatility to the room. I think that's the key word with this browns draft and what they are looking for in their players. Guys who can move around, are fast and versatile. 

    They added the DT Wilson from FSU as a priority UDFA. Does this change anyone's opinion? He was potentially a first rounder coming into 2020 but looked awful last year. I think the Browns are taking a chance that he regains the fire. 


  • With the Picks In, Who is Leaving the Roster?
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    I'm not sure the contract they gave to Wilson guarantees he makes the roster. They spent big on UFA Green last year, and he ended up on the practice squad. It will be very interesting to see how they handle the LB room. I think Mac makes it before TakiTaki, but that's just my opinion. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Fields and JOK hang out in the safety room as well. Yes, they are not "true" safeties but because of their hybrid abilities, I'm guessing they will have some of those responsibilities as well. 


  • Clowney is a Brownie
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    We need to think of the Takk/Clowney signings this way: they are essentially brought in as a package deal. So 2 guys for $12-14 million. You can put Clowney in for the first 2 downs and he can give run support and some pass rush, if needed. Takk comes in on passing downs to do what he is best at it, which is get after the qb. I'm not saying both are elite at anything, but it does help to build depth and versatility. It also allows guys to catch a breather. We saw it with MG, he would just gas out near the end b/c he never came out. Covid certainly didn't help.

    I don't hate the signing at all. I think it is worth a flyer. Most importantly, think of the draft. Cleveland can take BPA at 26 or trade up or down depending on who they want. It gives them flexibility for this year and next. I still think it is going to be a corner in the first and edge in the second. Finally, since these are only 1 year deals, if one or both ball out and decide to leave and get paid elsewhere, Cleveland adds comp picks. This is how the Ravens and Patriots built longevity into their teams. Hitting on those additional mid-round picks. I think this is part of Berry's strategy.


  • Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    What's the charge? He bought stolen goods? Knowingly? I think there are some very important details missing in this story...


  • Major projected draft prospects for Browns first three rounds
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    The more I think about it, I feel the browns are preparing to go corner in Round 1 and DE in Round 2. However, if the board falls to where their #1 DE guy is on the board at 26, they grab him and then trade up to grab the corner. I think the difference in talent between the top 5 edge guys is in the eye of the beholder and what each d-coordinator wants. I believe joe woods would love to have 2 lock down guys on the outside and that will help the d-line as well and they could work with what they currently have and potentially resign OV. 


  • Major projected draft prospects for Browns first three rounds
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    @calfoxwc said:

    time for a goofy prediction:

    The Browns will trade up to the 20 pick if their guy is still there, or Tenn. will pick him.

    They trade a third round and a fifth round, to move up to 20 to pick:

    Azeez Ojulari, LB/DE

    he's super athletic, bendy, explosive, very intelligent, outstanding character, loves the game, is fine at dropping back in pass coverage.....

    he won't fall to the Browns at 26. He may not even fall to the 20th pick, but I think he will.

    and just makes stuff happen.

    I agree. No way the browns come out of this draft with 9 picks. Plus, I think Azeez Ojulari is perfect for this defense. Re-sign OV (not for the beginning of the year but the end), bring in Dunlap on 1 year deals and then draft AO for the future. Plus, when Dunlap and OV leave, you can collect the comp picks. Go DB in round 2 and BPA for the rest of the draft. This defense can then get after the QB. 


  • JJ Watt to Cardinals
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    Tour is right. Trading JJ Watt would be a major PR issue for the Texans. If you think they would take a 3rd round pick for the guy who has been the face of that franchise for a decade, no chance. Yes, that's probably what his value is on the market, but with the current Watson situation, can you imagine what would happen if they traded BOTH those guys? Can you imagine the fan reaction when they announce the Texans traded JJ Watt for a 3rd round pick? The best solution for them is to let his contract run out and then let him make the decision on where he wants to go. 

    From a Browns perspective, I think he still offers value simply because of his versatility across the line. Adding him to a line would certainly be a big help. I think the Browns could make it work and I don't think there would be any issues from his side. I would accept giving up a 3rd or 4th rounder and even has high as swapping our 2nd for their 3rd round. All that being said, the Browns still have players to resign and big deals for Ward, Baker, and Chubb in the next two years. The cap is going to go down. The floor is set at $175 per the CBA agreement, but I'm not sure it will stay around $200 like it is now. It will probably land somewhere in the middle. 


  • Baker Mayfield
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm ready to go with baker as the franchise QB. I am not sure what more some of you guys want here. 

    I am too. The question is what is his value on the market? I think the Freddie Kitchen disaster proved he is very much a system QB, which is not a bad thing.  He's just not transcendent like Rogers, Mahomes, Watson where it does not matter who is coaching and calling plays.  I'm hoping all parties involved recognize this.


  • Baker Mayfield
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    It's interesting to see how much better Mayfield is starting to play. There have definitely been points where I questioned whether or not he was going to be the man or not. I think it is a combination of him actually having coaching, growing up, and becoming more comfortable in the offense which has resulted in better play as of late. As much as we want Patrick Mahomes, I'm not sure he will ever be that...and IMOP, that's perfectly fine. My question/concern, is how do you pay him moving forward? We all know how the qb market works and everyone trying to reset the bar. Do you think the browns should wait until after next year to try and resign (potential franchise tag following year) or offer him a Ryan Tannehill type now? Is that enough to get it done? The question is does he deserve "elite" starter money or really good money? I don't think he belongs in the Mahomes/Watson category, but he is better than Kirk Cousins(Side note has made over $140 mil-God bless him)/Garappolo category. Also, they are going to still need to sign Ward/Chubb/Richardson, etc. in the next few years and their cap space is quickly going to be gone. Hopefully, Mayfield recognizes that Stefanski is the best thing to happen to him (ala Drew Brees and Sean Payton) and it may take a little less to make the team better (aka Tom Brady). If the Browns continue to win and dare I say ever win a SB, his endorsements are going to go through the roof.

    The Tannehill contract is worth 4 years, $118 million with an average of $29.5 million guaranteed per year, according to ESPN's Jeff Darlington. The deal has $62 million fully guaranteed and $91 million total guaranteed. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/ryan-tannehill-9818/

    NFL's highest paid quarterbacks (average salary per year):

    1. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes: $45 million

    2. Texans QB Deshaun Watson: $39 million

    2. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million

    3. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million

    4.Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million

    4. Rams QB Jared Goff: $33.5 million

    6. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $33 million

    7. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million

    8. Cowboys QB Dak Prescott: $$30.1 million

    0. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million

    10. Titans QB Ryan Tannehill: $29.5 million


  • Odell Embarrassing Us Yet Again...
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    First, if that's OBJ's thing, who cares? If he is weird as hell, that's his prerogative. As long as it is not detrimental to himself, someone else or the team I don't really care.

    Second, where is the proof? This lady said she took pictures and sent it to Odell. Ok, post it. Prove your story. I don't think she did and it was just someone whom she thought was OBJ but in all reality, it was just some dude.

    Finally, OBJ has done nothing this offseason that doesn't make me think he is all about the Cleveland Browns. He's putting in the work, being a good teammate, and has said nothing in the media. I think he is here in Cleveland for at least 1 more year before they trade him, not because of who he is but because of his contract. IMOP the browns really like him but at some point you can't have 2 wr taking up $30 million in cap space. Although, it's interesting that the browns have an out on both their contracts after this year.


  • Browns are the first NFL team to sign all their draft picks
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge, Pittsburgh has yet to sign any of their picks. There has to be a reason, right? Covid? I can't imagine with the way contracts are structured for rookies it is that hard to get done. 


  • Myles Garrett, 7 year 147$ million
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    I love the fact that the deal is 5 years AFTER his rookie deal. the 25/yr doesn't kick in until 2022. 7 more years of MG.

    Just a thought, but if MG is working as a 1099, his taxation is significantly different. I believe his "corporate" tax is only 20%. I could be wrong.


  • Walter Football Early 2021 Draft Look
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    IF Rosseau is on the board at 8, I will be shocked. He's going top 4 if he stays healthy. Lawarence, Fields, Sewell, Rosseau


  • Washington Redskins
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    I think what we are missing from all of this is once the Indians decided to go away from Chief Wahoo, what they realized is they no longer have a mascot (slider does not count). Personally, I hope they keep the name as it is incredibly generic (unlike redskins or braves) but I think its a losing battle in today's times. Other than the Block C (which I like but from a marketing standpoint is extremely boring and only so much you can do) they have nothing they can brand out with and sell. This is why I think the plan to change the name has been in the works for years. What's going on in today's times gives them the perfect opportunity to make the switch with the least amount of blowback. Yes, there are people who will swear off the team but when you average 15k people in the stands on a 93 win team, how loyal are your fans? They will find a way to negotiate to keep the trademarks on Indians and Chief Wahoo but ultimately this team name is going to change and this is why I believe Spiders is going to be the final answer. There is a connection to the teams history and even though they were bad, they did win a championship. It has tons of marketing and branding potential. It's not overused as a mascot or a symbol. They can call Progressive Field "the web" or whatever spider home you want. It's not tied to the Rock n Roll Hall of fame which we need to get away from as the "only" thing in Cleveland. Guardians is ok and has lots of freedom to design and a connection to the city but it sounds contrived. Long story short, it's all about the marketing potential and the ability to sell merchandise. 


  • Vernon Restructures Deal
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    It wouldn't shock me if they try to add Everson Griffin to the mix as well if they can get him for less than $10 mil. Joe Woods had a stacked line in SF and they would rotate quite a bit. One more guy who can bounce inside/out with some veteran leadership would be a good thing. Think of that line on 3rd and long?

    DIL: Richardson, Ogunjobi, Billings, Elliot

    DE: Myles, Vernon, Thomas, Clayborne...Griffin?


  • Njoku Back In
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

    I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

    Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

    Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

    Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

    Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well


  • What if they cannot play this year...
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    I think it is a real possibility the season gets cancelled. Golf is struggling with people getting Covid. Just imagine what happens when football starts? However, The NFL makes most of their money in tv and media contracts. Fans in the stands dent the wallet but they aren't going to force a team to sell. Especially not after the last few years. I'm assuming all contracts would be extended for another year since I don't believe contracts are official until they start active training camps. 

    That being said, I do worry about the Indians. Any chance of keeping Frankie is toast unless the Dolan's sell. Although, the market is going to be crushed so the idea of a player getting a $300 million contract are pretty much over. Who knows, maybe frankie will take a short 2 year deal to increase the window.


  • Myles Garrett is a stand-up man
    B Bigalow80
    The Browns Board

    That is what's so crazy about the whole helmet situation. It was so out of character for him. The browns aren't worried about any of that stuff though. he's going to get $$$$

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate