I woke up this morning in Key West around 5:30 to the Miami news on the tv teasing “NFL player arrested running naked at a Ft. Lauderdale daycare center.” I just assumed it was a Cleveland Brown, as I was still a little groggy. Sure enough…
BigHittertheLama
Posts
-
Malik McDowell Arrested -
Rodgers for Baker is being speculated by the media. Thoughts on Rodgers with this roster!This is some fun hypothetical "whataboutism", but is there a reasonable way this trade could even work money-wise, without gutting some of the Brown's roster?
I thought I heard today on the radio that Rodgers does not have a no trade clause, and Cleveland is a team that has been mentioned to be on his "yes" list. But at what cost? In a vacuum I'd do Baker for Rodgers straight up, in a heartbeat. But Baker, one or two other (probably major) contributors, and a shitload of future draft picks? I'm pretty sure I'd pass. I think the team has a strong foundation for the long term, and I don't want to gut that for an all-in run for 2, maybe 3 seasons... and then a brutal rebuild. I think Rodger's salary would be crippling in the long term for a team to take on that was not built around that salary.
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***So we get taken out of our rhythm, and they get a chance to substitute, because of this bullshit booth review?
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***Perfection is unobtainable and I fear that for some posters, they’ll never understand nor accept that fact
Definitely nothing worth complaining about, amiright? Will there be orange slices and Capri Sun after the competition today?
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***Baker looked like Helen Keller playing QB the entire first half, now he can’t miss. I can’t figure him out, but I personally think it might be just as much of a scheme problem as a Baker Mayfield problem. The Browns seem to be really slow on making offensive adjustments. It seems like they won’t adjust their offensive game plan towards what the defense is giving them until halftime.
That isn’t said to excuse a shit first half by Baker, again. I’m more lukecold than lukewarm on him.
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***It seems like every time Cincy completes a pass, you can find Sendejo trailing the receiver or back by about 3-4 steps.
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***I really don’t understand why the Browns are so committed to establishing the pass, considering their receiver and te injuries. The Browns are one injury from Case Keenum and Scottish Hammer trying on receiver gloves, and they are chucking it downfield on first down.
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***Hunt is perfectly capable of logging “feature back” rush attempts in the second half. Browns need to commit to the run in the second half. Get the ball out of Baker’s hands and stop putting him in third and long situations. He’s clearly not going to stare down this vaunted Bengals defense and perform at an even mediocre NFL quarterback level. The rookie across the field looks much more seasoned and polished than Baker.
-
***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***I hope Baker is hurt, because if he isn’t it’s back to the drawing board at qb
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at Ravens -
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensThat TD is on OBJ
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensRavens should have spiked the ball there and saved the timeout. Hope it bites them
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensThey're gonna score again
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensMan, do I wish my dad had picked a different team to root for
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensEgo management. OBJ came back to the huddle chirping after a play, Baker starts trying to jam the ball into tight (or shut) windows to him.
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensWell, that worked out
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensA good punt will back the Ravens up to the original line of scrimage
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensAs I am typing that, the offense reverts to a Freddie Kitchens Chinese fire drill.
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensOBJ have a ball even thrown his way yet?
I am afraid of ego management this season. I really like the run/pass mix so far today (minus one deflected ball that ends up being intercepted, the offense has looked... adept). I worry that placating stars (OBJ) can derail an offenses "flow".
-
***Official Gameday Thread Browns at RavensWell it appears that Hunt is going to be more of a traditional backup than just a 3rd down back
I'd rather have a change of pace, than a situational platoon. I've always felt like it was a little tipping of the hand when you have a back that you favor on passing situations.