@jafbf said:
Not in Points Allowed - in PA Buff was 20th.
I stumbled upon this website and as a Bills fan, FWIW, I'll give a little insight into this conversation.
Points allowed is not always the best stat to compare squads. I'm not sure where the stat is, but the Bills defense faced the highest number of opposing drives throughout the year in the entire league and allowed the least number of points per drive. Also, ranked 2nd in INTs and either 1st or 2nd in sacks.
We had an anemic offense and an awful special teams that allowed short fields to many teams.
In no way do I want to see Pettine leave the Bills. He re-worked our entire defense and ended up sending 4 players to the pro bowl, as well as a possible DROY (Alonso). Not to mention Leodis McKelvin and Jerry Hughes having the best seasons of their careers in his style. Injuries hampered a lot of the secondary throughout the year but he was still able to get results from his players. He has a very aggressive approach, bringing complicated blitz looks and heavy press-man coverage.
The only dig would be that our run defense did not improve much last year. Not to say that it was his fault, but that would be the only gripe with him.
Bills fans love Pettine and definitely do not way to see him leave.