Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
B

bkosar74

@bkosar74
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
20
Topics
14
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Browns The Choice In Anatomy Of A Surprise Playoff Run
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board
    Author breaks down recent history of unexpected playoff runs - and then mentions that the Browns are well positioned.....

  • New interception stat
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    I thought this was an interesting way to look at how much interceptions hurt you....

    Article


  • Forget LeBron With Some Fantasy Football
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    I'm not sure what you mean by registration forums......


  • Forget LeBron With Some Fantasy Football
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    If you're serious about fantasy, drop me a line. I'm starting a series of 20 team leagues. So, you have to dig deep to find the best players (not everyone will have Brady or Manning). The goal is a $50 entry fee. Will start multiple leagues if demand allows.

    Email me for details.

    [email protected]


  • Red Zone Analysis (Part 2)
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    He's calling this red zone analysis - but it's really just an analysis of offenses.....

    Article


  • Red Zone Analysis
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    Just something I came across - interesting red zone stats.

    This guy write for the NYTimes blog, so I check out his site every so often.

    Article


  • Finding a new quarterback
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    @riffer-x said:

    College doesn't mean dick towards winning in the NFL nor do numbers really. I get tired of that argument and no da ich, that isn't a direct slam on you just my opinion.

    I sort of agree with you. And, the author's conclusion was somewhat weak, but I thought that was intentional. He was saying, your best bet is a QB in the first round.....but there's HUGE risk. But, if you don't take a QB in the first round don't bother trying to outsmart everyone with a later round pick. Sometimes a late round pick works - but, chances are, you have to try to hit on several players before one works out.


  • Finding a new quarterback
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    Really interesting analysis on how teams have found their QBs......

    Here's the article


  • Holmgren; West Coast Offense = ? at QB
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    I'm gonna guess Holmgren draft's someone and picks up Hasselbeck to carry the load until the new guy can take it


  • 2009 Jets vs 2000 Ravens - Pretty Good Stat Comp
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board
    I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it

  • NY Times Review of QB play in the past decade
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    The NYTimes ran a piece on the past decade and which QBs were the best.

    I can't (or I guess I can) believe how poorly Couch did...

    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... rterbacks/

    Here's the link with all of the lists....

    http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2010/01/ ... ecade.html


  • Like we need more proof that our QB situation stinks
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    @mastadave99999 said:

    Six and Seven YAY!!!

    And eleven.....and eighteen


  • Like we need more proof that our QB situation stinks
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    read these two posts....even in a victory we get trashed....

    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12...-bad-and-worse/

    http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2009/12/ten...-of-season.html


  • Brees was available to anyone - why didn't we get him?
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    @choco said:

    and was passed on for a highly touted rookie.

    wasn't meant to be disrespectful, but hindsight is always 20/20....

    He was passed on for a highly touted rookie. BUT, as the TIMES article states, he didn't have his "breakout" year until after the team drafted rivers.


  • Brees was available to anyone - why didn't we get him?
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    @choco said:

    easy question to ask years later after he's been largely successful.....

    Thanks - I'm good at that


  • Brees was available to anyone - why didn't we get him?
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    The guy at nflstatanalysis.net provides us with another interesting Brees analysis on the NYTimes Fifth Down blog.

    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12...brees-entwined/

    Also interesting stuff on the 20 worst QB performances of the season. Anderson's on there 3 times and Brady's on their once....so, the Browns make up one fifth of the 20 worst QB performances of the season.....

    http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2009/12/ten...-of-season.html


  • What is a perfect QB rating?
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board
    Brees and QB Rating Not perfect

  • Mangini would be too stupid to do what Belichick did
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    NFLStatAnalysis: Belichick Unwittingly Emboldened the Geeks

    I have long felt that coaches are too conservative on 4th Down. Here's an interesting article about how stat geek are defending Belichick's decision. I totally agree. A guy like Mangini would never make that call because a) he's not smart enough and 😎 he's scared of losing his job.

    I love the way the article closes out:

    "The ability to store more and more data has allowed the average statistically minded fan to perform the analyses proving what they have long believed - but never had the data to prove.

    The internet has provided a method to disseminate the message.

    The Belichick discussion finally gives them a platform.

    So. Game on. It's Microsoft Excel (or SAS, Minitab etc...) vs. old school thinking.

    The empirically minded minority is getting a seat at the table. Will it change the way decisions are made in the NFL? Doubtful. But, the debates will certainly take on a new life."


  • Stat Guru not favorable to Anderson
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    @kshutchins said:

    This is what happens when baseball fans get interested in football. 🙂

    I just laughed so hard I puked in my mouth. Although, I don't completely agree. I think there's value to this. Belichick is a big stat analysis guy./


  • Stat Guru not favorable to Anderson
    B bkosar74
    The Browns Board

    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...romo-moves-up/

    An interesting article that builds off of what a lot of statistical analysts have been saying the past few years in that passing yards per attempt is the one major statistic to look at when judging QB's. As a statistician, I think it's great that people are trying to improve the QB rating system.

    The actual website is http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/ and there's an interesting breakdown of why Romo is "better" than Favre - despite what the NFL passer ratings say. http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2009/...gh-week-7.html

    Someday, as Browns' fans, we won't have to look at rankings like this and see our players all the way at the bottom.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate