How do you get to be an NFL coach if you are a “poor” coach? How does that happen?
Bob Wiley
Posts
-
Hue/Haley: Why The Browns Released Them! -
How is your excitementSo getting back to my original question, where is the excitement level? ESPN has the Browns winning 3, I think they will probably be closer to 6 wins.
One guy, Zombo, thinks the Playoffs. What is the general feeling in Cleveland. I’m genuinely curious about how optimistic the fans are because I think a lot of good stuff has happened in the last year for you guys.
-
How is your excitementSome of you guys are really sensitive. I’m a Vikings fan, but as I’ve said before, I like what the Browns are doing this year. I remember the Brian Sipe and Ozzie Newsome years and I hope the Browns become a good team again.
-
How is your excitementZombo said:
Shmuck you.
We're going to the playoffs, you re not.
Zombo
The Browns are going to the playoffs? ?
hey I love the optimism, but really?
-
How is your excitement"Your" "You" ?? To quote Roger Daltry: "Who daphuck are you"? And what is "your squad"?
So... you think less than 6?
-
How is your excitementESPN has your squad winning 3 games this year. To me that sounds low. You guys have made significant upgrades personal wise.
I think your team wins around 6.
-
Post draft W/L predictionsI think you guys win at least six. The Sun is coming up over Cleveland. If I were a Browns fan, I would be psyched. Your team was competitive in lots of games last season. With the addition of so many quality FA’s and draft picks, I expect a much better record.
Good Luck!
-
Cousins to sign 3 year $84M fully guaranteed deal, insane?In a league with teams starved for a franchise QB, it makes sense, but damn, The Vikings could of kept Keenum and drafted a guy. I would've done that over overpaying for Cousins. As far as Jimmy G goes, I always predicted he'd be lights out when he's ready, and I for sure think he's worth the contract he received.
The perception here in Mn is that Keenum is smart, agile, but has a weak arm. Most of the “experts” think Cousins is a better athlete, as smart, and has a much stronger arm.
-
Today's Thought...OK...
Cousins has a worse winning pct. than the guy we just got. Taylor is 23-20 as a starter. Cousins is 26-30-1. Cousins is NO proven winner....certainly no more than Taylor. Taylor could be every bit as good as Cousins....at winning.
Vikings had Theilen as a second team All Pro. That counts as one...not two. Maybe you meant Pro Bowler. But no....Thielen was the only one of those as well. Josh Gordon...HAS been an actual 1st team All Pro....and could possibly be again. He was the best receiver in the game before his problems...yet he is still here. And Landry has made the Pro Bowl team for like 3 years running.
Who, really was the Vikings last good QB? It was probably semi-washed up 40 year old Brett Favre...who you rented from your biggest rival. Imagine the Browns signing Ben Roethlisberger when he is 40.
As for history....at least we have the 60s...and 50s...and 40s. Vikings got no titles. Sure, 7 of 8 Browns titles came before the birth of Vikings...but hell....at least we have had one during that period. (and yes...I AM old enough to remember it). Can you remember a Vikings championship? No.
As for the defense. Yea, OK....the Vikings defense this past year was much better. Pretty much the best in the league. But, for the future, the Browns have a lot of good pieces in place. And the defense this past year wasn't so bad. They actually ranked in the top half in yards given up: 14th.
Yeah, the Browns are a nice little club. They try really hard!
I freely admit the Browns were a better club 54 years ago when they won a championship in a 14 team league. Since then, not even a question.
its like saying the Gophers are a better college than Ohio State because of the national championships back in the 40’s. Don’t mean much.
how bout more recent history?
The last ten years- Vikings 85-74-1, Browns 36-112-0
The Browns are a nice JV team. Hopefully, Johnny Football, when he gets out of rehab, can come back and save the day :thumbs up:
-
Cousins to sign 3 year $84M fully guaranteed deal, insane?It’s a lot, but in a year or two, he will be the fifth highest paid qb. It’s what he is worth in the NFL market.
-
Today's Thought...Zombo said:
The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.
Zombo
Alright, I’ll play.
You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?
Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.
last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16
year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15
year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13
in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007
the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never
last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!?

the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!
before that Brian Sipe!
so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.
your turn...
-
Today's Thought...Anyway, I love that your ownership is being aggressive to improve your club. Good luck in the draft too.
-
Today's Thought...I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?
-
Today's Thought...As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better.