C'mon guys. I know of the technicalities that allow us to claim the history of the team that moved to Baltimore, but that technicality is disingenuous to all of us who consider ourselves Cleveland football fans.
We don't root for a team that has played professional football for 65 years. We root for a team that has been in the NFL for 13 and has done nothing but disappoint. We have acquired a form of Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to showing faith to this incarnation of the Browns.
Gipper, you have a lot of enthusiasm for this team. However, pulling the sheet over your eyes makes you look like a fool. I'm not going to tell you how to root for the Browns, but it has gotten to the point where I can only stomach going to one game a year to end up making the walk of shame up W 3rd with the 30,000 other fans who stuck it out all four quarters.
Maybe I'm just tilted. Tilted by the fact that the team I grew up watching and having moderate success moved to Baltimore. That team has all the history, not technically of course, and it kills me every single time I see them.