@d-bone said:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."
It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.
"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."
Little was asked to elaborate on the "personal" angle.
"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .
"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."
Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.
Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.
He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.
"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.
So Pettine never spoke to Little?
"He never spoke to anybody," he said.
Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.
@d-bone said:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."
It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.
"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."
Little was asked to elaborate on the "personal" angle.
"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .
"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."
Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.
Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.
He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.
"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.
So Pettine never spoke to Little?
"He never spoke to anybody," he said.
Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.
@d-bone said:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."
It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.
"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."
Little was asked to elaborate on the "personal" angle.
"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .
"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."
Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.
Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.
He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.
"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.
So Pettine never spoke to Little?
"He never spoke to anybody," he said.
Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.
Little was famous for dropped passes. So many games could have been won if he just hung on to the damn ball. So its personal, "BFD". If you even get on the field consider yourself lucky.