if Buffalo is third in "defense" by the stat you are providing. Well then it is wrong?. With that being said, I think you guys have a great defense. Your offense might hide that though putting it in bad positions and keeping it on the field.
BroncoLurker
Posts
-
Browns defense proving to be a top NFL defense already -
OUR "Hard Knocks" Threada/k/a "Mr Unfortunately"... as in, "Unfortunately we need you to come in today."
Every other HK team I can remember had the guys in the building pumping iron, getting treatment, etc... and we "called them in"... literally. Did not sit well with me.
I think this has more to do with the newish cut-down rules. In previous years the cuts were mid training camp. This has removed some of the unexpected mid-training camp cuts that made for great tv, but a little harsh on the human side.
-
2017's Final Roster Moves: The March to 53... -
2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut Thread@boo-fagley said:
Simean is so bad that Oiswieller was worth another look
Pretty sure it's just to be a back-up. He had a year in McCoy's system and Lynch is out for a few weeks. Not sure what the long term plan is with him; most fans are ready to cut ties with Lynch at this point, but are OK rolling with Simien.
-
2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut ThreadSo, basically all 32 teams have to pass on a player to be put on a teams PS?
If they are picked up off the waiver list they must be added to the 53 man roster....OK....but...in that case though...the Browns still get first pick of the litter because of their record last year...as long as they are willing to add the guys waived to their own 53 man roster. Right?
Yes and yes. They have first picks up until the day after the third regular season game. Then it goes by w/l record of current season I think.
-
2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut ThreadAlso...correct me if I am wrong....but because of their 1-15 record last year, do not the Browns have FIRST CHOICE to pick up any player that has been cut?
Would that, in theory also include their own players that they want to cut, but then stash on the PS?
Players have to go to 53 if picked up off waivers. So no you can't cut them and pick them up to PS. To go to PS they have to completely clear waivers.
-
Haden ....RELEASED -
Browns looking at WR trade ?I've seen nothing in Lynch, which short-term is fine because of Siemian, who I think is a competent placeholder. I'll be surprised if by 2018 Kelly is not your starter and the consensus best Mr. Irrelevant ever.
If Osweiler was transported back to Denver, do you think he'd beat out Siemian?
Yeah, most fans have been a little bummed that we haven't gotten to see Kelly yet, and a lot think he will beat out TS next year.
It has been discussed, but not to be our starter, but our backup. Most prefer Sloter in that discussion. With a coin flip on who we could care less about between BO and Lynch. BO just reminds me of a less accurate Kyle Orton. Boring to watch, no intangibles, and has a hard time consistently moving the chains. So that would be a big NO on beating on TS. I am not sure who BO could beat out around the league at this point. And whoever you mention, I couldn't see his odds being better than a coin flip. That would be a depressing qb battle. No offense to you guys as at least you had a rookie in the wings.
-
Haden ....RELEASED -
Haden ....RELEASED
does Ward have diminished skills too? Maybe some of our Bronco lurkers can fill us in....
Ward is still good, a bit of a liability in coverage but great in the box. Word is that he will be cut shortly if we can't find a trade. Matter of salary vs the confidence in his cheaper backup, Simmons.
-
Browns looking at WR trade ?I just find it odd that you hope that Kizer doesn't turn out like Favre, a first ballot hall of famer. Favre definitely had his bad moments, but he usually had his teams competing at a very high level. There was a lot of weight on his shoulders. He would try to force things too much, but he also scored a lot of points when other qb's wouldn't have been able to.
I don't think I have seen any of the rookie qb's make any additional reads post snap with the exception of tossing it to the rb in the flat. I think a lot of fans get irritated with the backup qb not getting bumped up, but it is obvious how much of a simplified system they are running. We (broncos fans) are irritated because Lynch still isn't doing that either, and the results aren't quite the same when you are playing the against the ones and a game plan.
Interested to see how this year turns out for you. Your defense looks light-years improved from last year. Would like to see you get a little more push up the middle but other than that your d looks legit.
Landry, that would be a shocker. Kind of hard guy to trade for right now with the domestic violence hanging overhead unless you get him on the cheap. Patriots gave up a first for Brandon Cooks. I would think his price would be similar.
-
***Official Browns @ Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***I honestly don't get not playing Kizer at all... even if it is with the 2's. Last chance to get some game work in before facing the Steelers.
I just think it is a matter of not wanting the qb you have tabbed as a starter playing behind guys that won't even be on the team next week. With the qb it is a little bit of a domino effect. You would want the starting line protecting him, and might as well have the starting receivers too, don't want to mess with the rhythm. I think most coaches feel they get better work in practice anyways.
-
And then there is thisOne other note... I was a little surprised that his first deep ball, the one to the 1-ydline, looked to be at the limit of his arm at 57 yd in the air... and that was moving forward with everything behind the throw. Into the wind?
Yeah I noticed that too. I think the announcers made a comment about him having no trouble throwing it that far (flick of the wrist or something along those lines) and thinking that it looked to me about as far as he could throw to me. Maybe he put it at a high angle?
-
Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0practice? you talking about practice?
let's see how the gints starters do vs HIM.......
i hope he's all we hoped for BUT you talkin about practice?
NFL is a whole different monster than 'practice'.
lol, yeah I realize that. We are also talking about the second half of the first preseason game, so I figured it was fair game.
-
Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0
I actually saw a video of it on this board. Every play condensed down. Actually pretty impressive at how obviously scared bama was of him. Ran about 80% of the plays directly away from him. But I guess that leaves you with plenty of ammunition for your continuously sadistic narrative. He didn't make enough plays when the play was ran in the opposite direction of him. Yes your third string qb looks awesome completing all his passes on a one read rollout. I saw that you aren't ready to induct him into the hall of fame yet, but maybe after doing again this week you will be ready to give him a jacket.He was NOT dominant. GO look at what Alabama did to him. The guy is a second round talent. It also doesn't matter if he would have gone #2 if we took Trubisky. If he went #2, then it would have been someone else fucking up the pick, just would be the #2 pick.
Seriously can't tell if you are serious with this crap or not. Horrible take. Did you see the video of MG steamrolling one of your OL this week. Let me guess, that doesn't count because it was against a third stringer? Unlike what mr biscuit did?
Rant over, back to my board to anoint our 3rd string qb the next coming. He didn't look to shabby either versus the future insurance salesman of America. Btw very curious to see kizer this week against the 1/2s. He definitely looked ahead of where I expected.
-
Game 1...Good, Bad & Ugly 2017Who do we think will pick up Erving after we cut him?
I'd bet on the Vikings.
I wouldn't mind if my broncos took a flyer on him. Because of all the complaining I saw, I focused on him when I watched your game and I must say compared to our line, he didn't look too bad. Yes our line is that bad.
-
***Official Browns Vs. Saints Preseason Game Night Thread***Preseason game 4, Garrett vs Trubisky prize fight of the century.
Doubt you guys let Garrett play much, but if you take away Trubs first read he might be in trouble and you guys should be able to hold him in check. We didn't do anything to take away that first read (part of the whole no game-planning for the other team aspect of the preseason) and so he had it pretty easy. He has good arm talent (which was never a question with him) so just make him make a couple reads and I don't think he will look nearly as good. He threw into tight coverage and even triple coverage when he had guys open. It was against future insurance salesman so it worked, except at the end of the game.
-
Camp NewsCertainly did not come out of FSU with that belly... but he was still ungainly.
Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL, but Cam had a few decent plays... just so many more epic fails.
I did not think the hold called on Shon was a hold.
I think everyone got irritated with him after his false start / hold / allowed pressure on one play; that was pretty bad, lol. After that he had a couple blunders but really wasn't that bad from what I saw compared to what everyone was saying. He definitely had several plays where he handled his guy just fine.
-
Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 02) Whether you guys like it or not, the Browns have been ass fucked over and over and over in the draft. Each year you guys invent bullshit to explain why not taking the very top prospects is genius that the rest of the NFL just is not smart enough to understand. We take Winslow, Manziel, Richardson, and Quinn..............They take Petersen, Ben the rapist, and Julio Jones.
If the Browns are to get to a SB, that means not only do they have to draft better than the other guys. Certainly you cannot analytically compare the performance of a QB to that of a DE. But that isn't what the fuck we are talking about. What we are talking about is a simple comparison of [WHO GOT MORE VALUE FOR THE PICK?]
So ya'll finally do take the top prospect in the draft and you are trying to say why you should have taken someone else??? I'll trade you Lynch for Garrett any day.
And as far as value... If you want to roll with going off way to little information way too early. You are comparing a starting DE to a 3rd string qb. I am pretty sure the starter brings more value at this point.
I assume Fox needs to be fired too since he has Trubs as third string just like Hue has Kizer???
-
Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0But that is the point, they did not on Thursday when Myles was double teamed
Very small sample size... It will come. I think Dak ruined things a little last year by looking good through the preseason and then carrying that over into the regular season. A quick google search will turn up all kinds articles of how good Weeden, Bortles, Schaub, Barkley, Logan Thomas, and so many other qb's looked in the preseason that never did anything in the league.
