Cleveland 7th round pick kielbasa and sauerkraut lol
Browns616
Posts
-
Celebrity Draft -
Celebrity DraftCle
Tom Hanks
Dave Grohl
Michael symon
John Legend
-
The Browns Finally Have a Fullback!In 2011 Cincy was (14-15) on 3rd and 1 with him at FB. That's exactly why he is here, short yardage
-
Mack stays with BrownsI'm calling it. Greco to center Schwartz to right guard and drafting @ #4 Jake Mattews or Greg Robinson at RT
-
Two Top Ten PicksWith as many picks as we have, I think that it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to try and make some kind of deal. Trading back into the top ten would be EXPENSIVE, but this is also a deep, deep draft, so even trading back into the top 15 would a huge difference, and something that might even land us C. J. Mosley. Getting ridiculously high caliber players like Watkins and Mosley would be absolutely insane, but still doesn't help us with our offensive line issues. The damn Browns do this to me every year.... they somehow get me excited even though we have new coaches, new front office, and an unproven quarterback. In my worthless opinion, our entire season depends on a young man from St. Ignatius high school...Brian Hoyer. If Hoyer is really the player I think he is....we're not going to just win 4 or 5 games.
I'm with you man. Everyone who thinks the browns need a QB in the first round should read this (http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2011/08/11/an-rsp-flashback-qb-brian-hoyer/ ) and re-watch the games Hoyer played in last year. Completely different team with BH at QB. Brian Hoyer on the upcoming season "Have 9-1-1 on speed dial and bring out the caution tape because we are about to murder the AFC North"
-
Two Top Ten PicksRumor I am hearing is that the Browns may want to actually get two of the Top Ten picks in this draft.
They would use their #4 pick perhaps on Watkins....but then use their #26 plus their multple picks in the draft to move up from #26 to 8,9,10 to select Teddy Twatwater if he slides to those slots.
It would take a big package of up to 3-4 picks to move up that far, but that would give the Browns both Watkins and Bridgewater.
2 scenarios
IMO I think it would be better to trade down from #4 to 6-8. This would give the browns a second rd pick to then use to move up from #26 to the mid teens 12-18 range depending on who we trade with.
1st rd. pick 6-8
1st rd. pick 12-18
2nd rd. pick 35
or
trade down from #4 to 6-8. Giving the browns a additional second rd pick to then use on potential QB or BPA that falls.
1st rd. pick 6-8
1st rd. pick 26
2nd rd. pick 35
2nd rd. pick 36-42
Ideally, I would like to get players like Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Calvin Pryor, Justin Gilbert, CJ Mosley, and Xavier Su'a-Filo. All game changers at their positions... a franchise QB would be nice too, but I don't think it was a coincidence we won last year with Hoyer at QB. Let other teams fight over the 3 QB's and take BPA. Why get the second or third best QB at #4 when you can have the best player, at their position instead. Personally, I believe Watkins and Evans are about equal value for a 2WR, two different styles of play but both would be elite 2WR (since we have Gordon). I think building a "TEAM FIRST", then finding "their guy at QB" whether its now or next year is the route to take. -
FS Calvin Pryor drawing comparisons to Kam ChancellorWe have to find a way to draft this guy, maybe if we trade down.
Sweet jesus, this guy can lay the wood and break up the pass.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1957539-why-calvin-pryor-is-a-first-round-safety-in-todays-nfl
I know everyone wants all of these offensive weapons but we need to draft the BEST players... I think Calvin Pryor is one of them. Good post.
-
Pluto Article on QBOkay this is kind of off topic but he was a former #1 pick. I was reading Evan Silva's (Rotoworld) tweets about Sam Bradford and the Browns. He was asking for Browns fan input on whether or not as a fan you would be happy if Cleveland traded a 3rd round pick for Sam Bradford and his $14.15mil contract. If you were to pick a QB in the draft with your #4 pick you could get (Carr or Manziel or Bortles or Bridgewater) + $7mil in future cap space (compared to Bradfords salary). What do you do? I just want to get some input from everyone
-
Browns should draft QBs...You need 2 QB's on any given team, but you don't have to draft 5 of them lol. I like the approach of drafting Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel with the 4th pick and then follow that up by getting Jimmy Garoppolo in the 3 or 4th round.
-
Mel Kiper NFL Mock 1.0Manziel coming in at #1... interesting. I'm at work and ESPN is blocked or I'd put up the player comments, maybe when I get off
-
Mel Kiper NFL Mock 1.01. QB, Johnny Manziel - Houston
2. OT, Jake Matthews - St. Louis via Wash
3. DE, Jadeveon Clowney - Jax
4. QB, Blake Bortles - Cleveland
5. WR, Sammy Watkins - Oakland
6. OLB, Anthony Barr - Atlanta
7. OLB, Khalil Mack - Tampa Bay
8. QB, Teddy Twatwater - Minnesota
9. OT, Greg Robinson - Buffalo
10. CB, Justin Gilbert - Detroit
11. OT, Taylor Lewan - Tennessee
12. LB, C.J. Mosley - NYG
13. WR, Mike Evans - St. Louis
14. DT, Timmy Jernigan - Chichago
15. DT, Louis Nix III - Fag Steelers
16. TE, Eric Ebron - Baltimore
17. S, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Dallas
18. WR, Marquise Lee - NYJ
19. OT, Cyrus Kouandjio - Miami
20. OT, Zack Martin - Arizona
21. S, Calvin Pryor - Green Bay
22. WR, Calvin Benjamin - Philly
23. DE, Stephon Tuitt - Kansas City
24. CB, Darqueze Dennard - Cincy
25. CB, Bradley Roby - San Diego
26. RB, Carlos Hyde - Cleveland
27. OT, Antonio Richardson - New Orleans
28. WR, Brandin Cooks - Carolina
29. TE, Jace Amaro - New England
30. WR, Odell Beckham Jr. - San Fran
31. DE, Scott Crichton - Denver
32. WR, Allen Robinson - Seattle
-
Tressel?I don't believe he is in question for the job, but what he did with Youngstown State and how he changed it into a powerhouse during his time there is what Cleveland needs. He also resurrected the Buckeyes to a national title and other chances at titles. He gets Ohio football and would be excellent at coaching/preparing for opponents especially in Cleveland weather.
-
Trading up ...I don't believe we need to move up, but if a QB needy team like Minnesota moves up/threatens to move up to #2 then we might need to consider a trade if we want one of the 3 "bluechip" qb's
-
Let the Mock Drafts beginR1QB BLAKE BORTLESCENTRAL FLORIDAR1WR JORDAN MATTHEWSVANDERBILTR2G DAVID YANKEYSTANFORDR3CB MARCUS ROBERSONFLORIDAR3ILB CHRIS BORLANDWISCONSINR4RB CARLOS HYDEOHIO STATER4TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZIOWAR5S TERRENCE BROOKSFLORIDA STATER6RB JAMES WILDER JR.FLORIDA STATER7C COREY LINSLEYOHIO STATEwww.fanspeak.com/ontheclock
-
More perspective on the Chud FiringI'm not thrilled that it happen, nor was I rooting for it, but I'm okay with it at this point.
Yeah, they went through multiple QB's, RB's, other Players and so forth, but a lot of other Teams had to deal with player injuries as well.
My biggest concern was how we just flat out collapsed after the Bye.
Also, I was still seeing some freakin' Clock Management issues even in the last game of the Season.
At this point I have to agree with the FO - the Team to me looked worse and had seriously regressed throughout the Season.
Some of the ways we found to lose and the continual mistakes we kept making . . . something was just not working out.
Could Chud have turned things around?
Quite possibly, but I also think that we should have seen a better Season than we did.
Nailed it. Nothing upsets me more as a fan then terrible clock management. That's the shit you can control and should be able too, unlike injuries.
-
Kids give coaching advice to BrownsXxDaBuckeyexX said:
I want a different Youngstown boy coaching this team....Stoops.
I'll take either at this point! I have a friend who coaches at Boardman, he led his freshmen team who collectively were 1-13 last year to a 8-2 record. Hired
-
Kids give coaching advice to BrownsJT would change this team just like he did with Youngstown. But it will never happen
-
BortlesReminds me of Jake Locker with a slightly more accurate ball. I think his RB Storm Jobnson helps him create plays and play as well as he does. His speed is his biggest upside but in the nfl everyone is playing fast. I think he's more of a product of his environment then an elite talent capable of performing at a high level in the NFL. . Don't get me wrong he can play in the NFL but is he just another Jake Locker?
-
TRich Trade part duexIf we get a flop, then it wasn't a good trade. If we get just a solid NFL starter, then it's a steal. If we get a pro bowl caliber player, then it's a rape.
100% agree we still need to see, but we have the ammo for a QB or any talented player on the board. The rape comparison made me lol for about 2 min. good post
-
TRich Trade part duexDumb, Dumb, Dumb trade. Trent tied Jim Browns rookie rushing record with 9 TD's last season. What the fuck ever, spin it however you want, whatever makes you sleep better at night. The Browns sucked running the ball this year, not only did they suck but they were mad boring to watch try and run the ball. Obi, McGayhee, Wickerbasket and all the other crap that toted the ball were boring...
At least Richardson showed highlight material and was exciting to watch. Had they not traded Trent and instead just replaced Weeden with Hoyer before fucking everything up, we would probably have two more Probowlers in Richardson and Hoyer.
Just because they were boring to watch doesn't mean it was a bad trade. I didn't like the running game either this year, but it wouldn't have looked any better with TRich. It's called coaching and offensive game planning something we didn't have this year