This is seriously the worst organization in the NFL. From top to the bottom just an utterly dreadful organization. I feel for someone like Joe Thomas who has to endure such a thing.
brownsfan11
Posts
-
***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread*** -
Josh Gordon entering rehabGordon should not be released. At this point he isn't being paid as he is in breach so he can sit and ruin his life if he wishes as the Browns have supported him to no end. In ANY walk of life (if you're reading this JG) you will never and I do mean never find a more supportive employer than you have with the Cleveland Browns. In fact I don't think I have even heard of, in over 35 years, of any employer giving a person as many drug related chances as you have received with the organization. You should be entirely devoted to such a group as they have to you.
Still, back on topic, don't release him. If any team is interested in a trade the cost is simple - a first round pick and you get him. If not, no problem as the team loses nothing. We hold ALL the cards, no reason to release him, none.
-
***Official Browns @ Redskins Game Day Thread***He's a good young QB guys.... this kid has some serious poise under pressure and that can't be taught.
-
Josh Gordon entering rehabHas there ever been a bigger waste of talent? I mean, seriously I can't think of anyone in over 30 years. I have no issue with someone entering rehab of course as that takes courage in many cases (well... in some cases that is) but the fact he waited until the last minute speaks of something else happening behind closed doors. For example I could definitely see something taking place like the Browns testing (on their own) outside the league mandate, recognizing he was still using, and scurrying him away to rehab before the NFL caught on. In truth that makes a lot of sense to me given the timing.
Still though the question remains - has there ever been a bigger waste of talent after being given so many chances? I can't think of any.
-
Haden outHaden is a good CB but he, in no way, is a league top CB and that contract he earned was horrendous for the franchise. He isn't one of those ballhawk corners who are involved in every play be it thrown their way or not. Still, he is good but that contract he got just gives me shivers and forces me to shake my head everytime I remember it.
-
Draft TalkKeesler was one of the better QBs in CFB during his time at USC and came out and played very well in his first start. Why are people so fixated with the QB position and drafting one when we very well may have one here now? No idea what Keesler has done to earn so much ire as the guy has a good background and looked good this past weekend. I am excited to see what he can do when Gordon gets back and he has three good targets.
Our line is a mess though outside of LT. We may need to shore that up via this draft. Hopefully the Eagles start and continue to lose a lot to get another high pick.
-
***Official Browns @ Dolphins Game Day ThreadKeesler is playing well. Too bad the OC won't open the book up a bit to allow him to throw the ball down the field. This is exactly the type of thing we needed to see. Does he have NFL potential or not? If he continues to play like this he will definitely be worth the time.
-
Kessler isn't going to Suck as Bad as We ThinkI am actually really happy this took place as it will show us over the course of the season of this young QB will be worth the time to move forward with. This team wasn't headed to the playoffs and certainly wasn't going to come close to the SB so it's good to see what these young guys can do.
The guy was pretty damn amazing at USC and from all reports he is a very hard working young guy who comes early and stays late to both learn the system and also to ingratiate himself with his teammates. No reason at all this can't turn into the best thing to happen to this team this season as all McCown would have done was win a couple (at most) games and not let us know anything about how Keesler would have done in a game situation. Now we will see first hand and will know how to approach this years draft. This is a good thing in my eyes.
-
***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***The thing about Wentz that impressed me was I don't think he forced one single pass, not one. He took his sacks when he had nothing else, didn't force any balls and put a really nice touch on a few passes. Obviously it's just one game but Eagles fans are probably very pleased with what they saw.
-
***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***Yeah Wentz made us look stupid with our decision today for sure. RG really looked bad, awfully bad at that. Skittish in the pocket but, worse yet, he takes SO long to get rid of the football.
-
***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***Nassib was the lone bright spot but dear lord did RG3 look bad back there.
-
Lifelong USC fan, now Browns fanKessler put up really good numbers at USC, has a good arm, is accurate. I don't think anyone should really be that upset considering he was a third round pick. No real risk in this pick at all and it could pay huge dividends if it works out. I am pleased with the pick.
-
2 x 1st rounders and 2 x 2nd rounders in 2017I really like that we picked up extra early round picks for next season but, honestly, I am also sick of this narrative that we continue to see. We keep getting extra picks and none of them are translating into anything for this team in a positive way. It's long past time that these draft picks turn into actually viable players and wins on the field. Christ..... it's LONG past time.
-
Draft Day 1 ThoughtsHere is a highlight video of Coleman you guys may enjoy:
I did some research as I was curious as how his combine matched up with Eric Metcalf who was touted as a speedster out of Texas. Unfortunately I couldn't find the numbers for comparison but in terms of dash Metcalf was faster but Coleman seems to have a higher vertical. Obviously it is wishful thinking but, at the same time, it is nice to have a speedy WR/PR again. Hopefully that translates into production on the field.
-
Draft Day 1 ThoughtsRamsey seems to have a good skill set but some awful hands.
-
Draft Day 1 ThoughtsThanks Booking.com for allowing us to have an interview with a player.
-
Draft Day 1 ThoughtsThe look on Gruden's face when the "expert" Kiper talks is priceless.
-
Draft Day 1 ThoughtsGood pick by the Chargers. Sucks for Bosa going to that team. Ah well, he will make a bundle for going 3 at least.
-
RG3 Signs with the BrownsLow risk, not much spent, big upside. Great signing. They look brilliant if it works out and if it doesn't they didn't lose much. I prefer this to wasting an early 1st rounder on those two QBs in the draft.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielWe need a QB guys. I would absolutely love to bring in a lineman (especially if Thomas leaves) but, at this point, we are basically running a no show behind center so we really need to get that situation workable. I have to think we go Goff if he has a good combine.
I was really hoping Manzeil worked out so we didn't have to go this route as it will set us back even further but it just doesn't look like JM is going to either be with us or be sober enough to play at a high level. It's really unfortunate as he certainly showed some flashes of potentially being good.