True that. +1
fuck twitter and fuck your site..
Thanks for the bump/new sig... and I'll never go to a mall again.
True that. +1
fuck twitter and fuck your site..
Thanks for the bump/new sig... and I'll never go to a mall again.
OK, there certainly can be some use of twitter....like "Breaking news, Browns trade Seneca Wallace for Tom Brady...see full story on Cleveland.com". The problem is that it seems a lot of time what is put on twitter IS the full story....and it is nothing.
(and to be honest with you, the most boring thing I can think of are player interviews, on radio or TV. They are usually boring, cliche ridden snoozefests)
Yes, I understand there is a lot of garbage out on the internet. That's why I made the site though. It filters out the garbage of non-Browns and even Browns tweets that are garbage. On a deeper level (for some like you) it filters player related tweets outside of the legitimate writers. I'm a die hard fan, anything regarding my team is exciting. Especially in the off season... That is what this site is more geared toward. For those who can't get enough of the Browns or whatever team you are faithful of. I understand everyone spends their time a little differently, so this is for a certain type of fan.
Twitter is becoming one of the biggest sources of breaking news. It gets it before CNN/CNBC/ESPN/NFL/etc in many cases. Its just a matter of how quickly it becomes viral and following the right people. It can be hard to see some of the inner workings and "good" sides of twitter for those who don't use twitter. When I refer to breaking news, I'm referring legitimate breaking news. The twitter feeds on my site for Broncos,49ers, and Titans were all announcing Manning's decision WELL before ESPN popped it on the screen and especially before anyone had the time to write an article, let alone think about what to write. I'm talking about the couple days before his official announcement and it was leaked that he would be choosing Denver.
Anyways, each to his own, I understand it's not for everyone. Thanks for checking out the site though and thank you for the feedback. If down the line there is some upcoming news to be released on the Browns you are very excited about, keep in mind our site. Hopefully the beat writers will be the first to break it for you.
Regards.
I like the site, I'll be visiting frequently. Nice job
Thanks, appreciate it. Please pass it along if you do. Also, let me know if you have suggestions down the road, or feel certain accounts should or should not be represented on the feeds.
My post is my comment about what I think of twitter as a medium. I believe that one can rarely make an insightful or cogent comment about any subject in just 140 characters.
(e.g....what I just posted above is over 170 characters. It would have to be edited for twitter. Twitter to me is for like, teenage girls, like ya know)
Ahh, I see where you are coming from. Yes, unfortunately twitter is abused a lot in most senses. That is part of the reason for building the site... I could have my team twitter accounts only. On top of that I have them organized into different section. Players tweets vs. writer tweets vs. blogger tweets all give a very different insight, so I felt they should be separated. Players column gives a good insight into inside the organization, writers is good for the rumors and breaking news, and bloggers is more of a theory discussion type of place.
Rather either of us like it or not, twitter is becoming the fastest form of breaking news and quickest way to spread news across a wide base. I just made it so at least I can focus on my true love (football) and can even separate out some of that less insightful mess (player tweets).
@mike-h said:
@BigHoagowski
Me
Haha, thanks Hoag. I'll put you on the "maybe" list for now. If you start breaking news I'll throw you in right away!
Here are my thoughts about your tweety bird site:
...thanks. I'll take it you don't care to follow browns beat writers and have nothing to offer then?
Anyone else? I also have @andy_baskin in the maybe column. He doesn't seem to focus on the browns that much, but its off season. I'm considering adding him when season gets back and maybe he'll be more on track.
Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays browns related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players and enough bloggers, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers.
Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.
The only good writers I've found so far are:
@jamisonhensley
@marykaycabot
@twithersAP
@cdotcombrowns
@dmansworldpd
@nateulrichABJ
@THEOBR
@espncleveland
@ruiterwrongFan
@scottpetrak
@tonygrossi
@viccarucci
The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: Browns Tweeter I'd appreciate any feedback on the site as well.
Any other writers besides the ones I'm using that you guys feels are worth adding?
Thanks again!
My bracket got absolutely busted so quick. I had Mizzou going to the finals... not even watching anymore. Mess of a year, makes it exciting though.
Sad to see him go. He was a great player and will be remember for generations. Thoroughly dislike the stoolers, but had respect for ward. Bummer for him that all the manning news overshadowed his presser.
I think Flynn was the answer and thats who FO should have gone after. Def. not Tebow.. maybe someone in the draft?
Mitt and Ron know the most about the economy/economics. The economy is the issue. Ron Paul is just a little too out there for the everyday voter.
How is anything unfair to "Illegal" aliens?
The issue with the shooter is that he followed the kid around. He told dispatch he was following him around, and dispatch said he didn't need to do that. After continuing to follow him, he shot... a kid. Lock him up.