I agree that Mangini deserves a bit more time = though whille I'd prefer just good no nonsense football, if trick plays is what it takes to get wins right now, they can have the tackles throw the ball for all I care.
But it seems like Tony has a short memory... Mangini may have inherited Quinn and Anderson but it was HIS choice as Coach and defacto GM to decide to go with them and not go out and sign a veteran QB - or use the 5th pick on someone, oh, I don't know, like Mark Sanchez.
Personally I would jave liked to have Sanchez as our QB but it was Mangini's choice to give him to the Jets. I think it's only becuase Mangini made the bonehead move of signing Gholston at #6 the year before that he didn't have the 'nads to actually sign a franchise QB when he had the chance at #5.
So I'm not willing to just give Mangini a pass and say that the lack of a QB wasn't his fault. He had an opportunity to improve that position and chose not to.
That being said, Holmgren didn't exactly wow me with how he handled QB either. He could have signed McNabb but chose not to... or traded for Kolb or Vick or done something else to improve QB - and like Mangini chose not to do so. I'm not going to buy into any revisionist history of those who say their plan all along was to grab Colt McCoy - but I do hope we get lucky on that one... God knows we're due for some luck (good luck that is.)
So give Mangini til the end of the season - see if he's improved over a 5 win team. If he hasn't made this at LEAST a mediocre team rather than a bad one after two drafts and two opportunities through free agency and trades, I'd hope Holmgren would look to upgrade the coaching position as well as player positions.