LOL. That's all.
Buffalo Bills Bag Head
Posts
-
Thank you. -
GAMEDAY Thread 10/11 Vs BuffaloBeast mode on the field Marshawn, not off.
-
GAMEDAY Thread 10/11 Vs Buffalo3 to 3 tie. It could of been 0 to 0 tie. Shit how does that work?
Only in Buffalo.
The Raiders were able to score 7 on one of the best NFL defenses.
We can't even score 7 on one of the worst NFL defenses.
-
GAMEDAY Thread 10/11 Vs BuffaloIf someone isn't careful, they might win the game.
-
Buffalo Bills: What to look for in week 5Damn dude, sounds like a word-for-word of Brady Quinn in your description of Edwards.
And Jauron sucks. I'll never understand how that guy keeps getting jobs.
I think the game today will be a matter of who sucks less.
I was meaning to make a post and ask Browns fan's about Quinn. I only got to see the highlights of him when he was playing in the season opener and that fumble he lost looked similar to our ex starting QB JP Loserman...rrrr Losman.
The fan base currently is only at about 30% of Trent Edwards that believes he is still our "QB of the future!". The rest feel he is another bust QB in the long line after Jim Kelly.
How does your fanbase feel about Quinn? (If I had to guess I'd say it's about the same, but Quinn hasn't had much playing time at compared to Edwards who was in the same draft)
-
Keys to Victory This Week...If I am not mistaken, the Bill's O-line has two rookies on the inside and two second string tackles starting. All four combined, have less starts than the centre who is facing one of the scariest DT's in the game.
The blitzes are going to come from everywhere and hopefully Ryan moves some of our key linebackers around to keep everyone confused. The last thing we want is for Edwards to have time to get in sync with Owens and Evans.
You're right about our o-line.
As I posted in the other thread, Trent struggles tremendously with the 3-4 defense and he has yet to get in sync this year with TO/Evans.
Blitzes should pressure Trent very nice and the only thing you have to worry about here is if he checks it downright away. (No one can checkdown like Trent)
-
Buffalo Bills: What to look for in week 5I've been watching the Bills ever since about 97ish and know our franchise pretty well and how we come to play. As of late I heard a quote in which I can't recall the ESPN analyst I heard say this but it sums up the Bills quite well.
"We're hard to play, but easy to beat."
Week 1 we lost yet another MNF heartbreaker, week 2 put away the Bucs after they almost fought their way back in, lost to the Saints after being gashed in the run game week 3, and were embarrassed on the road in week 4 against our division rivals.
Dick Jauron is the little engine that can't. "Play not to lose". That's his coaching motto. I don't remember the last time we blew out a team after completely outplaying them 4 quarters and our bend but don't break defense is something that's worn out it's welcome in many Bills fans eyes. He is a completely below average to horrible coach. As his three consecutive 7-9 seasons would indicate. Not to mention his 2-23 something record against WINNING ball clubs. It's downright pathetic. I don't expect anything different when we host the Browns week 5.
Quite honestly I don't know what to expect or hope for in this game in terms of who will come out victorious. I post on both message boards and like always fans are confident in their team easily taking care of the other one. I don't have the knowledge of your Browns (although I have been following them sorta and I've got nothin but love for the team/fans) so I'll give you a summary of our team and what to look for on gameday.
Trent Edwards: It's now becoming known nationally of how he plays. Scared. No balls. Fans around WNY refer to him as "Captain Checkdown" and quite honestly it couldn't be any more fitting. When he started on MNF last year he completed 10 passes to Marshawn Lynch. Our next WR had 3 catches and the rest only had 1 catch. Nothing much has changed from last year despite having two playmaking WRs in Lee Evans/TO. His favorite checkdown target is Freddie Jackson leading the team in 22 receptions. Josh Reed (our slot WR) is next on the list. He is taking a TON of criticism so I expect him to try and get it to Evans/TO early. The good news for Browns fans, Trent can't read a 3-4 defense to save his life. He had three INTs on MNF and it was almost comical. I was in attendance for that game and the amount of times he could have taken a shot he didn't. He checked it down and refuse to throw to single coverage or sometimes even wide open coverage. I expect at least 1...maybe 2 INTs to come against your defense tomorrow. Trent has NEVER played flawlessly against a 3-4.
Freddie Jackson/Marshawn Lynch: As of right now Jackson is arguably the most talented player on our offense. An AFC version of Brian Westbrook, the man is running it well out of the backfield and leading the team in receptions. With Marshawn Lynch coming back last week against the dolphins he only had 1 less touch than Jackson running the ball. He looked VERY rusty and like our old RB who would dance around way to much, Willis McGayhee. It is a nice 1-2 punch combo that hasn't been used to it's full potential. Look for Jackson/Lynch to be the majority of our offensive production.
Owens/Evans/Reed/Nelson/Fine/etc: Our WRs haven't lived up to their expectations in Buffalo according to most fans, but then again our QB isn't giving them many opportunities to make a play. Each week there has been more pressure to "get the ball to TO!!! and Evans" and this week will be interesting to watch. Yes, the Browns don't have the strongest defense in the NFL but Trent still has to be successful against a 3-4 defense. I expect the safer route to be taken and instead of coming out guns a blazing they'll rely on the more conservative ground game attack instead of airing it out to start.
O-line: Our LT Bell is coming back. Not that it matters. He is a penalty machine and was manhandled on MNF. But, it was his first start. He does show some promise though and is better than any option we have on our current roster for LT. Our 2 guards have been quite solid for the year for the most part. When push comes to shove, our line is anything but perfect. Expect a few sacks tomorrow which should put the pressure on Trent even more throwing against the 3-4.
D-line: Our 1st round pick Aaron Maybin is so far invisible. The holdout hurt him enough, and on draft day I was rooting for any DE but him. I wanted Orakpo. Oh well! We've had a decent pass rush but I can't say the same thing for our run D. I expect MAYBE a sack or two, but I think Joe Thomas will have his way with Schobel (He only seems to come to play vs Brady anyway)
LBs: Posluszny is out. Mitchell is at MLB now. He makes about one big play a game...usually. The rest of the game he appears to be out of position and a nonfactor. Ellison shouldn't be starting and they've moved a rookie LB I believe (Palmer?) to play. We even said we're looking for a spark on D. I just don't know if it'll blow up in our face.
DBs: Donte Whitner is out. Leodis McKelvin is out. Byant Scott is out. Byrd (our rookie CB that was convert to FS) is probable along with or #1 CB Mcgee. I've even read reports that our LB Harris (he played SS with the Sooners) might play back at safety since our Safeties are so decimated. We're so tricky with position changes!
So there you have it. I'd be happy to try and answer any other questions fans may have with what to expect.
-
Everyone Ready To Go 0-5 ??I wouldn't write DA off totally. Our defense is decimated with injuries.
Also, our tampa cover-2 allows a lot of QBs the ability to put up big numbers, just not big plays.
Byron Leftwich (Yes, that same one from TB) put up 298 yards and 3 TDs.
Not to mention when we finally figured out how to slow down the hottest QB in the league with Drew Brees in that week, we obviously forgot to focus on the run game as we were torn apart on the ground.
-
Please, beat us.Sorry man. T.O is a idiot. WTF was you guys thinking signing him?
I like you fans because we share alot of the same pain. besides you losing the superbowl 4 years in a row and the browns never even close to getting there, but if we did we would have lost 4 in a row just like you because that is our luck
So here is to us kicking your asses, this is probably the best chance for a win for us.
Russ Brandon is our PR guy. When Marv Levy left as GM he appointed Russ to his spot. Unfortunately Russ knows nothing about actual football except how to market a piece of garbage to the fanbase so he went out and brought in BIGGEST free agent name we've had since...jeez, maybe Bledsoe?
Fans of course ate it up and bought a TON of season tickets after and forgot all about how Jauron had an 8% approval rating at the end of last season.
Going back to TO though, here's a great video:
-
Please, beat us.Sure we will do that for you. And we are also going to break T.O's neck. Im sure you will like that too.
Actually for the most part Bills fans feel sorry for TO. Aside from a few dropped short passes everyone sympathizing with him not being utilized in our offense the way he normally is. We're also crossing our fingers that he blows up on our HC, but there is a fear that he has been "Jauronasized" into just talking conservatively at the press conferences.
-
Please, beat us.I don't think our HC could stand another blowout loss (especially at home) so if that's what it takes for him to be canned I'm all for it.
-
Please, beat us.In all seriousness, how do Browns fans like their chances of a win on Sunday?
I haven't been following the Browns really except for when ESPN is bashing the bottom tier teams of the league. Well, bashing Mangini really.
-
Please, beat us.Our current coach's approval is a league low of 3%.
After three consecutive 7-9 seasons he was allowed to return for a 4th season. Dick Jauron is the little engine that can't.
Buffalo is stuck in a mediocre decade and we need to hit absolute rock bottom before we can change.
Please, stomp us into the ground.