Tough crowd...not even a "troll" response???
Buflevelando_78
Posts
-
If you could be the GM of NFL team this year... -
If you could be the GM of NFL team this year...Who would it be?
Yes, I'm a Bills fan, but I am also a Browns fans as I'm originally from Cleveland (moved to Buffalo b4 I knew what football was <---built in excuse). Anyway, I'm much more excited about the Browns off-season, FA, and draft this year. With 10 picks and a butt load of cash, the first year of the Pettine era will get us off the porch and running with the big dogs!
Admittedly, I don't know much in the area of needs for the Browns outside QB, RB, and WR. Yeah, DQ is gone, but is there a succession plan in place...does he have an understudy that can plug and play? How about DE? TJ Ward may be out too, so there's a need for a safety.
Just get Mack locked up so you can concentrate on other things.
Don't break the bank on another CB. Don't want any impact on future decisions by our #1 guy. There's a fist full of guys that can come in and play at a high level.
Now, there's a lot of speculation about the Byrd man as being a target. Personally, I think it'd be a great move. Cleveland can certainly afford it and he's still an ascending player. However, I believe there is a better chance than any media outlet has let on that the Bills want him back and the feeling is mutual...
At QB, Schaub is interesting to me. I really don't think Houston is going to pony up the $10M he's due and may release him. Now, I'm not saying he's the savior, as last season would indicate, but he'd be a great vet presence to push the competition with Hoyer and a day 2 draft selection. I'm thinking Garoppolo in rd. 2.
RB is a BIG need. Forget Tate. Don't overpay for the guy. I'd go foer Gereheart (sp). He's not a letteral type guy, but he can handle a big part of a 2 back load. Grab your speedy, outside guy in the draft.
WR...as I see it, this is a huge need. Gordon is BOSS, but you need someone on the other side of the field to take some attention away from him. A playmaker, not Decker or Nicks (too much $$ and attention away from Mr. G). A guy like Tate, or Roberts. They'll be a solid distraction while ya grab a big play threat in the draft. I know it;ll be hard to pass up Clowney, Mack or a QB @ 4, but Wtkins is a special talent...imagine a WR Cor of Gordon, Watkins & Tate/Roberts with Cameron in the middle of it all...
Reily, McClain and Spikes are all interesting prospects for the middle of the D and if not Byrd, ya still have a shot with Ward and Delmas is still out there too.
Adding a guy like Houston to the DL would be awesome as well.
Onto the draft...OHHHH the possibilities that 10 picks hold! Even after FA, I don't see the big board in Cleveland changing all that much.
1(a) Watkins WR - Big time threat, no one can double Gordon and with a FA signing like Tate/Roberts, you're looking at one of the best Trio's of WR in the NFL eventually.
1b Carr QB - Per initial reports, Carr is favored by Cleveland, and here he is. I'd rather take Garoppolo given the fact he's played in a similar climate and, to me, there's little difference in skill set. I think they're both day 2 picks, but some have Carr as a possible late 1st. So, I'll go with Carr, regardles if the "favor" is a smoke screen.
2 - Sankey RB - Kids measurables are impressive. Good lateral back that'll be the other side of the change of pace duo with Gereheart (sp).
3(a) Attaochou OLB - Raw, but a very talented pass rusher who could become the steal of the draft
3b Clarke DE - Again, raw, but this kids got great size and he put on a show Sr. week
4(a) Bitonio OL - A starting OG in round 4, yes please! Dominating run blocker and can hold his own in pass protection
4b McCullers DT - A mountain of a young man. excellent rotational player that adds to an exhisting strength
5 Brown ILB - This guy is built like a bowling ball. Tough as nails and has some pretty damn good lateral quickness for a 250 pounder.
6 & 7 can be special teamers and depth at other areas of need.
All in all, I fully expect an exciting FA and draft out of Cleveland. I really believe they are on the cusp of becomming a very good football team. I can't wait to see what Pettine and O'Neil do with the D.
-
Browns V. BillsI'll bite. You havn't put 30 on anybody this year but you're going to against the Browns at home on primetime? EJ's gonna be running for his life with no run game.
Obviously I'm a bit of a homer...more like I want them to put up 30 and garner some attention rather than believing they will. I can see it, though...I think our D/ST will score this game, so 23 on O and 7 from D/ST. Is it really as far fetched as you think? If EJ will be running for his life, what do you think Hoyer will be doing without a run game?
If the Browns can establish the run and get favorable match ups for Cameron and Gordo, then it's a different story. Our D has proved to be pourous against the run until last week, albeit Baltimore abandoned the run after only 12 attempts.
If the Bills button it up and stop McGahee and get after Hoyer, it'll be a long day for him. Gordon won't see a #2 or #3 DB this week in Rogers if McKelvin is out there. Plus, Byrd is set to return to help out with Cameron.
Obviously it's all homerism heresay on either of our behalf, but when it comes down to it the better team, Buffalo, will prevail.
Ps. Putting up 30+ on Minnesota, with that putrid D, isn't very impressive...just sayn'
-
Browns V. BillsHey hey hey football fans!!!
*disclaimer* I'm a Bills fan...Browns are my #2 team...talk about a glutton for punishment, but misery loves company!
I am amped up for Thursday! Even if the Bills lose...IF...I probably won't be the unbearable bas*ard my wife has come to know and lover over the last decade of disappointment.
Anyway...Gotta give props to the way Cleveland is handling their binness! I really like the staff y'all have put together and the talent, like Buffalo, is coming around. Hayden is a blanket, Jackson is a manbeast, Cameron looks like a faster version of Gronk and Hoyer is, well...let's not go too far...TBD, but he did have the luxury of learning from one of the greats in *NE for a couple seasons! Turner is finally back where he belongs as an OC and I love Horton's D.
Ok, enough with inflating your collective egos...Here's how I see things shaking out (match-ups):
Coaching - I know nothing about Chuddy and from what I've seen of Marrone, @ 'Cuse and B-Lo, I have to say, I am excited about this guy. No edge here for lack of knowledge on the opponent.
SJ13 vs Haden - Haden is boss, but Stevie makes a habit of making shut down CB's look average. There's no doubt that he runs unconventional routes and gets open... a lot! He owned Revis, who pretty mutch shut down every receiver he ever faced. Even if Haden gets the best of him, Woods is no one to ignore on the other side of the ball. Also, looks as if there is a chance that Goodwyn plays...I don't think you guys are deep enough in your defensive backfield to handle the load. Edge here goes to the Bills, not Stevie individually, but like I said, your lack of depth will hurt.
Our running game vs. your front 7: Spiller/Jackson dual threat, banged up but still dangerous. Baltimore stacked 8, sometimes 9, in the box and we still gashed a top 5 run D for 200+. A couple of variables here...which version of Spiller shows up? Rookie that dances behind the lines and makes unnecessary moves, or the 2012 , 1 move and burst through the hole, version. Regardless, I have to give you guys the edge here, simply because your D is playing lights out. Also, how banged up are FredEx and Thriller...TBD.
Historically, the Bills have been anemic with covering TE's. Not this year, but we've not seen anyone close to the talent level of Cameron. This worries me, but let's see if Pettine has legit answer. BIG edge to Cleveland here.
Looks as if the Byrd-Man, in all his douchebaggishness, will finaly play and McKelvin should return, so I have no worries with the rest of your offense. Gordon is good...real good...but Mckelvin has stood on his head this year, which is a huge surprise and major bonus as in years past he's displayed ZERO ball skills. You have no running game, but McGahee may have a little extra umpf facing his former team.
Oh, I forgot Kiko Alonso...his reaction time is so fast, he's already intercepted Hoyer. The Spaniard will go Gladiator style on you!
Close call, but I see it as the Bills keeping up the pace and catching you guys out of position and off guard. Also, I just don't think you have enough offense to keep up.
Bills 30
Browns 24