I've concluded from my interactions with friends, co-workers, and people from all walks of life that the typical steelers fan from Ohio is usually a Michigan fan also. Most of these Steeler/Michigan fans have never even been to Pittsburgh or Ann Arbor, let alone to a game. The root of their allegiance seems to be hatred for all things Ohio. Usually these are self hating and angry people. We have two professional football teams in the state and consistently one of the top programs in the country for college football. I've questioned several of these Ohio native Pittsburg/Michigan fans about this and they usually have some dumb response such as "I just hate the Browns or Ohio State sucks." Anyone else who has observed this trend feel free to chime in.
Ran across this post while surfing for ohio steeler fans and could not resist responding. I grew up in a small town on the ohio-wv border. My hometown is only 30 minutes from Pittsburgh. I grew up primarily watching the Pirates and Steelers all the time. If you wanted to see a pro game it was much easier to zip right up to Three Rivers. The first pro baseball and football game I saw were both at Three Rivers so it was hard not to be a Steeler fan. Trust me though I hate Michigan with a passion, and I am a Buckeye having attended OSU myself. So there it is, I am a Steeler and a Buckeye and proud of it. Believe me there are more Steeler/Buckeye fans than you may realize and we are not all bandwagon jumpers. I have been a Steeler since attending my first game in 1971. Oh by the way, congrats on snapping the streak against us, your defense played lights-out.
How about this for a Jan.2 headline.................BUCKS ROASTS DUCKS!!!