Below is a post I made on October 29th. It made sense then and it makes sense now.
Just my opinion and wishful thinking
Below is a post I made on October 29th. It made sense then and it makes sense now.
Just my opinion and wishful thinking
In my opinion, what Cribbs needs to do is make the move to running back. It sounds strange, but when you look at the big picture it makes sense. First, as a wide receiver, Cribbs is garbage. His hands are suspect and he runs horrible routes. Secondly, with his combination of size (6-1,217.. the size of Adrian Peterson), speed, and how he runs, it makes sense. I am so tired of seeing slow ass Jamall Lewis tip toeing his way out of the backfield for 2 yard gains. I swear, I have never seen a player take so many steps to go absolutley nowhere. Seriously, who takes 56 steps to run for 2 yards on a HB Dive. I want a running back who will just hit the hole and go. Finally, the reason it makes sense to me is that Cribbs is our most dangerous weapon and he needs to touch the ball about 20 times a game. The WildDawg is a nice wrinkle, but it is way to predictable. Everyone knows that when we line up with Cribbs taking the snap he is going to run (with the exception of 1 pass against the Steelers). Using Cribbs as a running back gives us a solid break away threat at the position, which might just open up a couple more passing lanes.
Just my opinion and wishful thinking