Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
C

CGI_Ram

@CGI_Ram
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
14
Topics
0
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Tannehill At 4 ?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    Tannehill is an exciting prospect. If you watch him, he's got tools and shouldn't be discounted.

    That said; I don't see the Browns taking the chance.

    I think Richardson is the best fit.

    Anyway you slice it, however, you could make a case for; Richardson, Blackmon, and Claiborne.


  • Trade Down
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @cambridgeho said:

    Claiborne would be a solid pick. If we have no intentions on picking Blackmon and Trent, then we should trade with the Rams if they want number 4, however after the shananagains with Holmgren talking about the Griffin deal that the Rams hosed us because if the Shannahan ties, then we sure as hell wont trade them. So that leaves the Bucks or drop to 7, then we for sure will be Shit on with no weapons again, and will take Tannehill.

    The Rams won't come calling to trade up.

    If the Browns don't pick Richardson, the Rams gladly will. He is by far the best at his position in this draft, sick-sick player.

    Same with Claiborne.

    Fisher is a run first coach and play defense.

    The Rams are very happy at #6.


  • Holmgren's Promise
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @timpiker said:

    Holmgren is a pathetic old man taking money to sit on his butt and make excuses. His glory days are long gone and he's living on his past reputation.

    He definitely got schooled by Snead (Rams GM). Rams set a deadline and if Holmgren would have made his offer sooner RG3 would be in Cleveland. We wanted to trade with Cleveland... they had the more attractive offer if you factor in the 2012 picks.

    The other thing about Holmgren; his record as a coach is impressive. His record as a GM... 40-56.


  • Holmgren's Promise
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @browns57 said:

    I think we will have a great draft that will put us in really good position. I have a feeling that Heckert is going to trade down again. I am thinking with the Rams at 6. The Rams get the WR they need badly, and we get take Richardson at 6 and the Rams second round pick. Then we take the Best WR on the board at 22, an olineman, and a corner or LB in the second round. If we do that we could end up with 4 really good players.

    If we can pull this off then I think Holmgren could be right and we do finish with at least 7 wins.

    @thenew23 said:

    Wouldn't get a 2nd rounder to trade down to 6. We could only get a 2 or 3 if we went down to 7 or farther. This is why I'm not sold on trading down this time when Blackmon will probably be there at 4 and WR is our biggest need.

    I read a lot of Rams news... The Rams won't trade up. They like Richardson and Claiborne enough, if not more than Blackmon, honestly.

    In fact, its more likely they trade down because one of those two (or Blackmon) will garner interest.

    My 2 cents.


  • Kevin Kolb?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @harry-buffalo said:

    At least your not the RGIII (insert noun here) douchbags that have been popping up

    Yeah, I get their excitement, but not at the expense of Browns fans.

    I have almost 9,000 posts on my board and I know how forums work. Debate is fun... it can get tense. But, at the end of the day we are all sharing opinions.

    I've not joined an opposing team's board until this one. I find myself enamoured with the Browns since I started reading this board prior to the trade.

    Cheers.


  • Kevin Kolb?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Jesus, one trade that we didn't get and all teams involved invade our boards to what? Gloat I guess? I don't fucking know I just know there isn't any point in them being here.

    I like when opposing teams come to our board, so long as they do it respectfully.

    That's what I'm trying to do.

    I really wanted to trade with Cleveland. That's why I started reading your board. I guess I've found some common ground through the process, so I joined.

    I'm not here to kiss ass. But I'm not here to rub dirt either. Just here to talk football with a team from a similar place as my Rams.


  • Redskins Have Made A Deal?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I have seen plenty of writers out there who have said the Browns were smart in not making the trade, I have seen plenty of writers say that the Redskins would have just kept adding picks until the trade was made, and I have also seen plenty writers report that the Browns did offer 3 1st and a 2nd and were actually turned down because of your two teams buddy buddy shit. I am actually very happy we didn't make the trade, now we can get 4 great players with those picks like we have in the past two seasons and if McCoy doesn't show improvement we can pick from one of the 3 great QB's that are set to come out next season.

    My take on this debate; a Franchise type QB, with RG3's potential, is worth a lot. The Skins are taking a big risk, but they have the face for their franchise and I'm sure the fanbase is excited. Deservedly so.

    Cleveland moved too slow. RG3 was theirs for the taking and it would have been a HUGE shot in the arm for them (just like it is for the Redskins). I think they were too confident that time was on their side and misjudged the trade process in many aspects.

    At the same time, this isn't a killer for Cleveland. The defense is good. They keep some premium picks. I'm not sure how the QB position shakes out for the Browns, and 2012 is potentially another sketchy season, but pick up some pieces via the draft (last years draft was great) and find that QB somehow somewhere. Maybe Colt emerges? He's still a young guy and it takes time at this position.

    I like Cleveland and rooting for them.


  • Blackmon And Burfict
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @represent said:

    We're taking Blackmon at 4 get over it guys, stop scrambling to mock drafts, stop theorycrafting, stop praying for a miracle trade down for 25 picks.

    Richardson will be a hell of a player and help the QB too. I love this player! Seems like a good fit in Cleveland.

    Claiborne... Cleveland already has a good defense, but this guy is top 5 player and a standout at CB. My guess; Tampa takes him.

    I don't know which way the Browns will go, but they'll have some good players to choose from.


  • Kevin Kolb?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @tour2ma said:

    Let's spend a second for a 3rd string QB. Brilliant! Wait... maybe the Pats will deal Hoyer, their 2nd stringer for one of our 1's!

    Kudos to your FO for choosing Fischer and fleecing WSH, but poor us??? We'll be fine thank you. How about poor WSH?

    You better hope PM lands in Miami... personally my money's on SF or AZ.

    I didn't mean "poor us [Cleveland]". I truly do feel Cleveland is in a little bit of a bind at the QB position. It's going to be interesting to watch the pieces fall, Flynn, Manning etc.

    Regarding Washington; that was a lot to trade. While Sam Bradford didn't exactly impress last year, it feels good to have the QB position settled... so I understand why they did it. It's the hardest position to fill.

    My money on Peyton; Miami, Denver, SF in that order. I don't see AZ as that team is snake bit and doesn't have much cap space. But, your point is well taken; I dread the thought of of him in SF... I really like Manning and don't want to root against the guy.


  • Kevin Kolb?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @cambridgeho said:

    Give the Pats this years second for Ryan Mallet. Id rather have him than Kolb or Flynn.

    That's not a bad idea. I liked Mallet last year... and he's cheaper.

    Prior to his final year in college a lot of people had him rated as first round talent.


  • Kevin Kolb?
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    I really wanted the Rams to trade with Cleveland. Get RG3 out of the NFC.

    Now that Cleveland has missed out, it really puts this team in a bind. I am really SHOCKED they didn't work with the Rams to make this trade happen. In my opinion, the Rams set the market... Cleveland didn't think it was what the Rams said it was... then Washington came along and got busy. By the time Holmgren figured it out, it was too late.

    I would not be excited with Flynn. To me, he's another Kolb and/or Cassell coming from a great team and over valued.

    Kolb? He couldn't thrive on a pretty good offensive team in Arizona.

    That leaves Tannehill. I like him a lot. But... what happens to Miami is the kicker. If Miami misses out on Peyton and Flynn... then Tannehill is going top 10. Heck, Seattle may trade up for him.

    Again, I feel for Cleveland. What a bind.


  • Why Colt Will Be Our Qb In 2012
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @mayor-rgiii said:

    I can see them looking into trading up. I can't, however, see them giving up the 33rd overall pick to move up two spots to take a 6'1" WR--especially when it's very possible that he'll fall to them anyway. Not when they have as many holes as they do. Maybe they offer a 3rd rounder.

    I do not believe the Rams will trade up.

    If Claiborne falls; they say - okay, we can use him

    If Richardson falls; they say - okay, we can use him

    If Blackmon falls; they say - okay, we can use him

    On top of that I expect someone will want to trade up for one of those guys and I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down again.


  • Lets Move On
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @wj-brownfan said:

    I think the Rams would give up the 2nd rndr they just received to move back up to 4 to get Blackmon.

    I would take that in a second. Two 1sts and Two 2nds would rebuild the Browns very quickly.

    I would still give Colt a year. Let's be fair to him, he had no time to grow and lesser talents have become very good qb's.

    Take a QB next year in rnd one if necessary

    Giving a perspective (for what it's worth) following the Rams closely;

    They won't trade up for Blackmon. I think they like him, but I think they'll gladly take Claiborne or Richardson... and adding to that... I think they really-really like Richardson which might be a surprise to some.

    Not to mention, if someone comes calling for Richardson or Claiborne they may move down again.

    My 2 cents.


  • The Browns Will Never Win With Holmgren
    C CGI_Ram
    The Browns Board

    @b86b said:

    I think Holmgren's style might win, but Shurmurs won't. He has no creativity or innovation at all, it seems we are the most vanilla team in the league on both sides of the ball.

    I got to say, as a Rams fan, this sounds so much like our board when he was with us. I made these signatures back then and thought I'd share them with you guys;

    SHURMURS.jpg

    spagsandshurmurre.jpg

    shurmsig.jpg

    shurmpassyRRF3.jpg

    shurmurobvious.jpg

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate