Here goes: defensive lineman Kyle Anderson, defensive lineman Jabari Fletcher, defensive back Darian Hagan, wideout Johnathan Haggerty, defensiv back Brett Johnson, wideout Juan Nunez, kicker Jeff Wolfert, and quarterback Troy Weatherhead.
chrisP_chicken
Posts
-
8 Players Cut -
Browns Vs EaglesIn need of a link that'll work for iPhone
-
Free AgentsFor everybody begging for the FO to bring in a playmaking WR this year. Did we not draft Little? A playmaking receiver built perfectly for the WCO who has first round talent but slipped to the second due to his suspension and diva attitude?
WR is arguably the hardest position to come in and play as a rookie on a normal timetable, nevermind with as little preparation time as he's had due to the lockout. He's played 1 pre-season game and looked pretty damn good. To expect #1 receive type numbers this year is a longshot, but there is no denying this kid will be a very good NFL WR
-
Free AgentsFirst off those teams upgraded on paper. Since nobody has played a regular season game yet it's impossible to say who really improved.
Second, it's not being complacent. It's understanding of how to build a long lasting, consistent winner. Of the top teams in the NFL, how many got from the bottom and rose to the top by making key free agent signings (notice I didn't day "big name") and how many did so by hitting on numerous drafts and acquiring sure talent through the UDFA market.
We've been beating this horse for waaaaay too long now, so for all those doubters, I'll put out the same challenge to all of you that I put out before. Show me a superbowl champion in the last 10 years that built their core through FA. Yes new orleans made good signings in Brees and Vilma, but other than that you won't find one. The ravens were brought up, but their signings came after they were a very good team, and those players simply helped them get over the hump.
So please, show us complacent fools how to build a superbowl champion through the numerous examples I'm sure you'll find

-
Browns Release 1St Depth ChartDoes this make Robo our #1?
Maybe they see something that we dont. IMO: Robo at best would probably be a #2 or #3 on any playoff team.
Where is Little?
Everything I've heard has said Littles been getting first team snaps across from robo. By week 4 robo will be our #3 and cribbs #4 with momass and little grabbing the starter rolls, if momass is healthy that is
-
Browns 2012 Draftall I know about the 2012 draft as of right now, IMO. if we stink it up and are around the top 5, we need to trade the farm for Andrew Luck. I'm saying that solely based on what I've seen of last year and making a hopefully wrong assumption Colt doesn't show promise. Of course, many people (not me I might add) were sold on Jake Locker last year and you saw what happened. So who knows, i think it's way too early to think about this without watching the guys play
I agree about Luck. If we tank next year, it will be because of Colt not living up to our expectations (but that never happens to us....) in which case you do whatever possible to get him. That will be a boatload harder this coming year tho, based on the pure talent of the kid along with the new rookie wage scale making that top pick far less risky and expensive. That means a lot more teams willing to take that chance.
I also agree that a lot could change in a season, and many of the top prospects could completely fall off the radar and vice versa. Other than Minnifeild which has obvious sentimental value, my picks are mostly position based.
I should have said, with our first pick i hope we take the best available middle/strongside linebacker. Someone who can obviously stuff the run, but also has the ability to get after the QB, giving Dick more flexibility with his blitz packages.
Our second pick is still Minnifeild. If nothing else I know our defense is going to be special here soon and i just want him to be a part of it. How major is up to him.
With the second rounder I guess it depends on how our WR's pan out this year. I'm about 50/50 on whether we have a #2 wideout on our roster currently. If not we should take another tall, physical wr. I see this being a deep wr class, so there will be good options to play opposite Little.
There aren't any safeties with a first round grade on them right now, which could obviously change. But if either Lester or Armstrong are still on the board (or another unamed safety that could emerge) mid to late second, I would be ecstatic with that pick. If the safeties aren't worth the pick, best available end would be just as good.
We fill those holes, and I REALLY like how this team is looking. A couple more role players in free agency, and adding competitive depth with the later picks and not only do we have talent at every position on our roster, but young talent, with depth at more positions than I've ever seen this team have.
And yes, this is based on my assumption that colt succeeds in his sophomore year, leaving us at about a 7-9 9-7 record which I know is far from a given
-
Browns 2012 DraftI'd like to see zontaze burfict, then minnifeild, then sanu for our second.
Trade our 3rd and one of our 4ths to get back in the second to take ray-ray Armstrong
Rounds 4-5 Id like to see a burner rb, like 4.35 or slightly slower, another smaller, athletic, undersized d-end
Then 6-7 are more fill spots depending on what we don't grab in free agency
-
Edwards To The NinersI didn't know they still had church during football season......
-
Who Will Be OutSeattle, Chicago, colts, chiefs and squeelers
-
Nfl To Being Testing For HghFor all we know, everybody's on something. The cheaters are so far ahead of the testers it's like a game of cat and mouse where the cat's Retarded. One n a while the mouse might mess up or get over confident and get caught, but for the most part they're running free to do as they will
-
Browns CoverageWrong. Historically, the Browns are one of the greatest teams with one of the largest fan bases..
this is true. The browns are known to have not only one of the most dedicated fan bases (you kind of have to after all the heartbreak over the last 50+ years) but one of the most broad fanbases, with strong contingents not only through the US but also in eastern Canada and places in Europe where they understand what TRUE football is
-
Elam To DallasFujita speaks pretty highly of Youngs athletisism, toughness, ball skills, and pure ability to play. Not sure about you guys but that works for me.
Plus we still have Adams who is an above average, if only slightly above average, backup safety that can also play in the slot on dime packages if skrine isn't ready yet.
Patterson while not top caliber by any means is an upgrade over how Eric wrong played last season, if nothing else he'll at least TRY and put a helmet on someone to support the run game which you need out of your slot corners.
I don't mind how our secondary is shaping up at all. It'll all depend on our pass rush. Even the best of secondary's get lit up when you give the qb 4+ seconds to pass
-
Browns CoverageWas reading this thread while watching the NFL network and for the first time saw coverage on the Browns. Mike Mayock says he's very impressed with the young core nucleus of the team, especially the offensive line (obviously) and our secondary.
Talked about Holgrems vested interest in Little, as he's the one who pushed for him to be drafted. Mayock called him a diva, but a diva with serious talent. Says he's been dropping a few passes in practice but that's to be expected from a rookie receiver who sat last season.
Called Rubin a very underrated d lineman and that Taylor had showed up to camp in great shape and is moving terrific, especially for a man his size.
Also commented that while our offense isn't on the level of a lot of NFL teams, all signs point to this offense being very talented in the near future.
All n all i like what I heard from one of the guys I respect the most on the network. Great piece.
-
Jordan NorwoodWord is this kids been turning some heads in camp. Not overly big, not overly fast, but he does have above average hands, and has been doing a great job creating separation due to his high level of football IQ and highly polished rout running skills. Old man was the DB coach at penn state where he played, probably accounting for his football smarts. Would have gotten a lot more recognition coming out of college if he wasn't stuck behind Derrick Williams and Deon Butler for his whole career.
Not saying this kids going to put up gaudy numbers, but I could definitely see him playing a decent role for us in the slot this year. Means a lot less playtime for whoever fails to prove they can play the number 2 role, as I see little being groomed into the #1 slot. Even if not I like the competitiveness this kids bringing.
For those guys watching camp, has anybody else been standing out? I think we're due for a few undrafted FA's to make an impact this year
-
Rodgers And TatupaWhat's the story with Tatupa and his substance problems? Carroll was his coach at USC so it makes me wonder and think that there must be something wrong if Pete was willing to let him go like that. I don't know any details just read a few things.
Reason for tatupu's release was the team wanted to restructure his contract and weren't able to, more than likely to free up extra cap space. His contract made him one of the top 6 payed linebackers in the NFL and his numbers definitely did not show that.
And what's this talk about injury concerns with him? Missed one season in 2009 due to a torn pectoral I do believe and other than that he's never had a serious injury in his NFL or college career.
Would love to see both guys as they would add nice depth to our most depleted positions, but I have a feeling Rodgers is going to command more money and a longer term than we want to give a #2 corner at this point
-
Browns Trade For Offensive LinemanHillis-iz-Boss said:
So you just put someone in there on the first offensive play for him and then let him play the rest of the game, officially making him not a starter.
I like how you think.... Care to do my taxes? Lol
-
Lofa Tatupu Released By SeattleSo sub gocong for fujita
Am I incorrect in assuming that they would be our strongside linebackers tho? And Jackson while being more of a natural middle linebacker might be better suited on the weakside?
By far I'm more familiar with the 3-4, so any posts on where our boys fit in this new system and why would be appreciated
-
Lofa Tatupu Released By SeattleHmmm i don't mind the sounds of that. Allow d Jackson to slide to WLB where he can utilize his speed, tatupu in the middle, gocong on the strong side? Fujita and maiava* (spelling) as our two sub in guys?
-
Injuries Mounting- AlreadyThe thing that is extra frustrating is that I keep hearing browns fans state that a team like us doesnt need Free Agents, cuz we aren't on the cusp, But last season we played a tough schedule and where in alot of the games we lost. This season I was expecting us to sign some depth and maybe some veterans to fill some holes on are roster. We have a much easier schedule than last season, So is heckert and holmgren trying to get a high draft pick? Its gonna be tough for us to beat the bengals for that top pick if that is there plan!
To think any team doesn't need FA's is ridiculous. That being said there's a difference between filling holes with free agency and dishing out long term contracts and big money for the top FA's.
Before the lockout ended a thread came up about peoples wishlists, and so many people had one of the top 5 players from each position. Not only is this highly unrealistic, it's counter productive.
Yes our receivers are slow, but does anybody here know for fact how they will be able to produce with a better offensive system and more consistent qb play? No, because it is impossible to.
So instead of signing a sims-walker or rice, why dont we evaluate what we have, and if all of them prove to be lacking in whatever way and they don't cut it, cut them. Trade them. Don't resign them. But don't make hasty moves based on a limited timeframe with the least wr offensive coordinator I have seen in any level of football, Canadian or American.
Do I think we need to sign depth players on defense? Absolutely. Do I think we should have signed a madden equivalency of a 80-85 rated defensive end and a solid nickel corner? Yup. Do I think Tom Heckert knows more about football than all of the posters on this board combined? Yessum.
It's ok to wine. It's ok to criticize? AbsoF***inglutely. Just do it intelligently people. That's all I ask
-
Browns Trade For Offensive Lineman