Think he was drafted way too high.
cmac12
Posts
-
#2 pick TJ Ward - Why?? -
Lets Make sense of this draft pleaseWhy draft him in the second round when you can have him in the third round for less money.
-
GOTEM!!!!!Good Pick and at great Value. I really question the DB from Oregon in the early second round though. I think Colt will learn well and be starting by season 3.
-
Colt McCoy to visit BrownsI think this would be a good pick up. He played in a good league against good competition. Let him sit a few years and learn from a veteran and I think he could turn out to be a good pickup. Not sure I would package anything to get him in the first round though. I have many more concerns on whether or not Jake can turn his career around.
-
Do any of you care about DA/Quinn?I will be curious on how both do. I will be more curious on how Jake does without Steve Smith. I wanted the Browns to get a veteran, but was hoping for a veteran that was not interception prone.
-
No QB Competition Next YearBoth QBs have not shown that they should be the starter next year. Bring in a veteran to start and keep BQ as a back up because he is more affordable. Only way I would start DA or BQ is if there is no other choice.
-
Finding a new quarterbackWining in College does not mean you win in the Pros. But using Peyton Manning is using an exception not a rule. That is no different than using Tom Brady as an example of what a 6th round pick can give you.
I didn't read the article but I seem to recall something like half the QBs are from the first round and the other half are from all other rounds. It is kind of a no brainer that people picked in the first round generally are better than those picked later. The question for the Browns would be if this is the time to go after a franchise QB, maybe if Bradford drops but otherwise no way. Bring in a veteran to START and keep BQ as the backup since he is the more affordable bad QB on the roster.
-
Possible teams for Quinn/DAI hope so. And since he is not splitting the duties he might very well be a very good front office person. I agree that it is difficult to do both. What I want to see is him make some good front office decisions. I am just saying I will let him prove it.
As far as the QBs, DA is too expensive for what he gives and BQ is not any good but he is affordable as a back up QB. DA is not any good and he is expensive as a back up.
I like DA but he has proven to be unproductive on a consistent basis. BQ has proven to be injury prone and inconsistent also. Neither QB was good this year but the few good games done buy the QB were done mainly by BQ.
I really like the way the defense played this year, far better than the stats give them credit for.
-
Possible teams for Quinn/DAThey both suck!!!!
Last I saw Holmgren was not going to be the coach next season. He is going to be the president. Why does everybody think that just because the president ran a WCO when he coached that the Browns will be doing the same.
And speaking of that, you do know that when Holmgren was president - coach of the Seahawks they totally sucked. When he gave up front office duties the Seahawks were good and he left them in a big pile of crap when he left. Why oh why is he the savior? I say prove it before I jump on the he knows all band wagon.
What has he done to prove he is a great front office person? Coach yea, but front office person I will need to see it to believe it.
-
Anderson engineered another winStill too expensive to be on the team next year. Maybe if he reworks contract. I find it more likely that he will rework his contract on a trade or just get cut.
I think DA is better than BQ but BQ is paid like the backup he is and DA is not paid like the backup that he is.
Need more than 88 yards out of your QB, especially when there were long passes available to be completed yesterday and DA left them on the table. I know weather sucked but if that is your strong point you must be able to do it. And that interception he threw at the 20 yard line killed a good drive.
-
Does Mangini really deserve another season?I agree that the players are playing hard for him. And you really have to look at it, the Browns have won 3 games with no QB play of any kind. The players have not given up and that is a sign that the players buy into the coach. Holmgren isnt going to be the coach next year so why would the players be playing hard for him?
The coach has done enough to show he deserves another year, the OC, well maybe not. But the defense has for sure improved so you need to keep Ryan. Bring in a good class of rookies and free agents and get a QB that can remotely play the game and the Browns will be competitive.
-
Great Win orchestrated by Derek AndersonAnd total number of games compared to each other was what?
Going into their third seasons BQ and DA had almost identical stats and games played. DAs third season was his one and only good season and BQs third season, well he still sucks and is waiting for his good season to come along. And for all that working out he does you would think that he would be a little tougher.
Need a new QB, enough said.
-
Great Win orchestrated by Derek AndersonAnd who is it that is riding DAs cock and who on this roster could you possibly call the real deal at QB?
I do agree not to draft a QB this season, just go sign one. Almost any QB you sign will be an improvement on what the Browns have put out there the last two seasons.
I am good with everybody saying DA is not any good, but neither is BQ. So I don't think that anybody is missing out on the possible future of the Browns QB position as long as they are not looking on the current roster for the answer. Hell go get dennis dixon off the 3rd string for the Steelers and you will have upgraded the position.
-
We're 4-11I dont think that it would be fair to fire him at the end of the season. The team defense has improved and of course the special teams is great. Add a few more pieces and a remotly decent QB and the team could probably compete. At least they are playing with effort and heart.
-
Great Win orchestrated by Derek AndersonDA Sucks and Quinn is no better. Get rid of both or Keep BQ as back up because he is cheap enough. DA has to go he is too expensive for what he is.
-
ESPN's NFL Power RankingsBet it might matter more to you if the Browns were not rated as the worst team in football. I lived through 20 years of losing at Oregon State I know how it feels, you don't want to be reminded that you suck. But it does matter because it is national perception, and perception does matter.
Though I will say that I do believe the Browns are allot closer to improving than either TB or St Louis. Have a good draft this year and try and pick up a veteran QB that can actually play this game and I think the Browns will win 7 games next season.
-
Quinn vs. AndersonI am a person that totally backed DA. But let us just say that both DA and BQ suck. If they will both suck forever I don't know but neither should be the future QB of the Browns.
-
BQ finally gets to play a team with a poor defenseThat's what you have to argue with...a field goal drive??? since that's what DA did. LOL
your hilarious kid.
This board sucks so bad.
And may I ask a question? Since DA has sucked bad this year, worse than ever before why would you want to use the because that what DA has done as an argument on why BQ will be successful. And just for a side note as bad as DA has been this year (and that is bad) BQ has been worse. He gets sacked more often, the RB's run for less yards and he does not challenge the defense in any way.
And that is not saying DA should go back in, he shouldn't. BQ should get the rest of the year, I am just not very optimistic on how BQ will perform and I don't think it is ALL on the offense. Take BQ out and all of a sudden the right side of the line is not as awful as before and the RBs can all of a sudden get over 4 yards a carry. That part is on BQ, unless much like the last coaching staff this coaching staff intentional makes BQ look so bad because they are jealous.
And if you think the board sucks so bad then leave. I have seen the other boards and this one is just as good if not better than the rest.
I tend to think that almost anybody that thinks that there is a franchise QB on this roster is dillusional, DA is not the answer and neither is the over hyped BQ.
-
BQ finally gets to play a team with a poor defenseIf you take out playing Cleveland then Baltimore averages giving up almost 350 yards a game which makes then 21 or 22nd in the league in defense. decent record not great defense. And Minnesota drops from 15th to 20th if you take out Cleveland stats. Denver stays at about 7th.
So I would not really say that BQ has played against great defenses, just because they have good records do not make them great defenses.
I mean DA has played against number 2 defense, number 4 defense, number 9 defense, number 10 defense and yes number 26. The best defense BQ has played in number 6, number 7 and number 15. All and all I would say that the defenses that BQ and DA have played against are similar ranked.
Again not defending DA, saying that just because the teams BQ has played against have good records does not mean that they have good defenses. Though Detroit is ranked 31st so if BQ can't perform against them then he is in real trouble (Much like DA is because of how he did against number 26).
-
Give Quinn A ChanceDifferent times. If TB was the QB for the Steelers now he would never had played after his first year.
Money was one of the reasons BQ got benched but the other is that he has shown nothing this year. But then again it might not be possible to show anything this year with the OC the Browns have.
What have you seen from BQ this year to make you think that he should get an extended look? Is it his pocket pressence or accurate throws or the way he extends the plays? 14 sacks in 4 games, projected over a full season that is 63 sacks ; with the same OL the oaf has 8 sacks in 5 games that is a projected 29 sacks for a full season. I am sorry but that is on the QB.
You might say that BQ does not make the same stupid throws as DA but he has 5 interceptions in 4 games started and DA has 6 interceptions in 5 games started (DA did throw 3 in a backup roll).
Again I am not saying any of this to defend DA but to use a QB that is playing horrible to compare with the same OL and same receivers that BQ is using.
104.3, 55.9, 21.3, 74.1, 58.7, 42.7 and 23.5.