Look like Mangini took Derek Anderson...
Let's see how he does against the very stout Bengals D...
Should I make a new thread about how many picks he throws?
Look like Mangini took Derek Anderson...
Let's see how he does against the very stout Bengals D...
Should I make a new thread about how many picks he throws?
If I were Mangini, I'd start DA, let him implode for a few games (probably 2.5), then start Ratliff since that's been my plan all along.If it were ME but I just had Mangini's position and had put myself into this position, I'd ride DA until the end of the year. Quinn is no good now because he can no longer trust me, and I'd be looking to trade him to prevent any locker room blowups.
Additionally, since I had claimed this was a locker room decision at halftime (interesting, the inmates are running the asylum), I alreayd know that no one has confidence, or they just don't like, Brady Quinn.
Either way, Quinn is done in CLE. I'm going to try to recoup as much as I can and hope that those rumored trades we were offered for Quinn during the offseason don't get out from confirmed sources.
I don't know that Brady is done in CLE just yet...his contract is pretty hefty and he would incur some really bad cap penalties. His playing time may be over, but he's probably going to be on the team until his contract is up.
It kinda sucks how they basically ruined him though...
Did you watch the second half? If those picks were even close to being reasonable throws, then I would give DA a break. But, they were the same thing as they have always been...throws into coverage that never should be made. He has no field vision. He stares down his receiver and throws to his first read 95% of the time. This is the NFL. His 1st read will not be available all the time. He has to at least look at another receiver, even if it is just to look off the defense. If he is eyeing Braylon (or anyone else) from the snap, he WILL throw a pick more often than not. Especially throwing into triple coverage. He has done it for years. He will always do it. Brady may not have the arm of DA and he may not take as many chances. But he does protect the ball and give his OC the chance to call a play that could actually result in a gain of yardage. DA thinks that it they are better off with the defense on the field, so he just gives the opposing team the ball. Evidenced in that Quinn has thrown 3 picks in 10 quarters of play this year as opposed to DA's 3 picks in 2 quarters. DA also threw more picks in the preseason. No team can win, or even have a chance to win, if their QB is throwing picks in half of their possessions.
couldn't have said it better myself
Josh Cribbs. Represent KSU Golden Flashes!!!!
You never know...with his play making ability and the state of the Browns, he might just get into the depth chart at QB.
You guys would almost be better running Cribbs in the WildDawg as your base...
@danamal said:
DA ,Quinns the fall guy till DA implodes yet again with double digit interceptions then the entire board will finally agree that we need a better QB.I predict DA hits double digit picks inside of two more starts.
I have some friends that say Brett Ratliff is a really talented player...I don't really know much about him though
Ok, so imagine that you are Eric Mangini and you get to decide on the starting QB. Who do you pick against the Bengals?
I say that he goes with Brady Quinn. Even though Anderson was making plays against the Raven and the offense moved while he was in, he is a turnover machine. Brady Quinn may not move the offense well or make big plays, but he does not turn the ball over. If you have a guy that doesn't turn the ball over, even if he doesn't make the offense move very well, he lets your team stay in the game. I would much rather stay in the game than have to risk it just to get a win.
What do you all think?
Poll results from the old forum
Who does he pick?