Oops.I thought from the header you meant Worthlessburger.
Since Gulp My Pee is a squeeler fag.
Sorry.
WSS
Did you mean "Ben Cocklessburger"?
Oops.I thought from the header you meant Worthlessburger.
Since Gulp My Pee is a squeeler fag.
Sorry.
WSS
Did you mean "Ben Cocklessburger"?
Do you think he will be like a Lee Suggs and disappear quickly?
yeah haha pretty cool inspecta - I cant figure out what movie thats from - I just cant remember segal killing kids in any of his movies - but I fracking love it - made me chuckle 
Zombo said:
Hey Leach ... your quarterback just signed with us ... so maybe he doesn't respect ... you.
Zombo
--Way to finish a season, coach.
I was just watching PTI and heard it earlier as well - Kornhiser and an NFL source said that Harrell signed with the Cowboys - does anyone know the truth behind this?
@jadbf said:
And now we're getting to the interesting part of the discussion thanks!That is an interesting thought. I've also heard and liked having a much more stringent "rookie salary cap" where they get paide MUCH less at the outset of thier carreers, but making the contracts automatically shorter, Say 2 years. Then teams can draft players they want, and then know in a year or two if the guy will make it, and then sign them to a big contract AFTER they earned it. Again, I think the big stumbling block for this one would be making sure the players get somekind of language written in that says, the money saved on rookies would be put back into veterans and not just pocketed by the owners. But I would beleive that would happen anyway, since there already is a salary cap, so they would still spend up to that cap amount.
See, thats a great point I can agree on, there definitely needs to be some big change in that area for sure!
An interesting idea I heard (though it will NEVER happen) for "fixing" some of the problems with the draft is to have the teams be able to choose which position they want based on their record instead of being automatically locked in to a pick. So, for example, Detroit this year would have gotten first choice of where they wanted to pick instead of being locked in at 1.....they could have chosen to pick 5th or 8th or whatever position they wanted to draft in.
The only problem with that is that there are teams that would trade up to give you a chance to move down, maybe the price wouldnt be what you like but you could always do it. If the jets didnt do what they did and we wanted out badly enough we couldve traded picks with the skins and it couldve been just straight up or one of those wack piece sixth round picks people were handing out - bottom line I just dont ever see the NFL doing that just like they will never change Overtime to college overtime similarities
IF quinn wins the job he seems more of a game manager type obviously than a qb who punches up 4k in yards a year. I could see a 20 td year with 12 ints with 2300 yds.we will see one way or the other, IF he has developed that 20-35yd accurate tight pass than all of his checkdown tendencies will work because the dbs cant jam at the line and play tight to disrupt him.
IF not than he will be gone next year.
Yeah I could see him do Eli type numbers this year - nothing extreme but definitely solid - probably a good fantasy pick up lol
The Browns are in massive---"quick it fix and win" mode... we couldnt just pick best available or base our pick on one possible trade option... our franchise keeps getting erased and rebuilt...with only a handful of picks, it made good sense to wheel and deal. I had no problem with working with the Jets. Heck, we are thier NFL minor league affiliate...why the heck not ???? (lust kidding...I liked our draft)Crabtree wasnt going to make us an instant winner...but going out and dealing for possibly 4-6 new starters has the potentail to change our result on the field.
Lets hope so.
Bermeck (Jets have a fourth waterboy... time for a deal)
Yeah the only thing Crabtree would have done right away in Cleveland is sell jerseys and open up a restaurant in Euclid called Michaels CrabLegs "catchem if ya can" LOL
What a jackass. Crabtree fell because it's the NFL draft and the NFL draft is unpredictable. I'd rather have Robiskie and Mack over Crabtree. You then add in Massaquoi and the Texas Tech coach looks like a dumb ass. I never liked Leach, he just solidified my opinion.
Agreed If we can get the air out of BE's ass and focus on the team picture and winning - our new recievers will be great - Im a huge Buckeye fan and love what Robiskie did - There is just something in mygut especially from watching him in college, Massaquoi is gonna be SICK! He might pull an eddie royal and be a great fantasy pick up also - look at all the recievers in new orleans last year - the browns could be on that same path
Ok, I don't want to be "that guy." But, then again, who am I kidding? I am that guy. I warned you all about this 3 months ago. This draft is, in my opinion, exactly what the Browns needed to do.http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...t=0&start=0
Aside from over-valuing Everette Brown (as many of us did), I'm pretty comfortable with my original take on it. According to reports, Alex Mack was the player that the Browns targeted from the get-go, and he probably should've been. They may have taken him 3 or 4 picks too early, but that's where they were. And, it kept them ahead of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Buffalo who had all worked him out in the days leading up to the draft.
Now whether or not you agree that the Browns should've been targeting Alex Mack is another question. But you can't argue with a front office that finds their guy and picks up 2 starters and 3 extra draft picks on their way to get him.
The thing that baffles me is all of this clamor for Rey Maualuga. Rey's an intriguing guy, but what were the Browns going to do with him?
According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Browns had three "untouchable" players going into the offseason: Joe Thomas, D'Qwell Jackson, and Josh Cribbs. So, once the Browns signed Eric Barton to play the Ted linebacker spot, ILB was no longer a hot position of need heading into the draft.
Look at the position the Browns were in Saturday evening when round 2 rolled around. If you just compare Brian Robiskie to Rey Maualuga, it's really easy. You draft Robiskie. Brian Robiskie is the Browns #2 receiver today... and I mean right now. He's your X, on day 1. He comes pre-packaged ready to play. Maualuga... eh, well... special teams, maybe he pushes Barton for playing time, but he's not going to start. Maybe he finds a niche as a nickel backer, if he can wrest that job away from Leon Williams. But how much better are you for it?
While I appreciate building for the future, and all of that Quadrant 2 thinking for you Covey disciples out there, we have to keep in mind that the Browns have to play sixteen games starting this September.
Had Clay Matthews been there at 36... maybe, the conversation is a bit different. But I'm not sure it doesn't end up the same way. But with only Conner Barwin on the board (who the Browns were NOT interested in), and David Vekuine (who would likely be there throughout Round 2) at that DE/OLB position, linebacker was out of the picture.
Now, the McCoy/Robiskie thing is a bit tougher to reason through... but not too tough. Really, it hinges on what Mangini thinks of the two backs he has on the roster right now. The Mangini (Belichick actually) 2 back system is already present in Cleveland. It's likely that Jamal Lewis will see his touches reduced, or at least more selective. Jerome Harrison will almost surely see his carries (and catches) increase dramatically... which also leads me to believe that Derek Anderson won't be running this offense, but that's another post for another thread.
Anyway, my point is, the Browns need to look for Lewis' successor, not Harrison's replacement. Which is why McCoy was not on the Browns' radar... and that year in prep school, and that 11 on the Wonderlic didn't help.
I've been told by people that I believe to know these sorts of things, that the Browns were working overnight to package picks to move up into Round 3 to get Shonn Greene out of Iowa But he came off way too early, nixing the deal. Secondarily, there was some discussion about packaging 6th round picks to get up into the 5th for Andre Brown (NC State), but, he was plucked late in the 4th.
Davis, was more of an availability pick. But, that said, on most boards he carried much better than a 6th round grade.
So, the Browns spent Sunday gathering up secondary depth and a special teamer, and took a flyer on a running back who has some skills. But look at that day one. Name one other team that went into Draft Weekend with the kind of needs that the Browns did and came away with 4 starters, a package pass rusher, and a solid competitor for the slot receiver position.
That's a pretty good weekend as far as I can tell.
-jj
That is pretty much what I wanted to here from ESPN LOL - but I live in Florida and only get to hear about the Whannhpa Bay BuccaTears, the Cryami Dolphins and the wacksonville Faguars - Hometown Euclid though - goodtimes - Go Brownies!
Guess you missed the senior bowl...it was derrick anderson in the probowl...esk!
Dude does have a point DA was in the Probowl being a fluke or not - hell I remember being on the Kelly Holcomb bandwagon when he was throwing bombs until that horrible playoff game giving up 17 points in 5minutes to the fracking steelers in the forth quarter..... I wouldnt be suprised if we get better players out of UDFA's than the guys we drafted except for Robiskie (I feel he will mirror the likes of a Santonio Holmes type player yeeeeeee)
Crazy slide. Had to be how he stands straight up when he runs but damn, that size is pretty special and he's an athlete.He had to set the record for being on Kipe's best player list the longest, he had going two or three.
yeaH i cant believe he slid that far - something had to have happened to this guy that we did not know about - guys that didnt even go to the combine were getting drafted before him
Wonder what happened to Jennings' stock? Crazy fall going on here.LOVE our draft, from top to bottom.
Anyone else getting the feeling that we are going to have a REAL football team this year?
If nothing else, I think ManKok stayed true to his promise of finding "football players". All these guys seem like they have much better on-the-field results than measurables.
GREAT draft.
Yeah I dont know whats up with him about to fall to the 7th round - very surprising considering some people projected hime late 2nd early 3rd
next and final pick is 197those in front of us are:
193-jets
194-Phi
195-Phi
196-STL
i see none of those teams drafting a RB so maybe jennings is our next pick
nope cowboys have 197 we got 195 from philly - were on the clock
Aloysius said:
Coye Francies, the first thug of the day.
Why did we just draft 2 CB's?
Hey there is nothing wrong with being passionate about your team. Yes it is the 6th round but there has been quite a few excellent picks from the 6th round. To name a few Adalias Thomas, Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck, and i believe Colston was a 6th or 7th rounder. So with that said you always hope for the best.
Exactly!
Watch out newbie, you are talking to the great Zomboni, an old timer in here. Show some respect.
Well your talking to the great peperoni and its Mr. Newbie to you LOL
Zombo said:
What's everyone excited about ... it's the sixth round.If you get a special teamer, you're lucky.
This corner looks like a smart kid and a good athlete.
Zombo
Its called being a fan and enjoying the draft bro..... chill
DAMN there goes the CB we somewhat needed but didnt we just get one with the jets trade or was that a S - either way we have to wait till 191 WTF - is this really happening
here it comes baby!!!!