This just maximizes trading out of the top ten receiver range. If our defense can't win us games, people are gonna flip about not taking Sammy or Evans..especially if they both pan out.
dab7291993
Posts
-
Gordon is out for year. damnit. -
Jonathan Paul ManzielMeh, I don't like the pick. But we are a run heavy offense, if he can become a game manager with a bit higher ceiling than Hoyer it won't be bad.
Let's see what happens I guess, at least it wasn't at four and we picked up another 1st next year.
-
10 Biggest Busts Today ?I'd say for the Evans argument, that relationship might be the other way around. He may have made JF look better.
Also, that is one of the worst written articles I've read all pre-draft season.
-
"nobody could cover Andrew Hawkins"Wide Receiver is a position you can't be too deep at. There really isn't a position that you can be. We have one good wideout right now, Hawkins is a nice slot guy but we need a #2 I wouldn't say we don't need more weapons.
I'd love a TE as well somewhere in the first 3 rounds
-
Draft Prospect Teddy Bridgewater gives Mom a Pink Cadillac EscaladeBridgewater probably isn't falling past 15.
-
Richard Sherman's new extension and what it means for the BrownsSherman has a distinct play and a distinct accomplishment behind that contract. He can say I made the play that clinched the Superbowl berth. He was part of the defense that shut Peyton Manning down for a Superbowl win.
Joe Haden doesn't have that, at least not yet, so he doesn't have that leverage.
-
Official NFL Draft DiscussionGordon was very far from being a complete receiver too. Cameron didn't hit right away either.
Obviously receivers need work, very few are complete WR's coming into the NFL, it's up to coaching to make that happen.
Evans doesn't have to go over the middle and I'm pretty sure he'll adjust. Watkins would be great, but Evans is not a bad consolation prize.
-
Official NFL Draft DiscussionI cannot believe all the love Evans is getting at #4...
If you look in the dictionary under "one-dimensional-WR" there's a pic of Mike Evans.
There are four elite players in this draft... and Evans ain't one of them..
Evans isn't a bad option if the only elite player left is a LT. You don't want to tie first round money into a RT. Having 3 6'3"+ guys on the field at the same time in Evans, Gordon, and Cameron..someone is gonna have a mismatch. I want Watkins over Evans as well but I'm not really sure we'd regret taking Evans. I don't get you calling Mike Evans one dimensional, he's a 6'5" guy who is an above-average athlete for his height, and has good hands...sounds like the sky is the limit for a guy like that, especially with guys like Ben Tate, Gordon, and Cameron taking attention from him.
-
Wasn't here last year so a question....Early in the college season that year, Mingo was a lock at #1 for a while. After his numbers weren't equivalent to the previous year he dropped some.
I thought it was a good pick, it was a pick that was so..not Browns like I felt like the tide was turning. It wasn't that often we drafted freak athlete projects, for a while our picks consisted of guys we expected to produce right away. Us not starting Brady Quinn was actually surprising to me.
-
Official NFL Draft DiscussionThis isn't really to you mik, or anyone in particular, it's just an observation I've made about the draft in general.
There are so many people that keep saying that drafting this guy at this spot would be a reach or taking so-and-so 5 spots before his supposed draft slot would be reaching.
The point is... Say you like a guy and want to draft him. You hold the 8th pick - the guy you want is not seen as a top ten pick, but he will be gone by the 20th pick. If you cannot find a trade partner to drop some and then pick him up, you either take him when you have the chance to do so or he will be gone by the next time you are on the clock.
By this, most teams hold only one first round draft pick, so if there is a player that is a first round talent and he'll be gone by your next pick in the second - There is no way that that is a reach.
Just an observation. Take the players you want when you have the chance to do it.
You make a good point. "BPA" is definitely subjective. Teams should feel no problem taking the player they want, but if they feel the risk is worth trading down and maybe missing out on a guy is worth the return you get for trading down + still getting a 1st round pick and having another one, that's not too bad either.
-
Hyde at 26?Hyde would be a great addition, I feel like RB's are very attainable in later rounds. RB corps are starting to be compiled with specialty guys. Hyde is an every down back, that I'd love to have. I feel we have more pressing needs at 26 and 35, but I will root for Hyde wherever he goes. I just hope to God it isn't in our division.
I feel like at least one of our first 3 picks has to be a defensive player, especially if that player is the BPA. No defense is ever complete, and standout players and athletes make defenses that much better.
Anyone who thinks Thomas was a wasted first round pick BETTER not be someone who thinks we should have taken AP.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielI think a QB should be taken with the 2nd 1st rounder whether it's 26 or we trade up. I like Mike Evans, Khalil Mack, Watkins, and of course if we took Teddy I would not be that mad.
-
Teddy BridgewaterShow me the stats that prove Manziel is an efficient QB in the pocket.
He definitely bails from the pocket more than any other high-profile QB, which is a terrible quality for a QB.
-
Who should we take with the second pick?Dennard will be gone IMO.
I wish it were guaranteed we could get Hyde with our 2nd rounder. I'd love to get that guard from UCLA with that 2nd first rounder.
-
Teddy BridgewaterHow many other QB's have had complete control of their offense and do it so well? The guy is smart, and if you look at a guy with similar football intelligence like Luck, his skill is evident but what separates him is how he takes his time and puts together 6, 7 minute drives. Bridgewater will be that same type of guy, Manziel is a guy who doesn't operate well out of the pocket, and considering him because he's a "playmaker" is just evidence you eat that shit up that ESPN feeds you.
-
Teddy BridgewaterAll Bridgewater has done since being the best passer in college football is throw badly in a t-shirt and shorts. If anyone thinks it means anything, they don't deserve a job in the NFL.
-
How Bout This Guy?No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...
This is wrong though. He produced in Pitt with Brown by his side. And then he was the only notable weapon in Miami and struggled. When teams can solely focus on one receiver and shut him down it is not that receiver's fault.
Mike Wallace and Josh Gordon would be good. Especially with Cameron and another guy or two to worry about. You can never have too many weapons.
If you don't like his contract that's fine, but he's still a very good player.
-
Buyer Beware: Browns Track Record at drafting QBsWe have a new owner and front office. Every single QB we've taken before now is completely irrelevant.
-
Browns #4 pick.. take it to the bankThey can get a bookend tackle in the third.
word.
-
Mack stays with BrownsHonestly, does this dude just not want to be a Brown? The Jaguars? Wtf.
Team has made a lot of improvements this offseason, and are taking good steps to being a winning team and the dude would rather get more money from the Jaguars. Let him go.