Everything about ghoolie is wrongheaded for christ sake....
One of the most "I know more than you" people I've never met........
Peace
T.Dawg
Everything about ghoolie is wrongheaded for christ sake....
One of the most "I know more than you" people I've never met........
Peace
T.Dawg
Agreed Nickers.. Pluto is the best writer we have... Love his writings and objectivity.. Every writer is now copying his "scribbles" that he makes during the games....
Peace
T.Dawg
This has been a long time coming..
Tony "Ray Barone" Grossi became relevant during the Carman Policy era when he had a direct pipeline to the Browns and had all the "scoops" handed to him before the other sportswriters got wind of it...
When Policy was relieved of his duties, Grossi was then left out of the loop and became bitter towards the Browns.. He now had to work for his stories like the other writers...
In the early years he was able to temper his bitter feelings but in the past few years he's been attacking the Browns Organization and Randy Lerner in particular, with more frequency...
It was just a matter of time before he emploded and put his foot in his mouth...
Say what you want but one basic fact of life is you don't bite the hand that feeds you...
I'm glad he is no longer the beat writer covering the Browns.. Maybe we will now get someone who is more objective rather than a writer with a vendetta... Tell the truth, point out our problems, give an opinion but don't use your position to forward your personal agenda...
Hey Ray, I mean Tony, maybe now you can start a blog from the basement in your house and blast Lerner to your hearts content... Maybe you could convince Mary Kay to join you....
Peace
T.Dawg
I'm agreeing with ya, Shurmer does seem lost out there but isn't that the same ol' song we've been singing for the past 12 years??
You can't compete if you dont have the horses and face it, we dont have the horses...
I've, to a certain degree, lost interest in my beloved Browns... Sundays aren't the same and for some reason mondays after a loss aren't as devastating as they were in the past.. Have I come to expect it or have I been programed to accept it???
As a fan of this once proud franchise I can stop attending games, stop buying the gear, stop living and dying with every move the Browns make or just stop caring... Unfortunately I can't do any of these things cause I'm a Browns fan...
I cant do anything to help this team, my input in Berea is not wanted and letters to the editor / on message boards only allows me to vent and not improve the team...
Face it guys & gals, when you're losing you look lost....
As far as the niners and Harbaugh things are very different when comparing them to the Browns... They have a nuculas to build around.. Their star running back is focused on football whereas our guy is, well, lost... They're not playing their 4th and 5th option at running back with an offensive line that has more holes than that cheese called swiss... Their go to guy is not a special teams returner who wasn't even drafted but has become the only player on the team that gives us our only ray of hope..
I still say that next year should define this regime.... Could it be that Holmgren will return to the sidelines and Shurmer will become the NEW offensive coordinator??????
Peace
T.Dawg
Prior to the start of this season, who in their right mind thought the Browns would be a contender this season???
Who thought the Browns would have a winning season???
In addition to having a lot of holes on this team, we experienced injuries to key positions (Steinbach, MoMas and the entire running back corps).. Everyone hoped that finally the Robiskie experiment would come to fruition cause hell he's a buckeye...
Lets get real everyone..We're headed in the right direction... We've had 2 very good drafts and have the ammunition (draft picks) to have a blockbuster draft this spring... Our rookie head coach is having growing pains but I believe has the passion to stabilize this ship...
Suck it up this year cause 2012 should be the beginning of many strong seasons......
Peace
T.Dawg
Not that I'm agreeing with Ghoolie but our draft history has to be the worst in the NFL....
With that said, however, I believe H & H have made two good drafts and their legacy might be built on how they perform in next years draft..
We finally have some players to build around... I'm sure there are numerous opinions on what we need to do next year but so far I'm pleased with how our last two drafts have turned out...
Now back to the cage match------------------------
Peace
T.Dawg
Cal, that had to be a pain in the ass---no pun intended...
I believe you have to be a special breed to be a farmer---not my cup of tea..
In 1970 I was with a touring rock band and our home station was a farm house on 200 acres in northern West Virginia... The bass players father raised and raced horses and also did the corn and soybean thing.. The deal was we could live on the farm rent free but twice a year we had to help make hay... I've never worked so hard in my entire life... Right then and there I decided that the closest I'd get to produce was in the super market...
Peace
T.Dawg
Gafreleets, I'll buy that...
Seems He's changed 180 degrees from last year...
Peace
T.Dawg
IMO If we had any type of running game McCoy would do well under center... When you can't run the ball, play action doesn't make much sense..
Oddly enough, his completion rate is about the same -- under center or shotgun...
Peace
T.Dawg
I'll try to give you my opinion on Colt McCoy.....I don't know yet ???
Seems he has the intelligence and grit to become a servicable NFL QB, a starter...
However, we're down to our 4th and 5th string running backs, our receivers are not making plays for him and our offensive line is, well, offensive... I can't tell yet if McCoy has what it takes based on the players around him... So far with no running game He's been nutralized..
Don't know how He'll perform in the winter elements that are in our division... Will he be able to zip the ball into tight spaces and throw the out route in sub zero weather with the wind and snow wipping around him...Doesn't have the arm of Rothlesberger, Manning or Rodgers but to me those are the exceptions.. We had a QB with that type of arm (Anderson) but he couldn't deliver and at times his throws were uncatchable...
Ask that same question around game 16 and I'll have a better answer for you....
Peace
T.Dawg
Article in PD says some teammates sat down with Hillis Wednesday to vent their displeasure with how He's handeling things...
Supposedly Joe Thomas was one of them... Thought he should have been rehabing instead of getting married in mid season...
It's not the Madden curse, it's just that the whole Madden thing went to his head.. Sort of like the peter principle (you get promoted to your level of incompetance)....
If he's not going to be healthy put him on IR and be done with him... We have some games coming up against the Bengals, Ravens and pittspuke so lets get our ducks in order and have players on the field that can play...
Side note: seems it was Mary Kay that broke the story(s)... I swear she has a love jones on Payton............
Peace
T.Dawg
Look at our defense---Mitchell, Sheard, Taylor, Fujita, Gocong, Ward, Haden, Brown... Thats 8 starters brought in by H & H...
The emphasis has been on defense and its paying dividends... Seems to me just a few years ago we were ranked like 30th out of 32..
Stay with the plan... Next year concentrate on the other side of the ball and we'll be the complete team that contends for the playoffs each year rather than hoping to go 8 & 8...
Like I said at the beginning of the year, this is a year of EVALUATION... We'll keep those who can play and get ride of those that can't...
The defense will keep us in games this year................
Peace
T.Dawg
A healthy Payton Hillis is a back that I'd want on my team...
You can win with Hillis.. Is he the 2nd coming of Jim Brown??? Ain't no back in the nfl as good as Jim Brown IMO...
Madden went to Hillis's head then he got injured... Get healthy, get on the field, play your game and you'll make the Browns a better team...
How in the hell can you bash this guy based on his past performance???
One year wonder??? Year 2 aint over yet so that statement is pure bullxxxx.....
Peace
T.Dawg
Ghoolie is an ego maniac and Rich is just his coffee fetcher----keep that in mind as you respond to his rants....
I think the Madden thing went to Hillis's head, why else would he be on his third agent this year....
This is the NFL... You negoitiate your contract by your play on the field and so far Hillis is not getting the job done...
Think about it--Thats why your upper tier players are always saying get the contract done before the season starts cause once the season starts the contract talks stop...
The Browns have always taken care of their players, its time for some players to take care of the Browns..
BTW if Mary Kay Cabot writes another article on Hillis I think I'm gonna puke---does she have a jones for this guy or what....
Peace
T.Dawg
I have to disagree about the non selection of Big Ben..
At the time we had Couch and Holcomb, QB was not the position that we needed while Pittspuke had a QB that was one year removed from selling insurance so Ben was the logical choice... If we knew then what we know now, 11 teams would not have passed on the rapist...
Peace
T.Dawg
I love Hillis but he's not worth Peterson money---Peterson is not worth Peterson money..
A few things I can't understand:
1-Why is Hillis on his 3rd agent in the last 12 months???
2-Did Hillis not play based on medical advise or on the advise of his agent??
The answers to these 2 questions could bring everything into perspective...
On that 4th and 1 play against Tennessee if we gave it to Hillis and he got stuffed we'd all be crying get creative--no more Metcalf up the middle.. We get creative and the cry is more Metcalf up the middle... Seems you cant please everyone AND if we win none of this is an issue... Put together a 4 game winning streak and the whole Hillis contract is yesterdays news...
Winning cures a lot of ills but we've been losing for so long in Cleveland that we have nothing else to look forward to but contraversy..
Peace
T.Dawg
Seems most have hit the positives and negatives right on.. However look at our roster and what you see is really amazing.
McCoy, Hardesty, Pinkston, Lavau, Taylor, Sheard, Haden, Ward, Little, Mitchell, Hillis, Watson, Brown, Gocong and Fujita....
All of these players are the result of H & H either in the draft, by trades or in free agency.. Thats 15 players out of the starting 22.. We havent seen this much influx of quality players here in Cleveland for a long time if ever.... If this trend keeps up can you imagine what we'll look like after next years draft and free agency signings???
Another point, none of these new players have experienced much losing in their careers... All have come from winning programs and losing is not a part of their makeup... Winning breeds winning, winning good or winning ugly, just winning.... We're one of the youngest team in the league and our future looks very bright....
Be patient this year, the rooks are gonna make some mistakes but the one thing you wont see is them giving up... This is a 60 minute team and you better be prepared to battle when you get on the field with them..... Last year we would have lost this game, maybe our fortunes are changing right before our eyes.... I'm lovin' it.................
Peace
T.Dawg
My Bad---He had a groin injury not a hamstring....
Thanks BrownsBacker
Peace
T.Dawg
POSITIVES: We Won.
NEGATIVES: We Won by Only 1 Point.
Seriously, Rubin, Taylor, Sheard and Mitchel played great and they're gonna get better.. Gocong was chasing all over the field and Jackson was making plays in the oponnents backfield.. Hadens a beast and some of the rookies are following suit... The last two drafts were great, can you imagine what we'll look like after next years draft and free agent signings???
We've finally seen what Hardesty brings and I like it...
McCoy didn't have a great game and in fact he had a poor game but when the chips were down he manned up and did what had to be done.. Maybe the WCO with a no huddle concept plays more into McCoys hands...
Once again, last year we would have lost this game.........
Peace
T.Dawg
If Pashos can't play put him on IR and get another wide body on the roster...
It's not like our right side has a bunch of depth... Hell, I'd even over pay Flozell Adams if thats what it takes to get a better performance...
Pretty soon its gonna be fish or cut bait with this guy...
Peace
T.Dawg