The case for #10 in '10
I've seen enough of Brady Quinn to know that I want to see more of Brady Quinn in 2010.
My rationale is simple:
We have too many needs at too many positions to draft another young, inexperienced QB in 2010.
Without more weapons and a rebuilt OL (remember when OL was a team strength? Sigh.), no QB will win for us in 2010 regardless. So if a QB is going to have to sink or swim on the job in 2010, it may as well be the one that we already have, a young vet who will be fighting for his very NFL existence next year and will play his heart out.
Also, regardless of the new regime, we will need more foundational, impact players. I believe we should focus on offensive veterans at RB, OL and TE and defensive veterans at CB, S, and LB in FA and then go BPA in the draft.
I'd like to see Suh and Tate (or an equally explosive RB or WR in the 2nd) for sure and then BPA all the way down. I honestly don't think anything matters as much as guys who will make the team and contribute quickly. No more projects, no more choir boys. It's gotta be players in 2010.
So, in my scenario, Quinn leads a younger and improved offensive unit and DQJ leads a younger and improved defensive unit in 2010.
If there isn't a significant upgrade in the play of either player, we jettison both and draft their replacements in 2011. But at least we'll have built a sturdier foundation before tearing out either guy.