I went back and edited my comment when you were posting Zombo, ATE used the word "instead", kinda implying that we had some sort of choice in the matter. He was probably just stirring the pot. At any rate, I'm looking forward to the contest and it will be something to watch on Sunday.
Dave
Posts
-
Eric Berry Returns -
Eric Berry ReturnsWe picked 7th, the Chiefs picked 5th. Are you implying that we could have had Berry somehow? He was gone off the board when we drafted at 7. You used the word "instead" when we took Ward in round 2, but there was no instead. You say your not complaining. Well, I hope not, cause we had no chance to get him in the first place.
-
Jake in BOOT"unleash the wilddawg"?? Wow, you've got to think if this team has anything to "unleash" it would have done it during the Tampa game. I'm afraid Delhomme is/was the best QB in camp. I hope Seneca does well too, but you have to be realistic. If anyone in Berea thought we could "unleash" an offense by putting Seneca in, they would have done it last week. We've all seen the QB merry-go-round enough over the last 20 years. I'd be happy just having a QB start 3 or 4 games in a row at this point.
-
Survey Monday/Tuesday Back to School1. Big fat Yae!
2. Jason Stathem
3. play
4. Ward
5. yep
-
HAPPY BROWNS DAYThanks Ate, love the videos. Looking at the QB in the first and third throws and both were #17, and both badly underthrown. The second throw was from #6. Its only 3 balls but I'm reading elsewhere that Wallace has the strongest arm in camp.
-
If only...oh c'mon, that was fun!
-
The Browns pants are back for the 2010 season.+1 for brown pants, I think they look tougher than white but honestly, they could where any freakin color they want as long as they win.
-
NFL Top Ten Return AcesWhats shocking is the number of fumbles for Sayers, Upchurch and Johnson. Was that stat not recorded in those days?
-
Reuben Droughns is ridiculouswe have bigger fish to fry in this country, like going after real criminals like murderers, rapists, child molesters, ect... ect...
But those murderers, rapists and child molesters don't feed the city's financial coffers in the way that a good old fashions drug bust will!
-
Reuben Droughns is ridiculousnonchalant? Its maryj, not cocaine. Its not exactly the kind of drug that gets you fired up now is it?
Outside of that, it sounds like the cops where watching him and when they got wind he was leaving the country, they went in to get paid , oops, bust him before he left. We all know how dangerous those pot-heads can be.
So he's coaching in Serbia? That's cool, bringing American football to other cultures can only help the talent pool. Its better than futbol and the fake, falling down in agonizing pain cause they tripped over their own feet crap I had to watch during the World Cup. Maybe someday there will be a World Bowl tourney playing a man's sport because of the efforts of former players like Rueben teaching the sport oversees.
-db
-
Browns new ticket sales at it's highest point since 1999I went down there on the 5th. I already have 100 level season tickets so when I got the flyer about this select-a-seat I was hoping to find a better 100 level seat. The only seats they are selling are club level and 500 level seats. All of the seats available are 14 rows up or higher in either the club or upper levels. There are tons of seats available and they are mostly inside the 20-50 yard lines so they have decent views but they are up there. The club level ones require PSL's of $1500 to $2100 and the tickets are face value x 10, so anywhere between $1300 to $2250 I think. For the select-a-seat date on the 12th, I noticed they were doing packages of less than the whole season but they never specified which seats would qualify.
Bottom line was that none of the 100-level seats were for sale, which really is where you want to own a seat because when the team is 1-11 like last year, no one will give you more than $20 a ticket no matter where its at. At least if its a 100-level seat you might get $30 a tickets. I know for the last game last year I couldn't give away 6th row 5-yard line seats, it was 3 degrees out, and even on a 3 game winning streak, no one wants to sit in that cold. It was nice to see the schedule makers gave us more games in the early part of the season at home this year.
Anyway, the whole point of this post is that they really are looking for suckers to pay for seats you could get on craigslist for much cheaper and not have to pay the PSL fees. I remember checking on there before May 1st and seeing tons of seats and PSL's for sale for half price, some PSL's for $100 even.
-
Ahtyba RubinSo whenever I see a degree that I've never heard of before, especially one that a football player who couldn't read before going to college achieved, I have to look it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesiology
I really like Rubin and think he's a force to be unleashed. I can see how this degree could help an athlete understand body movements and such to help them gain an advantage on an opponent. I hope he really did learn this field and wasn't just given a degree because he's a stellar athlete. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since Mangini is big on smart, high character guys.
I really like the idea of moving Rogers to end, he's very quick and powerful and penetrates the line regularly. Unfortunately other teams used that speed against him last season by shedding him through the 2 gap and running through the 1 gap. I remember seeing that all too often and was a big reason we gave up so many yards before he went down with the injury. I saw Rubin stand up the center and guard more at the line of scrimmage, essentially closing both the 1 and 2 hole, which allowed or LB's to hit the runner when there was no place up the middle to go.
-
Browns replace field surfaceDenver's field is actually real grass with synthetic grass weaved in. The maintenance guy showed us a sign showing how it was constructed. The advantage is stronger turf during the cold or rainy months because the synthetic grass will hold the soil together; you don't get the clumps that you see on Heinz field. I'd venture that this would be ideal for CBS as well and I hope that's what they are installing.
"Playing Surface
The playing surface at INVESCO Field at Mile High is a 100% natural grass playing field made up of four different Kentucky Bluegrasses. The grass surface is stabilized by a network of polypropylene fibers that were sewn vertically into the sod every 3/4". This process took three weeks, with crews working 24 hours a day. This technology was developed by DD GrassMaster out of Holland, and has been used at over 100 stadiums worldwide.
Underneath the sod is a sand-root zone laid above an extensive drainage and soil heating system. After heavy rain, in a matter of minutes, surface water can be drained with a strong suction system called Sub-Air. The field will be heated during the winter months by a network of 21 miles of underground hot water tubing. "
http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/DenverBroncos/newindex.htm
-
Line Backer Positionballpeen, i guess I was just talking aloud, trying to see what others thoughts were on McClain and if anyone else thought this kid looked as dominant as I thought he did. Appreciate your response though, always do.
Always seems to be a few obvious guys in every draft that everyone knows is going to be good but are taken lower than I expect them too, either because they aren't the fastest or strongest at the combine or their stock drops leading up to the draft when the media is hyping some strong armed QB. Guys like A.J. Hawk or LeSean McCoy or Ray Rice or Percy Harvin or James Laurinaitis. These guys have miles of football tape from college that shows they can play the game but fall in the draft because of guys with big workout numbers. I see McClain as one of those guys that will dominate at the next level.
-
Line Backer PositionI must have been watching a different guy named McClain because the guy I saw looked dominant in the National Championship game. Reminded me of a young Ray Lewis. How is this guy not higher on the draft boards? Why would we not consider him at #7? I get it that we need a safety, but if the draft is so deep like everyone thinks, there should be a solid one or two available in rounds 2 and 3.
What I always found funny is when a draft "guru" says something like "that draft slot is too high to pick him". Last time I checked, teams usually only get one pick in each round, so if a team likes a guy, and he's not going to last till their next round pick, how can it be too high to pick him? This is why you see strange picks in the first round that are not on any mock drafts when the picking starts.
-
Prediction: Claussen to ChiefsDidn't the Chiefs just sign Cassel to a Tom Brady-type franchise QB contract last year? Something like $14.5 million the first year? I just don't see any team giving up on a deal like that to take a QB that early in the draft and pay another $25 million guaranteed.
-
New Overtime Format ApprovedNo way. The College rule sucks swamp water. NONE of those games are epic in my opinion. In fact, they are farcical.
Thanks for making me pull up dictionary.com to look up farcical, my public school education failed me again. As they say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that the college system is fun to watch. We can agree to disagree, that's cool by me.
What is farcical is that those college players play for free(*).
-
New Overtime Format ApprovedWhat I thought was interesting is that the vote took place while all the coaches were at a golf outing. Kinda sounds like the owners pulled a fast one. Cool by me, I wish they'd adopt the college overtime rules except either start at the 40-yard line or kickoff. There are so many epic college games because of this format.
-
Which QB Should the Browns Choose?I think there is an awful lot of homerism on Pike, I watched some Cinci games and he didn't look accurate at all. I think he was pulled in the bowl game for the backup QB. I say skip him, I'd take Tebow in the 2 round or lower if we are going to take a QB at all. He was one of the most winningest QB's in college football history. So what if you don't like his throwing style, I'm a much bigger fan of winning, and that kid wins, period.
I guess is Bradford or McCoy or Clausen are still around in the 2nd round, I'd jump on one of them, or possibly package up a 2nd and 3rd to move up at the end of the first to pick up one. Either way, Holgrem knows more football then anyone on this board, so even though I question his latest moves, as a season-ticket holder, I have to trust he knows what he's doing. If that means Jevon Snead at #7, I've got to support it.
-
AT THIS HOUR: JAKE DELHOMME TO VISIT CLEVELAND"Quinn either holds or is on the verge of holding the NFL record for career wins without throwing a TD pass..... yup, he's never thrown one in a win. "
I could give a sh!t less if he ever throws a TD as long as we win. Give it to Harrison 100 times a game and let him set the rushing record every week, but give me a win. A QB can only do so much to win a game, but a QB throwing multiple pics (like Delhomme did last year) almost always guarantees a loss.
Sure it more fun to watch an air attack but give me win.