Steve my man. You seem like my type of guy. So why don't you come walk in my shoes and watch my sister get called names her whole adult life. Watch her lose her job when people find out she's living with her partner. Watch everyone stare at her when she's out with her family in the mall. Then you come back to me with your who gives a shit attitude. I have no idea what you think you're talking about with the church. Its like Brownie says. The church isn't the issue. Not that they'd let her near the church we grew up in anyway. Whats a priest going to do for her? What's a minister going to do for her? Throw a nice party? It doesn't matter an iota. And attorneys? whats an lawyer going to do? make up some laws on his own? What they need is for the legal rights to be the same so she can take care of her kids the same way any other couple would. What she needs is to be able to live in her home state so she can be by her family not in a state she has to move to so she can be legally married which is what she's doing. what she needs is for people to treat her regular like everyone else. And you can poo poo it all you like but when a pres steps up and says that they should for the first time in the history of the country it means something. I know how you are. I used to be the same way. Well come walk in my shoes and you tell me if your not pissed off after a few days. So pardon me if I seem pissed off but watching that happen to your sister will do that to you. you think people choose to catch hell their whole life? you think she wanted that? hell no. so i;ll get over myself if you stop acting like you know what the hell is up because you don't. PS- listened to your music and think its pretty good. You sing well.
DaveS
Posts
-
Merged Threads Gay Talk -
Obama Comes Out For Gay MarriageRon Paul is a bit nutty to lets be honest. I'm just not in the business of handing over my vote to a guy who has no values .....that he couldn't change by the end of the day. That's not a leader and it ain't honest. Paul doesn't square with me on everything but at least he's honest. I'd probably vote for Obama before I'd vote for Romney. I don't want to because he's done nothing on the deficit and I don't like the team he's on. He's been pretty good on ending Iraq and killing bad guys. And I like what he did this week for my sister. You should see how much it means to them. My job also depends on the auto industry and Obama saved all our jobs and Romney wanted to let us all hit the unemployment line. Now he's trying to take credit for the auto bailout. There's only so much bullshit I can take. Party don't mean shit anymore anyway. We got six more months of this bullshit to go. I'll listen and keep an open mind but don't expect to be wowed. And they should stop telling me Romney looks like a president. Why? His hair? That mkes him presidential somehow. In my book its the stuff that comes out of your mouth and what you stand for that makes you presidential. And he doesn't stand for shit.
Maybe Gary Johnson. I have to learn more. Night ladies.
-
Merged Threads Gay TalkStill waiting for one of you chumps to tell me why my sister and her partner...sorry, wife... shouldn't have the same rights to raise her children in a family with the same rights as straight people. Or are you all just talk?Because suddenly y'all are church mouses.
-
Obama Comes Out For Gay MarriageHey where did my posts go? Did I get censored by the Romney campaign or something?
-
Obama Comes Out For Gay MarriageI'm a Republican and I don't think I can vote for ROmney because of some of this stuff. I don't want to vote for Obama but I don't think I can vote for Romney. Maybe Gary Johnson on Ron Paul.
-
Merged Threads Gay TalkAnyone of you chumps who voted no or would vote no want to explain why my sister and her partner should not have the same rights to get married that you enjoy? You think somethings wrong with her? You know she's not a good mom somehow? Is that it? Enlighten me.
-
Merged Threads Gay TalkI might have voted for this years ago but I would have voted no and I'll tell you why. Because they're just like everyone else and all you have to do is know one to understand this. My sister is a lesbian who has been with her partner for 22 years. They have two kids. They are more of a family than the one we were raised in and I'm getting tired of all these people saying they aren't and trying to bully them out of the state and say they're not welcome. They all can come through me first. It's bullshit and I'm tired of it. We're passed this now. Got to get passed it.
-
Browns FansOn the contrary, these guys are definitely more like the troglodytes that reside in the Tea party movement. They are more like the Timothy McVeigh's or Eric Rudolph's of the world, the anti-government movement.
I am a progressive liberal and self proclaimed intellectual. I see these guys far more in the order of kissing your ass than mine.
If you really were an intellectual you wouldn't have to self-proclaim it, bro.
-
Where Do You Really Stand Politically?Economic: 2.38
Social: 0.36
-
Real AmericaThis board is funny. I had to join this.
Real America can be anywhere. Unreal America can be too.