Hardesty won't have more than 65 yards rushing on Sunday, IF that.
Well seeing as all 3 backs should see time, I wouldn't imagine any of them top 65 individually
Hardesty won't have more than 65 yards rushing on Sunday, IF that.
Well seeing as all 3 backs should see time, I wouldn't imagine any of them top 65 individually
What's wrong with Seneca Wallace? He's a perfect mentor for McCoy because he played in the WCO under Holmgren for years.
The coaches still don't know what they can get from Hardesty. He's a 2nd round pick and the team needs to find out if he can be the future back. Ogbannaya is nice but he's not an every down, true runner. Ogbonaya is gonna get his shot on the team next year, I'm sure of that. Hardesty may not. Hardesty's potential is higher so let's see what he can do now that the line is actually blocking.
But I do agree Richardson and Floyd sounds like a juggernaut offense in the making. Floyd has the highest upside of all the receivers coming out this year, drawing comparisons to Larry Fitzgerald and blocks great too. I also saw a mock today that had the Browns taking Jonathon Martin and David DeCastro with their two 1st round picks. That could possibly give the Browns the best O-line for the next decade!
Per CBS Sport.com the following are considered the best prospects available in the 9-14 position of the draft:
9. Donte Paige-Moss OLB North Carolina
10. Matt Barkley QB USC
11. Brandon Jenkins OLB Fla. St.
12. Alphonzo Denard CB Nebraska
13. Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
14. Matt Reynolds OT BYU
and the following are the prospects for the 19-22 slot:
19. Reilly Reif OT Iowa
20. Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
21. Ray-Ray Armstrong S Miami, Fla.
22. Zach Brown OLB North Carolina
Notice that except for the couple of QBs, all these prospects are on defense. CBS had the top WR, Blackmon and Jeffreys going in the top 8....before the Browns would be in position to draft. There are obviously some linebackers on this list....which in my opinion may be the Browns #1 need. (How did Butch Davis get such good LBs to go to NC?). There are a couple of OTs, but I don't think the Browns will probably go there. I personally would not take any of these QBs.
Two guys CBS didn't have on the list are Trent Richardson and Michael Floyd because they still have eligibility. But at least a couple of mock drafts have the Browns taking Richardson including FoxSports. In fact, Fox has the Browns taking Richardson AND Floyd with their picks in the first round:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peter-Schrager-Midseason-NFL-Mock-Draft-111411
So, rich and Ghoolie....how do you like that idea?
Just so you know CBS' player rankings are completely outdated from before the season started. Players like Paige-Moss and Reynolds have completely fallen out of mention. www.walterfootball.com has better up to date rankings and mocks.
I still would love to see Armond Smith get some action. He's a game breaker and could add a home run threat in the back field!
Personally, if I were running the team I would have cut Hillis a few weeks ago when he skipped practice to get married. Injuries, contract, and marriage. None of those sound like a football player I want on my team. He's all about himself and doesn't fit the WCO. I'm not sure if Ogbonnaya is "the one" but he looks like a good fit in the system and a reliable 3rd down back for a few years.
Ya I was mistaken on the quote, you are right it was Herm Edwards. I may have exagerated that EVERYONE wants free agents, but you do have to admit there are a lot of posts that beg for the Browns to sign free-agents (Terrell Owens, DeSean Jackson). The Browns do pass on some free agents I agree and Holmgren did say at the beginning of this season that he was happy with our roster. But in general I still believe players want to win because most can get the same money pretty much anywhere.
I feel like this is common sense but apparently not so I'm going to help out those of you that are a little bit slow. As Dennis Green once said, "You play to win the game!" With a team like the Browns that have a culture of losing, the team has to LEARN HOW TO WIN. EVERY win, even against the lowly Colts, Dolphins, Rams, Jags, etc. is a motivator for them. Just watch the post game press conferences of some of the players like Greg Little. You can actually see the excitement they have for what is happening with the team. Losing breeds losers. Winning bread winners. Enough said. As far as the draft goes, the browns may have dropped a few spots but that's irrelevant. It's not where you draft, it's how you draft and I think most of us would agree Heckert/Holmgren have done a much improved job with this the last 2 years. Lastly, everyone on this forum complains how the Browns never sign any free-agents. Do you know why that is? It's because players don't want to go to teams that lose. A 8-8 Cleveland Browns team is a lot more appealing than one that is 5-11, 4-12, 3-13. Need I continue? Whether those few wins make a difference in the playoffs means nothing. You have to win to win as stupid as that sounds.
Sure, if you believe that, you probably believe Larry Fitzgerald (who's better than Jackson) will get the Cardinals to the playoffs by himself.
BTW, go look up his stats for this year and get back with me- he's 27th in yards, 30 something in ypc, not even in the top 50 in receptions, so you want to pay a ton of money for an over rated POS, with an attitude problem?
Put Larry Fitzgerald on the Browns, same thing. He would give the offense exactly what they need, spped and the ability to spread the defense out, hence slowing
the blitz against McCoy and opening up the run game. If you haven't noticed the Eagles are as bad as the Browns because Vick couldn't hit a philly cheesesteak
from the Linc.
Sure, if you believe that, you probably believe Larry Fitzgerald (who's better than Jackson) will get the Cardinals to the playoffs by himself.
BTW, go look up his stats for this year and get back with me- he's 27th in yards, 30 something in ypc, not even in the top 50 in receptions, so you want to pay a ton of money for an over rated POS, with an attitude problem?
Put Larry Fitzgerald on the Browns, same thing. He would give the offense exactly what they need, spped and the ability to spread the defense out, hence slowing
the blitz against McCoy and opening up the run game. If you haven't noticed the Eagles are as bad as the Browns because Vick couldn't hit a philly cheesesteak
from the Linc.
Sure, if you believe that, you probably believe Larry Fitzgerald (who's better than Jackson) will get the Cardinals to the playoffs by himself.
BTW, go look up his stats for this year and get back with me- he's 27th in yards, 30 something in ypc, not even in the top 50 in receptions, so you want to pay a ton of money for an over rated POS, with an attitude problem?
Put Larry Fitzgerald on the Browns, same thing. He would give the offense exactly what they need, spped and the ability to spread the defense out, hence slowing
the blitz against McCoy and opening up the run game. If you haven't noticed the Eagles are as bad as the Browns because Vick couldn't hit a philly cheesesteak
from the Linc.
As far as this victory, you have to like it. You can't build a winning team by losing, enought said. Cleveland and it's team's have a losing history and culture. WIN BABY WIN!
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Young is playing lights out at SS.
I'm sorry but I completely disagree. I know he made a lot of tackles but if you actually watched he just runs around lowering his shoulder into players that just
bounce off of him. Watch MJD's touchdown run. He had a chance to wrap him and keep him out of the end zone but just tried for the big hit. FAIL!
Did you happen to notice the unusual amount of time McCoy had to get that running start just to get the ball that far down field and it was still a tad under thrown? Do you think he can make that throw all the time when he is under pressure? Did you see how effortless Big Jen threw that ball and put it where Wallace can easily catch it and walk in? LOL at all the people who, before said Colt had a weak arm, now think he has a cannon.
His arm may be improving, but is still far from being a cannon.
Colt threw that ball 55 yards and I don't know if you remember but there were 35-40 mph winds that day! Pretty damn impress. It's not called a running start either
it's called stepping up in the pocket. Does anyone know football?
I think the remaining 6 games of this season will determine the future of Colt/Shurmer/WCO what have you. We saw Sunday that if allowed to throw down field and
with to do so he can do so effectively. Colt fit some passes into tight windows and ON TIME which is the most important part for the WCO to work. Also, I'm glad to
see Jordan Norwood got a shot. He isn't a burner or deep threat, but he runs consistent routes and is quick enough to get decent YAC out of the slot. If Shurmur
continues to give Colt the ability to throw down the field and make plays, he will make our offense very good. If he doesn't, I think Colt won't mature enough this
year to stay in Cleveland. I expect the Browns to compete much better through these last 6 games, but not necessarily win.
You are absolutely insane if you don't want desean jackson. Alone he can get us to the playoffs (and yes i'm dead serious). He is exactly the kind of speedy
gamebreaker the browns need. But let's be realistic, whether DeSean resigns with philly is irrelavant because FAs like that just don't come to cleveland, let's be
honest. And as far as blackmon goes, he will be a solid receiver in the league but he has trouble seperating from DBs which is usually an issue in a WCO.
HAHA as much as I hate to hear that, that's just awesome!
The Browns should take the following picks for their first three:
1. WR
1. RB
2. RT
If someone like Riley Reiff slips to the Browns I can't see them passing on him. He's a fellow Big 10 OT that could be future pro-bowler (like Thomas). If not I think taking Alshon Jeffery or Blackmon if available is a must. If not with their second 1st round pick Michael Floyd would be a good pick as well. Possibly Mike Adams from OSU in the second round, or a linebacker if available.
Dawson has been a great kicker for the Browns, no question but some of that missed FG is on him also, IMO. It was a perfect hold just a little late.
He paused during the attempt to re-adjust his timing (which is the right thing to do)he then just hooked it bad! It was a little chip shot after all.
I also blame the Browns (Shurmur) for not even really trying to score a TD on that last drive.
It was the best hold they could get but wasn't perfect. You never kick the laces.