Hello. I am new to this board and don't want to come across as a spamer but I thought you guys might be interested in this. The city of Cleveland is changing the time the muni lot opens from 4:00am to 7:00am. We have started a petition to try to get the city to reconsider....I posted this on another fan site and here is that information:
Hello all!
When I heard that the muni lot was changing the opening time from 4:00am to 7:00am on game days for this upcoming season I was upset. I have never done anything like this before, but I went ahead and called and spoke to the commissioner in charge of this decision Leigh Stevens. He informed me that the Cleveland Browns are not behind this. Furthermore, he also said that if he heard enough negative feedback that he might reconsider his decision.
I ask everyone who has tailgated in the municipal parking lot please take a moment to sign this petition or phone Mr. Stevens himself and ask him respectively to reconsider his decision.
We can understand the price increase, but to increase the price and shorten our time in the lot is unacceptable.
The municipal parking lot is an experience like no other in the NFL. You might say to yourself “What’s the big deal, it’s only 3 hours”. The answer to that is simple: 7:00am could eventually turn into 8:00am, and then 9, 10, and eventually we will be like every other crappy tailgating city in the country and open 3 hours before kickoff.
WE NEED TO MAKE A STAND RIGHT NOW!
After Art Modell stole our team from us, we fought for our names, colors, and history to remain here in Cleveland. We won that battle, and we can win this one too.
So please just take a moment of your time and at the very least sign this petition. If you have a chance, call the commissioner yourself and tell him that this is unacceptable.
Thanks,
Larry
http://www.petitiononline.com/ClevMuni/petition.html
Parking Facilities Liegh Stevens, Commissioner Phone: 216.664.2711
http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/CityofClev.../Contact%20List