I saw this on theCHIVE and thought I'd share since I thought you would all appreciate it.

I saw this on theCHIVE and thought I'd share since I thought you would all appreciate it.

Typical off-season article. Questioning what a rookie QB can do in his follow-up year? Genius. I'm not entirely convinced that they didn't just copy portions of other articles published before and change the words around a little.
I think they should get Green if they can, and if not then depend on trades to get good, veteran wide receivers.
Where does the majority of the information about Vince Young come from? Jeff Fisher. Has VY acted immaturely? No doubt. However, anyone that takes a lot of the stories at face value probably believes everything politicians tell them too.
The bottom line is Fisher will have the opportunity to prove himself without VY in the mix next year. Based on track record I don't think they'll make the playoffs, and likely will end up with a losing record. It remains to be seen whether VY will get a chance to prove himself elsewhere. Personally, I'm glad, because that relationship was poisoned to begin with.
I did not say Colt wasn't accurate or a smart qb, I just don't think those qualities outweigh his lack of arm strength in this division.
Oh well .. might as well just keep drafting quarterbacks, because McCoy isn't a prototypical quarterback. What idiots the organization is for drafting him in the first place. Obviously he's shown how terrible he is after a handful of games against good defenses in his rookie year. No chance he'll improve or prove himself with more experience and better receivers. We all might as well slit our wrists, toss a few more picks away on QBs, and resume the status quo.
...but Bradford wasn't the reason Rams lost. He has no receivers.
This sounds familiar except McCoy plays in the toughest division in football and Bradford plays in the worst. If his defense had put them down by 14+ points early in the game then you would seem him being forced to open it up, and against an opposing team's defense who's ranked 27th. Compare that to McCoy who was playing against the 2nd in overall defense. McCoy has gained some valuable experience. If he gains a better defense and better receivers then we'll see.
I was thinking about the "not making long passes" and it made me laugh a little to myself. He has a decent to subpar receiving core who have a habit of dropping balls. If I were McCoy I'd be a little worried about deep passes too. Of course I'm not, but just felt like sharing that mental image.
Hang in there Pistola .. you shall ride again! 
I'd be a little more inclined to see if we can pick up a good receiver already in the league; especially if we can't get Green; even if we have to trade a draft pick to get it. That way we can hit the ground running more quickly with veteran receivers. Then draft players that will help shore up some of the other spots we badly need. If a Jones or Blackmon drifts late into the 2nd or 3rd round and you can get them cheap then great.
I have some faith that we'll do the right thing. This past draft was pretty good for us.
There was a comment during the Seahawks vs. Rams game talking about how Bradford only had a couple completions of over 40 yards. I'd be interested in a breakdown of the two quarterbacks attempts / completions for each passing yardage tier. I know his yards per attempt is higher (7.55 vs. 6.06).
One of the other things that I hear mentioned is how all the other AFC North QBs are larger and therefore better built for cold weather. It'd also be interesting to hear what the NFL average size for a QB is in comparison.
I've been reading this board for a while, but haven't really been inclined to post yet. However, I found it annoying to watch the lynch mob forming for McCoy.
I watched several routes where the receivers weren't running 100%, or quit early on the route. Obviously a core of mediocre receivers who are either quitting on routes or going at it half-ass means McCoy is at fault. Not to mention Hillis isn't 100%, and the defense's inability to stop the Steelers has made the Browns one-dimensional.
Cut the rookie who's played only half a season versus some very, very good defenses some slack. What's the alternative? Spend draft picks on more QBs? You'll be bringing someone else in with the same terrible stable of receivers. Please. Draft smart, and build for next year.