PT BRUISER!!
dgolf221
Posts
-
Any Good Nicknames For Phil Taylor? -
Derek Anderson Blasts YOUAnderson in 2008: 10 games, 9 TDs, 8 INTs, 66.5 QB rating.
Anderson in 2009: 8 games, 3 TDs, 10 INTs, 42.1 QB rating.
And he's upset with the fans? I hope he goes to Buffalo so he can deal with the same type of pissed off fans and we can beat his ass this upcoming season. Don't go away angry DA, just go away.
-
Myrone Rolle should be a BrownSaw him interviewed on PTI today. I would be thrilled to get him. Whatever team drafts him will not be disappointed.
-
Browns Dismiss two top executivesGuess we know what they thought of Cribbs' "final offer"
-
Holmgren dodges Quinn question, againI caught this as well. He had an opportunity to complement Quinn and passed at the chance. I wish someone would have asked a follow-up when he said that he scouted Quinn at the combine a few years back. Not that Holmgren would have given us a straight answer, but I would like to know what he saw back then.
-
Braylon Drops Another Touchdownhttp://img110.yfrog.com/i/fkc.gif/
Best GIF ever! I could watch it over and over.
-
Possible new teamI suggested a little more than a week ago DA to STL because Bulger isnt young and he's hurt. I'd certainly be in favor of this. However, I really have to wonder about rumors coming out of the Mangini regime. He doesnt tell anybody anything. The K2 trade came completely out of nowhere. Love the idea, but I'll believe it when I see it.
-
Possible new teamLink?
-
Cleveland Deserves Better Sports CoverageCouldn't agree more about the PD. Don't know what I dislike more: The crappy writers with agendas or the amounts of errors on any given day on Cleveland.com. Seriously, do they have editors?
Outside of Terry Pluto and Windhorst, everyone else is almost unreadable. Bill Livingston's columns are boring and rarely have points. I refuse to read Bud Shaw after in 2005 he wrote an article on the Indians right before the final week of the season. After Sizemore lost a fly ball in the sun to lose a game, he wrote that it was an omen of a bad ending to the season. As you know, we went out, had a terrible last week, and missed the playoffs by 1 game. Why he wrote such a pessimistic article, I'll never know. And right now, Tony Grossi is so anti-Mangini that his articles are almost unreadable. He hates Mangini wont tell him anything and never misses an opportunity to take a shot at him.
-
Any sopcast??Thanks Dan!
-
Any sopcast??PM me please!
-
With the first pick, i chooseI've been looking all over for an Eric Metcalf jersey but they just dont exist. After my run of jerseys (Couch, Holcomb, Winslow), going throwback seems like the way to go. As it sits now, I'm leaning toward a Jim Brown.
-
Mangini on WimbleyA writer with a POSITIVE spin on the Browns? Who was it? I'd like to shake their hand, especially after reading the drivel most of them are paid to write.
Mike
Well we know it wasn't Tony Grossi. The Browns could win the Super Bowl and Grossi would write an article that we didn't win by enough.
-
Are You Happy with the Draft Picks So far ?Am I missing something? I thought we now had 8 picks but I keep seeing 10. Don't we have a 1, 3 2s, a 4, and 3 6s?
My fault. I just went with what ESPN said, didnt count them. Good catch.
-
THIS is what we've been waiting all f-ing offseason for?I know its been said, but I love how we got out of the #5. After Curry, there wasnt one guy who had me head-over-heels in love. Orakpo, Crabtree, and Raji all had issues. So Mangini and Kokinis convinced everyone that even though we have 2 qbs, we're going to take a QB. That's just genius IMO. Hopefully the guys we took/take will pan out and help us.
-
Are You Happy with the Draft Picks So far ?Its not that I dont like Robiskie or the other WR. I just thought Malaluga was a huge free fall for him to be there for us at our 2nd round pick. And we passed. Is there something about him Im missing that so many teams passed on him? And then we took ANOTHER WR with our next pick. Are we planning on getting a LB in a trade involving Edwards or DA?
Other than that, I love what we did. We went from 5 picks to start the day to 10, tied for 2nd most in the draft. Just hope we took some guys that will help us.
-
LATEST RUMORFrom Mel Kiper's mock:
Update (10:30 a.m. ET Saturday): The buzz surrounding the draft is focused on the No. 4 pick. It looks as though the Seahawks may take Aaron Curry instead of Sanchez. That would enable the Browns to either pick Sanchez and trade Brady Quinn or trade the pick. My information is pointing toward the Browns trading Quinn and selecting Sanchez.
Definitely not a fan of this.
-
Press Conference Today?I would have been more upset if Kokinis came out and said "yeah, we're looking at drafting Crabtree" or whoever. Why would he do that? If you read the article that Grossi posted this afternoon about the press conference, he seems so irritated that Kokinis gave him nothing. Come on, what did he expect?? When it comes to this time of year, you let NOBODY know what you're thinking and what you're doing. I have no problem trying to figure out what's real and what's a smoke screen till draft day because that means the other 31 teams are doing the same thing. Kokinis is doing a fine job, and Tony Grossi needs to get over himself.
-
Quinn not happy about trade rumorsIt'll be very unpopular is Quinn is traded at all.
I've said it before, it'll be the first time in history a team has drafted a QB first round and never given him a chance (other than Elway and Eli type of situations).
If Quinn isn't worth trying, than why would a team give up a first and another pick for him. And if they are willing to, why wouldn't we keep him and try him ourselves?
Still a 90% chance this is all Mangini blowing smoke and its working reeeeeeeeeeeeeally well.
Keep it up Mangini. Nobody knows if you like Anderson, Quinn, Sanchez, or some other guy.
It's perfect. You have the pre-draft world right where you want them, guessing their asses off. Well played.
That's exactly what I see out of all of this. I give very little credence to what Grossi (or anyone in the PD other than Pluto) writes. Grossi has such a grudge with Mangini it's ridiculous. It just seems to me that when dealing with the draft, you make everyone believe youre going to do the opposite of what youre actually doing. Savage did it two years ago. One day we were drafting Peterson, the next we were drafting Quinn. The guy you barely heard about was Thomas. So who did we draft? Thomas. And I remember him saying he made that decision way before draft day. I'll admit it if I'm wrong, but I think Quinn stays and this is all a ploy to make teams think we like DA as a starter.
-
"Mangini tears down Browns History" - Paints over Hall of Fame muralI hope it's part of a "looking to the future/forgetting the past" theme. Yeah, our history is great but the recent history leaves alot to be forgotten.