Another Chiefs fan here....not here to troll. Nobody likes that. Just wanted to see what you guys were feeling about this game. It's been mentioned and I do see some similarities between KC last year and Cleveland this year. Especially as it relates to the defensive side. Nothing more frustrating than knowing your team has a good defense only to see it wasted by turnovers and the offense not doing anything. Throw a tired defense out there and I'm sorry it won't matter how good they are they are going to wear out. And of course the other similarity is the QB play. Alex Smith is not lighting it up. He is what he is....which is still light years better than Matt Cassel. If nothing else Smith has a more calming effect in the huddle and is more athletic with his legs than he gets credit for. Ask the Texans. And he is relatively good on preventing the big mistakes.
I am interested in seeing some of the matchups on Sunday. I have a ton of respect for Thomas on the line. How is your other tackle? Solid? I think Cameron is a good young TE. On the other side of it...the Chiefs have given up zero touchdowns and the fewest yards in the league to tight ends....so something has to give there. I think there are two areas where the Chiefs defense has shown some vulnerability. Going deep early. Dallas did it, Texans did it, Giants did it.....they all got a long pass for a score. Also Chiefs have shown they can be run on by mobile QBs. Don't know if your coach is planning on having Campbell do much designed run plays but it couldn't hurt.
Browns fans deserve a winner. You guys have been through so much and that includes having your team yanked out from under you. I've always had a bad taste in my mouth about how that went down. The success of KC this year is as much about adding a new GM and a new coach as it is what we put on the field. Romeo Crennel was a horrible coach for us. Scott Pioli was a micro manager who worried more about candy wrappers in a stairwell then the product on the field. Dorsey and Reid are breaths of fresh air for us.