Bell did an exceptional job this past year for the Saints. He started off great, Payton called him the MVP of training camp, which is what earned him the carries he got during the season. He kind of dissapeared towards the end of the season though, I'm not really sure why. He is not a RB that will carry the whole load, he should see maybe 10 carries a game or so. Being a Saints fan, I have mixed feelings about him staying or leaving (if he leaves we get to pick up another free agent, especially if he gets a big payday which i doubt). While he did produce for us, I am concerned about his dissapearance down the stretch. He hits his holes hard, and runs with power, but is not very elusive, he would rather try to run through the defender than to avoid him. Many of our offensive players are getting the label of just being part of the system, and not as good when taken out of the system, but I think it is just as much the players that have made the offense as good as it is. Not sure what yalls needs are at RB, but if you're looking for a power RB to help share the load, he would be a good fit for that need.
DomeDude
Posts
-
Mike Bell -
Fujita signed...Hey all, Saints fan here. Just wanted to comment on your pick up of Fujita. He is a solid starter, and a very inelligent football player. He lacks the physical talent to ever be a superstar LB, but he makes up for it with his knowledge and leadership on the field. I was sorry to see him go, but thats how football goes these days. Not only is he a leader on the field, but he was also very active in the community here, I think you will find this to be a very good pick up for yall. I'm glad yall threw some decent money at him so at least now we can sign a free agent. I really hate the limitiations put on the top 4 finishing teams, but I guess thats the price you pay for finally winning a Superbowl. Anyway, good luck to yall and hope Fujita does well for yall.
🥷