Here is this weeks survey:1. How much of the draft, which is now a 3 day event, will you watch?
I will DVR the 1st 2 rounds then tune in every now and then for the rest.
2. Ben Roethlisberger...did he skate, or was justice preserved?
He got away with something and he knows it but without enough spit (DNA) you must acquit!
3. Were you surprised at how well Tiger Woods performed in The Masters after a 5 month layoff?
Somewhat.
4. The Top 5 albums on the Billboard Top 100 are by the following artists: 1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Barenaked Ladies 3. She&Him 4. The Gorillaz 5. New Moon Soundtrack. Who would be your pick to purchase if you were to, and are you surprised that a guy that died 39 years ago has the leading selling album in 2010?
I haven't bought anything in a long time but still believe Hendrix was one of the best guitarists ever and the latest generation must agree.
5. This week in history, April 12 through the 19th the following events occurred. Which one has the most important historical significance?:
1775 The Battle Road, Lexington and Concord
1861 The South fires on Ft. Sumter to begin the Civil War
1865 Abraham Lincoln is assassinated
1906 The San Francisco earthquake hits
1912 The Titanic sinks
1945 FDR dies
1993 Waco tragedy
1995 Oklahoma city federal building bombed
Lexington and Concord most important but the following two dates very important in shaping American history as well. The other dates impacted America but not on the same level as the first three.
DumAssWhiteGuy
Posts
-
Survey Monday Disaster week -
Restricted Free Agent Problem come April 15thFirst of all Trusnick was the only one to sign his tender and to be honest I was suprised he got the same tender as Harrison, Roth and DQJ.
Really no need to panic about this, the FO is getting ready for the draft and can concentrate on getting these guys signed after the draft. The team is really in the driver's seat so to speak by tendering them as RFA's.
Elam - For lack of a better replacement will be resigned but the Browns probably need to look for a better option here and need more depth at safety.
Harrison - I would want to sign this guy to 2 yr contract with an option on a 3rd and see how he handles the grind of being the starter over the course of a full season.
Vickers - Like him and think he really started to excell last year but with the addition of Hillis may be expendable and might be traded or released.
Jackson - Trade bait in the draft. Proved last year to be over rated when he went down and others stepped in and did well. Now his agent is making noise? C-ya!
Roth - I hope we can get a long term deal on this guy done, was a stud down the stretch last year and seems to be the one of the starters at OLB for years to come.
-
Thanks Derek AndersonAt least Andersen can be called a one-hit wonder. What do you call Queen, who's done nothing but take a shit on the field (well besides the DIVE he took against Ray Lewis and the Rat Birds)
Anyway, I'd have kept Andersen for the backup and shipped out Queen.
You know, it's ironic, while I was reading your post the NFL Network just showed highlights of your boy DA taking a dive without being touched to avoid contact...What a puss!
Come to think of it, I saw Peyton Manning do the same thing in the playoffs last year in the game vs the Jets - he must suck as bad as Brady Queen and your boy wonder DA right?
-
Thanks Derek AndersonTRANSLATION: Brady Quinn has a nice tight ass ... but I'm only interested in wins.
TRANSLATION: More childish insults as proof DA lovers are blind, clueless fans....This insult of yours sounds like "I know I am but what are you?"
Stan, I think it made it perfectly clear I don't give a f who the QB is as long as it isn't DA....You and Lums created most of the idiotic controversy on this board because it was good for your "posts viewed" or popularity meter or whatever you go by...
I've had intelligent conversations over the years with you on other boards when I went by another name so I don't understand your blind love for for all things DA on your own board...You must have a side business selling big shoes for clowns or something and DA not playing anymore in Cleveland just cost you a boat load of money!
-
Thanks Derek Andersoni find it funny those bashing DA for crying about it are the ones that were crying about quinn plights.
xxxxing hypocrits.....you whined for 3 years to see your shitty QB get on he field, along with every excuse under the bus of why he should.
the only thing DA is guily of is bad wording.....not quite as bad as being classless.
This thread should be subtitled "We call other people names and insult their opinions because it makes us feel better about our stupid allegiance to a one hit wonder boy"
- I don't care who the F_ _ K the QB is as long as it isn't that Mother Fu _ _ ing loser DA!
I don't think I can make it any clearer for my hard headed, misguided brothers who are Browns fans.
-
Thanks Derek Anderson -
Derek Anderson Blasts YOUDA, no one feels sorry for you, you made more money thanks to the Cleveland Browns than 99% of the average Browns fan will make in a life time.
Your lack of commitment to the organization that made you richer than you ever deserved to be deserved more than your smart-ass smile after another game changing turnover game after game.
How many times can you rocket a pass 7 yds to a wide open RB in the flat or a WR under zone coverage?
How many times did you throw into double or triple coverage down field when you had someone that was wide open on the field?
How many BQ or Ratliff fans for that matter do you think you made over the years with your disgusting play?
Due to a long arduous deployment in 2007, the first game of the year I saw was the 2nd Cincy game and even then I didn't hate you even though that game disgusted me...
Then Phil made the mistake of overpaying you, the 2008 season spiraled out of control and dumb ass Crennel wouldn't bench you so after you already cost us the game vs Indy and got injured the real fans of the Browns (including myself) were cheering because a change in QB was finally forced on coin-flipping, slow to make a change, camp cupcake Crennel! I couldn't care less at that point who the back up was I was just tired of seeing you lose game after game.
Wallow in your self-pity and hatred for the fans of Cleveland if you want even though you are a very rich man thanks to our hard earned money you ingrateful A$$.
You were nothing but a one hit wonder now that I think about it...Kind of like that group in the '80's - Planet P - big things were expected of them too but their only hit song was "Why Me?"
I hope you do come back to Cleveland next year so we can finally share in your joyous smile as you are walking off the playing field after throwing (another) INT! and you can hum in you head all you want "Why Me?" but I don't feel sorry for you, good riddance!
-
Big Ben Accused of Rape... againOk, ya yabos (you can look that one up), I will interpret for you:
Yabos? As in large female breasts? I guess that's better than calling someone a chode or a schlort...
-
Rogers on the trading block?As per Mary Kay - as quoted by PFT
"The Browns plan to keep Shaun Rogers because of his tremendous ability," a league source told Mary Kay Cabot. But the notion is qualified by: "Unless someone makes the Browns an offer they can't refuse, Rogers will be a Brown in 2010."
-
Javon Walker...hmm? -
Javon Walker...hmm?Oakland started two rookie WR's all last year who weren't exactly all-pros with Heyward-Bey looking like a total bust at this point. If Walker couldn't get on the field with those two rookies in front of him and he couldn't mentor them into being better, than what the hell is he going to do on our team?
PASS! At this stage of his career I'd rather have some undrafted FA or 7th rd rookie taking that last WR spot on the team, at least you know they would play with some passion for the game like their football life depended on it.
-
Seneca Wallace traded to ClevelandThe countdon to DA's departure has begun...I think the only way DA remains in Cleveland now is if he tells MH he is willing to renegotiate his contract for the NFL minimum plus incentives to stay with the team (not likely) or he gets snowed in at Hopkins and can't leave (more likely).
To be honest I didn't know much about Wallace a few weeks ago when the rumors about him started circulationg but after looking at his stats he has played roughly a season worth of football (14 games) with at least slightly above average numbers. If someone were to just look at the stats alone I think he would be the clear starter right now but let's wait to see what he can do with the guys on our team before that decision is made.
IMO BQ will be holding the clipboard again this season or traded unless he shows a lot of improvement.
-
Highlights of Big Ben's futureYou mean Big Ben is going to be one the "cheerleaders"?
-
OFFICIALLY ONE DAY INTO FA and we've done......SQUADOOSH!!! thanks mike, tom and eric for making this an excitable day of nothins, coulda-beens, and maybe should have-beens. don't be expecting the floral arrangement we had all pitched in for to be arriving at the doors of berea anytime soon. as a matter of fact get your big blow hole out in front of the facility tomorrow morning to explain why the xxxx you guys are so inept. first donut is on you heckert!
What did you expect? Everything Holmgren has said as a member of the Browns has been true to this point and he said before FA started we would not be big players.
I think there are some 2nd tier guys who we won't have to break the bank for that will be signed. Not necessarily pro-bowl caliber players but players who can contribute and will sign reasonable contracts.
Personally I would have liked the Browns to have shown some interest in Boldin who the Ratbirds got a good deal on and Rolle who ended up getting overpaid by the Giants. These areas still need addressed - our DB's are terrible except Wright and we desperately need some veteran leadership at WR. Oh ya, a solid RT would be very nice too!
-
Breaking News: Corey Williams Traded To LionsThey are also filling needs through FA that could really change how the draft plays out.
With 2 new D-linemen could they now pass on either Suh or McCoy? They already have their franchise QB so do they trade or take someone who changes the whole top half of the projected draft positions?
-
FA DT Justin Bannan will visit with Browns, and BroncosGood Post. !!! So does this mean we are setting up to get rid of Rogers? Im all for keeping Rogers and Rubin. We need a safety/corner!!!
I think he would take Williams' (back-up) spot on the D-Line rotation.
If Savage was still here we would have signed him last night with $30 million in guarantees just because he played for Baltiwhore

I think our biggest weakness on the team is DB's so I hope between FA & the draft we can get 2 new starters back there.
-
Cribbs contract update -
Why LeBron isn't Going Anywhere Next YearZombo said:
and another:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,225246
He only needs to petition the league for a number change if he stays in Cleveland ... obviously he is strongly considering that.
Zombo
--Screw New York
Agreed, screw NY!
I used to enjoy watching PTI on ESPN but Tony Cornholio's constant snide, arrogant NY remarks like "the countdown to Lebron in NY is on" or "Lebron is wearing a Knickerbockers uniform next year" "why wouldn't he want to be in NY?" just got too much to tolerate anymore.
-
Fraley released per OBRBrowns release Veteran Fraley
By John Taylor
Posted Mar 3, 2010
| More
Fraley's four-year run with the Browns has come to an end as the versatile offensive lineman has been given his walking papers by the new regime.
As first reported in a Twitter post by his agent, Ralph Cindrich, and later confirmed by theOBR, offensive lineman Hank Fraley has seen his four-year run as a member of the Cleveland Browns come to an end.
Fraley was informed earlier today that he has been released by the club. A ten-year veteran in the NFL, Fraley is free to sign with any team at any time.
Fraley was acquired by the Browns eight days prior to the start of the 2006 regular season in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles. During his time in Cleveland, Fraley played in 63 games, starting 52 of them.
For his career, he’s played in 135 games with 123 starts.
Related Stories
Tebow Tracker: Scouting Combine, Day 4
-by ScoutNFLNetwork.com Mar 1, 2010
Mangini At the Combine, Under a Shadow
-by theOBR.com Feb 27, 2010
Kokinis Settlement a Necessary 'Evil'
-by theOBR.com Feb 25, 2010
I saw this somewhere else too. The other source said the release caught him by suprise.
Not sure why released him now unless his contract was unfriendly to the team...We are already losing Pork Chop and hopefully we release Sinclair. We might be shopping for O-Line in FA this year.
-
Vancouver olympicsDo I lose a nut if I mention Burton Cummings and The Guess Who? or Bryan Adams?
Don't forget Mike Myers and John Candy
....Pamela Anderson?